Hot Topic

Let’s get cooking! 🍱🍲🥫🥘🥟🍝🍕🥕🥦🥑🌶👏

Show first post

874 replies

Thank you @Bev! I love Halloumi so much, the tahini dressing was to die for too, I will deffo be making it again. :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I buy the lower fat, veggie Halloumi Mads, but sooooo adore it, that end up eating much more of it 🤣🤣🤣so prob defeats the object hee. 

I used to think, why would I need an actual recipe for salad, but no lie Mads, it truly works out much much better. I tend to write my OWN combinations down, once I find a nice colourful combo that works in taste and flavours, because you can still make bland salads if the ingreds aren’t just quite right. 

Really adore chicky peas on a salad, might buy some more of those black buggers for salads too. 

Yes you’re so right, salads can go terribly wrong! I think a lot can come down to the dressing and the textures. Oh yes I love Chickpeas. I do a veggie hot pot with loads of chickpeas in - I’ll share that one next time I make it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Baked, seasoned aubergine 🍆, served on a 🛏of Cavelo Nero (for my iron, after the Guinness saga 🤣🍺😁)

Smelling good 👍💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee. British Butlers Farmhouse blue cheese salad served with vegan quarter pounders 👍💕

Looking forward to this bad boy 👍💕🥗

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just gonna start me spicy Farty soup cooking, but before I start, I mentioned getting those gorgeous black chick peas last week. Now I’ve found these! New from Napolina! 

Mixed ya bugger! 😳👍👏♥️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Back breaking stuff in the heat 😓but Bevs spicy Farty soup 🍵looking good

Smelling grande! Wheres those painkillers💊💊💊💊💊💥💥💥 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

And there we have my Spicy Farty Chunky soup

With plenty left for the week!
​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sunday gammon roast, in this heat! Was lovely tho.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

These are the black n white chick peas I bought. Heated up with a little bit of melted butter 💕👍

You can never have too many chickies 🏃‍♀️💨💨💨💨💨💨💥

I am going to try to make hummus this weekend! Does anyone have any tips or tricks?

@Bev you’re the chickpea queen round these parts! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, Thanks Mads, but can’t help with hummus I’m afraid to say. Never ever made that from scratch! Sorry 🤷‍♀️

I’ll let you know how I get on!

The key is to blend the tahini together with lemon juice before adding anything else @Mads so it has a good whipped texture, and to add ½ the chickpeas before the rest. Plus continue to add water at the end until you have the right consistency. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Some nights, it’s ok just to enjoy a few pretzels when ya don’t fancy cooking a meal…..

Very yummy 💕💕💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Look at that little medley simmering away nicely for tonight! 

Moreover, just smell those spices mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm👃♨️👍💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Winter medley, not dissimilar to the spicy Farty soup, but much more spices and lots of veggie cheeses including feta, melted in

This should warm me cockles on this cold July day brrrrrrrr ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🤣🍵

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Home made white chocolate and  strawberry cheesecake.....mmmmmmmm

Wow @Angelabikerbabe :heart_eyes: is that a baked cheesecake or one you just pop in the fridge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wow @Angelabikerbabe :heart_eyes: is that a baked cheesecake or one you just pop in the fridge?

It's a baked one , yum yum 👍😋😋

Oh amazing @Angelabikerbabe , I always think the baked ones look so tempting! I have never baked one before, I only ever used to do the ole fridge ones, will deffo have to give it a go. 

I made this Ottolenghi aubergine recipe last night - really yummy! So good with warm crusty bread:heart_eyes:

I used normal aubergines as I am not sure where you get baby ones from. 

Ottolenghi’s aubergines in tomato sauce with anchovy and dill yoghurt

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh amazing @Angelabikerbabe , I always think the baked ones look so tempting! I have never baked one before, I only ever used to do the ole fridge ones, will deffo have to give it a go. 

I made this Ottolenghi aubergine recipe last night - really yummy! So good with warm crusty bread:heart_eyes:

I used normal aubergines as I am not sure where you get baby ones from. 

Ottolenghi’s aubergines in tomato sauce with anchovy and dill yoghurt

Oh WOW, that looks gorgeous 😍

Thank you @Angelabikerbabe! I have some leftover for lunch today, very excited to tuck in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is a GO TO recipe of mine, make it almost weekly but don’t think I’ve shared on here. Just preparing it for later….

I use a mix of veggie cheeses 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀, the 🍋makes it beautiful

I am a big pasta lover @Bev - will definitely be trying this one!