Hot Topic

Let’s get cooking! 🍱🍲🥫🥘🥟🍝🍕🥕🥦🥑🌶👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 16675 replies
Thought it might be nice to share our favourite, tried and tested, recipes with one another, or our own original recipes even.

I was cooking this vegetarian recipe this evening and it’s one of my favourite soups!

Moroccan chickpea Apple soup

Ingreds
2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
1 bunch of Spring Onions
3 Cavelo Nero leaves(you can use sweetheart or Savoy cabbage if prefer )
2 tsp of ground cumin
650 ml vegetable stock
400g of your favourite fresh tomatoes
1 jalapeño(I use Scotch bonnet but that’s way too hot for most palates)
Can of chickpeas
1 Red Pepper (capsicum)
1 yellow pepper
2 apples of your choice (I use Braeburn)
Can of butter beans
Juice of one lemon
Black pepper
Smoked paprika
Baked feta (rennet free, if veggie) (only needs 10 mins in oven)
Grated zest of one lemon (avoid white pith)
Fresh mint, chopped
Fresh coriander, chopped

Method
Heat rapeseed in large deep pan on hob
Add chopped spring onions and chppped cabbage leaves.
Heat til softened, for ten mins, on high heat.
Stir frequently.
Add the cumin.
Add the boiling stock, chopped tomatoes and chopped chilli
Stir in the chick peas (rinsed)
Deseed and chop into squares the yellow and red peppers. Add to pan.
Keep pan on hob on high heat for ten more minutes, stirring regularly
Chop the apples and add to the pan immediately (else will brown)
Add the can of butter beans (rinsed)
Grate the lemon zest then juice the lemon. Add the juice to the pan and stir.
Grind in black pepper to taste, and a tsp of smoked paprika.

Put feta into oven at this stage, to bake for ten minutes, whilst pan simmers.
Simmer pan for fifteen mins on a medium heat.
Serve into bowls
Top each serving with lemon zest and the chopped fresh herbs
Remove feta from oven, and top each bowl with a few cubes / chunks.

I hope you really enjoy this hearty, nutritious, vegetarian soup as much as I do!!!!!!!
Happy cooking, happy eating!

874 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just making a 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄soup from the medley of 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄left from weekyendybendy. 

Don't think I’ve made a 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄soup before!  Smelling good! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Full of flavour, added chick peas and melted Stilton into it, looked really good, but just dunno 🤷‍♀️. Not sure I really like 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄as a soup. Never ever liked tinned mushroom soup, but thought home made be totally different. It WAS but still not sure I like. Don’t think I’d make again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Get ya gums round that little beauty, on this cold winters banky holiday! 

Mexican tortilla filled with melted feta, green peppers, vegan ham, vegan bacon, vine tomatoes and melted Leerdammer!

Scrumptious 💕💕💕💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Mmmmmm smell those billios ya bugger, for a fast rare meal. Beefy super noodles wit Ricmond vegan sausage mmmmmmmm

A cheeky entry from me (far from healthy) is my homemade spaghetti carbonara, with homemade garlic bread. This is probably my fave meal ever!:heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are very clever making your own pasta our Mads IMO, I think it’s great to do that 👍👏. I can’t praise your garlic bread (Garlic BREAD! Peter Kay 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣) cos I loathe the stuff🤭🤮🤮🤮😆but yours looks soooo professional Mads 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏.

Ah love how you’ve joined the cookery thread! Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Looking forward to this little Mediterranean lunch hee

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Can honestly say, these Gino staples are absolutely bloomin gorgeous! Mmmmmm! Only.small lunch to sample, will enjoy the rest tonight, but a massive hit. Big thumbs up. Delicious 👍👍👍🙃😍😝

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nice little snacklet with olives De Gino 👍💕🤣

Toasted muffin, Philadelphia extra light, olives👍💕😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nice little snacklet with olives De Gino 👍💕🤣

Toasted muffin, Philadelphia extra light, olives👍💕😁

Ooh nice!

Uhm @Mads that garlic bread looks amazing - can you send me some? :rofl:

That snack looks really good @Bev! Wouldn’t have thought Philly and olives would work together? Might have to try it…

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Exactly our Nat., who knew, eh! 😳😳😳😳😳😳👍💕. Sometimes ya just have to go with what ya have and give anything really, a go. I truly didn’t think it would, but thought what’s to lose? Turned out soooooo delicious! I’m  truly addicted to Ginos olives now Nat hee! 

I’ll post you some today @Nataly :wink: 

@Bev pasta is my favourite thing in the world, those olives look lovely:heart_eyes:

I made some cookies this week, I only managed to take a picture of one and this one was a bit under baked (it was my test ride cookie), but I thought I’d share anyway!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m into the filled veggie pasta at the moment, our Mads, with simple pesto and olives. Also love it cold with olive oil, pine nuts and spinach! Think the first PP Challenge of eating all seasonal, all British, made me soooooooooo love and embrace local, but now truly craving  Mediterranean day in day out! Had bloomin olives for breakfast again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Can see from your photo alone, how perfect the texture of your cookie is, Mads 🍪💕👍. Really chewy, soft. Has it got spiralina in, Mads? Very healthy. 

Speaking of filled veggie pasta I also had some of that last weekend! It wasn’t made by yours truly, I was at a restaurant in East London called Eataly, but how lovely :heart_eyes:, pumpkin ravioli in sage butter:

I love love love pine nuts @Bev - and for that matter I love pesto!

Ahh thank you @Bev :blush: , no spiralina - not sure I have it in me to make a healthy cookie :joy: - they’re made with muscovado sugar so that’s why they have that colour! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I dunno what’s wrong with me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣but since the challenge, I’m craving pasta morning noon and night 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I am soooooooooooooooo looking at that gorgeous dish of food our Mads, thinking I could just eat that off the screen right now, mmmmmmmmmm! I know our Nat adores pumpkin and sage! She’d love that! 

I soooooooo adore that inventive name for the restaurant! 😳😳😳😳😳😳What a superb play on words! Bloomin LOVE that! 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Keep your pasta pics a coming our Mads! It’s ok for me to not eat seasonal just this week🤣🤣🤣🤣, for a breather, then it’ll be back into my daily eating in some way for sure, by October. Saying that, we’ll need lots of CHO for our trek to Glasgow and back hee hee hee, so maybe pasta can stay! 😉🙃🤭🤭🤭🤭 

I love pasta more than anything @Bev - hahaha it’s a very good play on words, we’ll need all of our complex carbs for our trek up North! 

I’ve found apple strudel ice cream in Lidl and thought of your wonderful pic from Berlin @Scubaseahorse - would you give this a try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That looks super yummy @Mads I need to look out for that 🍦🍨🍧

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Spinach, rocket, feta salad, with olives

Balsamic, extra virgin, seeds and toms 💕💕💕🥗

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Preparing a simple little cosy medley of baby new potatoes in their skinnies, with fresh asparagus, fresh mint, fresh thyme and lemon. Hope it’s as tasty as it’s smelling, as plan to enjoy it with Chateau DIY programme at 1600hrs. 🥔🍋🌱🍃💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ended up later than planned but really gorgeous and fresh. 

Lemon jus perfect 🍋💕👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just starting a kinda cauliflower cheese but with a twist of colour

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

And a touch of apple and celeriac, I’m feeling hee

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In it goes ya beauties 💕💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11