Hot Topic

Let’s get cooking! 🍱🍲🥫🥘🥟🍝🍕🥕🥦🥑🌶👏

Show first post

874 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good to see radishes being used in salads and cooked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I love them in everything our Strutty. Ever since I was little, when my late grandad grew them, and he always knew how much I loved his, as always huge and delicious. Used to give me a big bagful bless 💕. Sadly no more, but whenever I buy them in supermarkets, I think of him every time. 

I’ve learned to add them into everything, but to chop in at the end if on hot food. Used to add to wok, but cooking takes away their lovely pink. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Been accumulating egg whites after making fresh pasta. Gonna makes some rose and pistachio meringues. Taking it easy tonight re the football so purchased a Crosta Mollica margherita pizza, but going to enhance, by specking the base with Belza Harissa Chilli paste,  add spinach leaves, sliced mushroom, grated pecorino and a gooddosing of virgin olive oil.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’ll enjoy your 🍕🍕🍕with your ⚽️viewing 👍. I always like to add my own extra toppings to a Margherita too our Strutty, and always 🌶🌶🌶for sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just preparing a rocket and watercress soup ready for the 🎾

Smelling good 🚀🍵

And using my brand new kettle from asda first thing 👍👍👍👍

Love it 👍💕😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Phew just in time for the final 😅

Perfect 🍵🎾💕👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yesterday, it was ok, but too coarse. 

Today whizzed on ultra high speed, and boy oh boy, beyond perfect. Truly was. Enjoyed it with a shed load of WYWA posts. Perfect 👍👍👍👍👍💕🍵

Made my favourite for my housemate and I last night - aubergine parmigiana! I usually make it up as I go along. My housemate is a big meat eater, but he really likes this one (I am trying to show him how good veggie meals can be)! It’s hard to make it look tasty in photos, but I promise it was delicious:smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Looks good our.Mads, and the added spinach makes my mouth water! Want to start using 🍆more. Said before, a few times here, that the texture often puts me off, and I need to make it less bland, but each time I cook with it, the taste is improving. It’s quite a tricky one, the ole egg plant. 

Want to make Gazpacho this weekend 👍💕

The trick is to always fry off the Aubergines first so that they don’t go slimy @Bev!

Ohh Gazpacho :heart_eyes: please do share some photos in here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh thanks for the tip, Mads 🍆👍👍👍

Yes it’s on here a few times I think, but always tricky to find. I’ll be sure to post pics of it, plus making a summer pasta dish. Yet to get to the supermarket tho 🛒, - mind willing, body procrastinating 🙃👎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As per @Mads great approach re Aubergine prep - orjust a little salt once shaped/cut add little olive oil, mix a bit and cook in the oven until they wilt, grills good too. But nice an easy in the oven ready for next part of the prep.

Done this veggie with Aubergine Lasagne a couple of times and this time might add some sliced courgette

http://goodfoodandredshoes.blogspot.com/2020/11/vegetable-lasagne.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just bought courgettes and aubergine today so will deffo be using at weekend 👍👍👍👍🍆

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

But first this garden pasta dish. A lovely Go To recipe for the summer 👍

Just chopped this veg whilst the rigatoni cooks 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Will make the sauce with light Philadelphia, mature veggie 🧀, Lemon juice and lemon zest, plus basil and dill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Looking good so far 👍

Will add crunchy pine nuts at end extra👍💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Try a little sample for lunch

👍💕👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The trick is to always fry off the Aubergines first so that they don’t go slimy @Bev!

Ohh Gazpacho :heart_eyes: please do share some photos in here!

Did the Gazpacho yesterday, Mads. Huge success but forgot the photo this time 👩‍🍳🤦‍♀️

Then today I was cooking my aubergine 🍆and was going to do your aubergine parmi wotsit recipe our Mads, as got all the ingreds and veggie Cheshire cheese. Did the aubergine first like you, our Strutty, whizzed back into the lounge to see some Wim, and burnt the bugger 😝😁🔥🔥🔥. I thought no worries, I’ll salvage it as it did smell gorge, even sprinkled with thyme, but no. Cremated, straight in bin 😖. That’ll teach me to multi task. 

Sooooooooo, ended up making a divine tomato, basil, courgette, onion, and red pepper chunky sauce, adding it to a sweetheart cabbage, stir fried with crumbled Cheshire veggie cheese melted in. I kid you not, for a swift improvised alternative last minute substitute, it was ruddy impressive! 🤣🤣🤣👍💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just preparing tonight’s delight. 

Doing black beans, and green lentils, with tofu, Richmond vegan sausages, and stir fried vegetables. 

Various veggie cheeses melted in, fresh 🌶🌶🌶, dash of marmite, cumin, mustard seeds and fresh ginger. 

Smelling good 👃♨️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Keep looking at these every week, but end up buying the standard chicks, but today I thought let’s give the buggers a try. BLACK chicks. Don’t know what they’ll be like, and lot more expensive, no idea why 🤷‍♀️but will look forward to trying 👍

Like to try unusual 👍🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Pleased to say, finally cooked the 🍆to perfection today! 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

After years of it always turning out bland, then the burnt offerings last month, I baked it today, and followed your advice Mads and Strutty. Added a bit of thyme even, it tastes soooooo good. Might add some lemon juice next time as bought two aubergines today. Thrilled to be enjoying the tasty vegetable, sorry fruit (it’s actually a berry), that it should be, rather than a soggy bland mess 👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So yesterday I baked the 🍆. Big success 👍

Today, I have sliced it as yesterday, added three tablespoons oil like yesterday, and Himalayan pink salt, plus thyme. Mixed thoroughly to coat the 🍆, but now leaving it to MARINATE. 

Instead of baking it in oven, I am then going to stir fry it in a few hours and serve with the BLACK chicky peas. Think it will be a nice little meal 😘

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Give it a go, eh?

Drizzled in 🍋juice

Loving the aubergine cookery @Bev!

I made this veggie salad last night with my friend, it was delicioussss, a few different components but not tricky to do. 

The recipe is from Mob kitchen- https://www.mobkitchen.co.uk/recipes/the-ultimate-halloumi-butternut-squash-tahini-salad

Halloumi, butternut squash and tahini salad

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Perfect Mads! Absolutely LOVE halloumi 💕with butternut squash, love the warm squash with salad, and thepomegranate sprinkled on top, just soooooo makes a salad. Not just in taste, but aesthetically. Fab, Mads. Looks divine! 👍👏👏👏👏👏