Hot Topic

Letโ€™s get cooking! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฅซ๐Ÿฅ˜๐ŸฅŸ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ‘๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ‘

Show first post

952 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, hadย those plates years in fact. Love em. Never aesthetically great, stir fries, but I can truly honestly say, it was sooooooooo gorgeous. Really really simple five ingreds, plus the added cheeses. Real smashing our Marc ๐Ÿ‘

Looking delicious @Bev!

I made mac and cheese this week, safe to say it went down very well with my friends!

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Since turning 94๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ,ย ย I find I eat much much much smaller portions, and usually only one meal a day, but yours isย the kinda meal Iโ€™d usually eat a few years back, and just looks soooooooo yummy our Mads! No wonder youโ€™re so popular with your friends serving them all these delicious meals ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just preparing a farty bean medley, with black n white chickies, black beans, Gino green pesto, and Mexican salsa.ย 

Preparing it all now, hot. Then can have it as and when fancy warm, or cold too.ย 

Just preparing a farty bean medley

Is this the official name @Bev?ย :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

British ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“, sugardrop tomatoes, and skinny mango lassi!!!!!!!ย 

Not had the skinny before, itโ€™s new but divine! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

British ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“, sugardrop tomatoes, and skinny mango lassi!!!!!!!ย 

Not had the skinny before, itโ€™s new but divine! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So, prepared a Romaine, Celery and olive ย saladโ€ฆ..

Seeds, soft cheese, and fresh ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹, with a salsa dressing

Then topped with sizzling vegan bacon ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“, baby sugardrop tomatoes ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…, ๐ŸŒถand black beansย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee, really fancied ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆon this Monday morning hee hee hee, so why not? ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Freshly squeezed pink grapefruit too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

Weird what ya fancy sometimes๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Smelling good ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Here goes ya bugger ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Iโ€™ve been making this for years and years. Itโ€™s one of my all time favourite GO TO soups. Just got all the ingreds, so going to make a start shortly. I omit the garleeky of course ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜and use chillis.ย 

ย 

Love Tuscan soup @Bev! I normally add extra garlic though.ย :wink:

Now weโ€™re really into the colder part of the year, every Sunday afternoonย Iโ€™ve been making a different soup for the weekโ€™s lunches. This week is courgette, pea and pesto. Super yummy!ย 

My go-to is minestrone though as itโ€™s very cheap but filling.ย :smile: ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Know you love your soup making, like me, our Nat! I sooooooo love this one, as itโ€™s one of the few I donโ€™t whizz. Makes it really hearty for winter! Oh yes, hee hee, you love garleeky. Itโ€™s the one thing my palate soooooooo rejects ugh ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜but make up for it in chillis. Looking forward to making it actually. Something really cosy onย a cold winters day, making soup. Fab idea re your Sundays Nat, and having plenty then for week. Peas give soups a lovely sweet taste ๐Ÿ‘. I love the pesto in this Tuscan soup too, always makes for a nice tasty addition to any soup really.ย 

Funny, cos the one soup I rarely make, is minestrone, yet so love it. Will do many more tho thru winter our Nat.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Added a few cheeky sprouts this time, mmmmm smelt like Christmas ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜โ™จ๏ธ. Used Chantenay carrots ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•, plus juice ofย two ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹at end.ย 

Used butter beans, black beans, and black n white chicky peas ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

This was the veggie Stilton I used to top the soup. Also grated in some Yorkshire veggie cheese.ย 

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Really delicious!ย 

Soooooo nutritiois ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Then the ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€on top to melt

Hearty farty winters soup๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Bonfire mealโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Yum! How did it come about that you have the same meal for Bonfire Night each year? Weโ€™re having jacket potato tonight too woopwoop.ย :smiley: ย Beans and cheese for the win.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

When we were little, Our Nat, every year there was a huge bonfire, with penny forย the guy, and huge firework display. Back then, the whole area, in big families, all walked down to the cubs and scout grounds where it was held. Every year, you could guarantee such a fantastic atmospheee, everyone on foot, all chatting. It was a joy looking back. You forget just how much everythingโ€™s changed in a relatively short space of time.ย 

Our coatsย would always smell strongly of smoke from the bonfire as we all stood around it, throwing our guys on weโ€™d made, and eating jacket potatoes, sausages and beans. It was a wonderful occasion, year after year after year.ย 

Think because of those wonderful memories, even when it all stopped, and everyone grew up and moved away, I have still always prepared that meal whilst watching a few fireworks indoors cosy. Feels odd if I donโ€™t eat that on bonfire night now hee. ๐Ÿ™‡โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bevย 

Remembering thatย it wasย about 90 years ago that you were littleโ€ฆ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah, thatโ€™s about right our Wozeeta, as Iโ€™m 94 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Not cooking today as canโ€™t stand for long, so popped a jacket potato ๐Ÿฅ”into the oven, with vegan Richmond sausages, baby vine tomatoes and cheeses ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€. Smelling good.ย 

Cosy in Selkbag, nice cosy feel to this dark wintry evening ๐ŸŒš๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘

@Bevย thatโ€™s such a lovely tradition and reason behind it, I love that! How gorgeousย :heart_eyes: . Itโ€™s funny how certain meals can bring back such clear memories isnโ€™t it.ย 

ย 

Also, sometimes you just canโ€™t beat a jacket potato!ย :joy: ย Especially when itโ€™s cold outside or if youโ€™re feeling a bit poorly. One thing Iโ€™ve never been onboard with though is the idea of chilli con carne on a jacket potato? Loads of people do it apparently. Not my thing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Must admit Nat, we had a little jacket potato stall when the city centre was hustling and bustling, before the ghost town it is now, and working in the city centre, the smell was too tempting. Could easily bring back to the office, and the favourite topping, even by meat eaters, no lie, ย was always the piping hot, spicy vegan chilli con carne, with the butter melting under it, mmmmmmmmm. Special memories hee. Again see, a simple meal reminding me of the office, and the people at that time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‹