New Years polly - Are you making any new years resolutions? ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿคท๐ŸŽ‰

• 19 December 2018
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 8685 replies
Goals for 2019? ........

What do you think about New Years resolutions?

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Drive down my energy consumption!

Eat less junk food.

Eat more healthy food.

Grow more veg and fruit than last year.

Drink responsibly (quality over quantity).

Stop making New Year resolutions I can't keep. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Anyone making any for 2020???!!!!!!!!

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
How did last year's go for you @Bev? I love that you're recycling threads! Was that one of your resolutions?? ๐Ÿคฉ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Listen more
Drink a little less wine, but savor the quality
Continue to monitor eating habits by reducing forms of sugar intake (currently eating a chocolate truffle from the freezer)
Purchase less trainers by seeking counciling/hypnosis!
Soften up and be less judgmental
The fear of being eaten by a sandwich is not a reality
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
25 quid;45136:
How did last year's go for you @Bev? I love that you're recycling threads! Was that one of your resolutions?? ๐Ÿคฉ

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚No, but it was to gradually go vegan, 25 notes. Iโ€™ve bedn veggie over thirty years but not vegan. Through the year, Iโ€™ve managed to go 99% vegan now. The only non vegan thing Iโ€™ve yet to fully give up, is ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€, thatโ€™s tricky, but trying substitutes and proud as almost there ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

For 2020, Iโ€™d like to continue to aim for a fully plant based diet, and continue walking but increase my steps to get my fitness back to where it once was ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Love the sneakers one, our Strutty ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Good work @Bev! I hit 8691 so far today and 4.5 miles... good look with the Wensleydale substitute hunt!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Just one this year.

Lose the weight I've put on over Christmas ๐Ÿ™„
Badge +2
I gave up making New years resolutions a while ago. Why put yourself under pressure - there's enough about. If you feel strongly enough about something that you need to change, do it any time
My phone tells me I managed to walk more than 10,000 steps a day (average) in 2019.

So my resolution for 2020 is to do the same again! ๐Ÿง—*โ™‚๏ธ
Badge +2
That's very impressive. I do wonder how accurate phones are however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
To make it to 2021!
you never know what's round the corner! ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ™„
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oooooooh Ange! Positive, positive girl! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;45320:
My phone tells me I managed to walk more than 10,000 steps a day (average) in 2019.

So my resolution for 2020 is to do the same again! ๐Ÿง—*โ™‚๏ธ

Excellent Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒ*โ™‚๏ธ

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Theres no consistency with me. One day I do 22000, then the next day I do 58 steps ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„, so must try harder! Iโ€™ll get there!
Marc;45320:

Impressive! As I've got long legs ๐Ÿคธ, I get there with fewer steps! ๐Ÿ˜
Jowl;45321:
That's very impressive. I do wonder how accurate phones are however.

hahaha v true @Jowl
At least it encourages me to walk more ๐Ÿคธ*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚
Badge +2
Marc;45336:
hahaha v true @Jowl
At least it encourages me to walk more ๐Ÿคธ*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ha indeed. Sorry didn't mean to be negative about your achievements - more sad that mine is nowehere near. I never did get up to 10k according to my watch. I did read the watch/wrist is more accurate at one point.

Anything that encourages more exercise is good of course. My Apple watch has targets on - and suddenly I find i MUST meet them 😃
Jowl;45352:
Ha indeed. Sorry didn't mean to be negative about your achievements - more sad that mine is nowehere near. I never did get up to 10k according to my watch. I did read the watch/wrist is more accurate at one point.

Anything that encourages more exercise is good of course. My Apple watch has targets on - and suddenly I find i MUST meet them :D

not @Jowl

Watches or wrist thingys are def more accurate. Must be.
You like the Apple Watch? I owned one v briefly but found it annoying from all the notifications, and it was a bit too clunky for me.
i may treat myself to a narrow and thinner Fitbit ๐Ÿ˜€
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bet itโ€™s fun coming here as a โ€œmemberโ€ Marc ๐Ÿ‘rather than as a โ€œmanagerโ€ whilst youโ€™re on leave eh, altho bit of a busmans holiday! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I think I may have died, I now have my son's apple watch, (he replaced it with a newer model) and it keeps telling me to breathe!
...now if only I could find a use for it, although I have to say it's really useful to be able to check the weather in Nigeria at the flick of a wrist...
Badge +2
I like my Apple Watch tbh. It's first generation so wouldn't mind a newer water proof one.

the activity targets are good. The mitigation's I have are useful.
Marc;45367:
not @Jowl
Watches or wrist thingys are def more accurate. Must be.
You like the Apple Watch? I owned one v briefly but found it annoying from all the notifications, and it was a bit too clunky for me.
i may treat myself to a narrow and thinner Fitbit ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm liking mine @Marc; it even wished me a Happy New Year... ๐Ÿคฎ
I have upped my exercise and activity levels since I got it and am seeing some nice increased in my reported VO2max for instance. I seem to even have mastered breathing most days too! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Newer ones are slimmer too. It was the always-on display on the series 5 that was the clincher for me. I never had an earlier one as they reminded me too much of LED watches in the 1970s. #old
woz;45371:
I think I may have died, I now have my son's apple watch, (he replaced it with a newer model) and it keeps telling me to breathe!
...now if only I could find a use for it, although I have to say it's really useful to be able to check the weather in Nigeria at the flick of a wrist...

Hahahaha now I really want one @woz

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ˜‚
25 quid;45453:
I'm liking mine @Marc; it even wished me a Happy New Year... ๐Ÿคฎ
I have upped my exercise and activity levels since I got it and am seeing some nice increased in my reported VO2max for instance. I seem to even have mastered breathing most days too! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Newer ones are slimmer too. It was the always-on display on the series 5 that was the clincher for me. I never had an earlier one as they reminded me too much of LED watches in the 1970s. #old

Nice! Stop it @25 quid it's making me desire more products from the Fruit Company......
Bev;45325:

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Theres no consistency with me. One day I do 22000, then the next day I do 58 steps ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„, so must try harder! Iโ€™ll get there!

I'm exactly the same @Bev
Trying to get about 10k a day, but usually do nearer 15k one day, then 6 or 7k the next.
The main thing is that the average is above 10k, right?!