Hot Topic

Letโ€™s get cooking! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฅซ๐Ÿฅ˜๐ŸฅŸ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ‘๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ‘

Show first post

786 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Thatโ€™s my SHOPPING LIST sorted for tomorrow.
Thank you

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Nice one David ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Pearl barley asparagus saffron risotto

Prep.......

Almost there......

Ready!

Looks delicious! @Bev 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
More cooking tonight ๐Ÿ‘, this time my absolute favourite vegetarian paella ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ

Prep

Then the stock (in my fab wok bought with my PP Amazon voucher btw ๐Ÿ‘)

And ready to eat, ya beauty!

Looking tasty!
Have you tried these before @Bev
Used them in a paella too :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Nope but they sure look good. Only think with her stuff, is itโ€™s usually loaded with garlic and I canโ€™t bear garleeky ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Found this little bad boy today ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘and know itโ€™s a superfood soooooo loaded with iron ๐Ÿ’ช, so if youโ€™re looking for that boost, give this a try in smoothies, soups, salads etc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Love spirulina and must start using it again instead of putting it into smoothies like I use to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Warning - Spirulina makes you ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’ฅ for absolute England! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜‚
Userlevel 4
Badge
Loving all of these recipes @Bev! You've inspired me to test some of them out, especially as it's soup weather 🙂

I'm collecting some Vegan recipes ideas for the Pure Planet blog, so here's a call out for the Community's finest food ideas! Whether you're vegan, veggie, or just been inspired by a plant-based meal, share your fave vegan suggestions below :rolleyes:
Userlevel 4
Badge
Sally from Pure Planet has recommended this awesome looking Cauliflower tagine :raisinghands: I can't wait to try it

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Vegetable Gumbo

Ingredients

Rapeseed oil, approx 2 tablespoons๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง
Bunch Spring Onions
2 Green chilli ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
2 tablespoons of Schwartz Extra Spicy Cajun seasoning ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ
5 sticks celery
3 large carrot ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•
800ml vegetable stock, using 2 vegetable Oxo cubes
400g Passata๐Ÿฅซ
150g dried basmati rice
1 Red pepper
1 yellow pepper
100g Okra ๐Ÿง™*โ™€๏ธ
5 tablespoons edamame beans ๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’ฅ
400g tinned cannelini beans ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Method

Add rapeseed oil to hot wok.
Add chopped spring onions to oil (keep one springy for garnish)
Add de seeded chillis ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ, cook for three mins.

Add Cajun slices mmmmmmmm ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ’•
Stir for one minute. Reduce heat.

Add chopped celery, chopped ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•, vegetable stock, and passata ๐Ÿฅซ, and stir on medium heat for 10 mins.

Cook rice, drain well.

Add chopped peppers, okra๐Ÿง™*โ™€๏ธ, and all the beans to the mix.

Cook for a further 4 mins, mix in the rice.

Serve onto plates, not adding too much of the stock.

Add last chopped Springy to the top.

Eat and enjoy!๐Ÿฒ

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Made this up! Had for lunch. Yummy. Calling it Savoy Surprise ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Simply blanched a few Savoy leaves, sprinkling of fresh ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹juice. Then filled with stir fried celeriac, courgette ๐Ÿ†, broccoli ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ, chilli ๐ŸŒถand rice. Added an ๐Ÿtowards the end of stirfrying, and a shakey shakey of hot paprika๐Ÿ‘, and dash of Balsamic
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Marc;20707:
Looking tasty!
Have you tried these before @Bev
Used them in a paella too :)

Bought them.....Tried them ...............LOVED them!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, Thanks for the recommendation, Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, absolutely DELICIOUS! ๐Ÿ˜
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Oh it didnโ€™t copy the picture forward, but it was the big Linda Mac sausages ๐ŸŒญ๐ŸŒญ๐ŸŒญ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ƒ
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
No home cooking, but these little bad boys. Divine!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒญ

Glad you liked them @Bev :D
Yep, we've had them with mash and beans too. A classic! It's making me hungry. I'll have the 3 you didn't want 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hee hee, one for yesterdayโ€™s lunch to try them first, then two for this week ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Look at these little bad boys ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ , both vegan too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Was the 'scampi' any good @Bev ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yayyy, found the thread, thank you Bev.

I have to confess I am a meat eater but I would love to share a carrot and courgette soup recipe. It might not be to everyone's taste as it has a natural sweetness to it. Anyway, some of the amounts are approximate, it all depends on your own tastes.

7 medium to large carrots.
2 medium to large courgettes.
1 large onion.
1 clove of garlic. (or 2 if you prefer a stronger flavour, leave it out entirely if you don't like garlic)
1 -2 pint of veg stock.
Olive Oil.
Sage
Paprika (smoked or unsmoked depending on your preference) I find Smoked works much better.

Peel and cut all the veg into big chunks, roast with olive oil in the oven on 180-200 for about 20-30 mins.
When the veggies are roasted sautee the garlic (if using) in some oil in a soup pan then add the veggies.
Add in 1 pint of the stock, sage and paprika. Cover and allow to cook for about 15 minutes then blitz with a blender.
This can be a really thick soup so add more stock if you wish to make it thinner.
Pepper to taste.

Hope it's not a disappointment peeps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Sounds delightful Nanny, and I loathe garlic so make a very very very similar one using chilli ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถas a substitute. Youโ€™re right in that itโ€™s very sweet, but truly makes a wonderfully warming winter nights soup ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿต. Thanks Nanny, keep them coming!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Marc;24084:
Was the 'scampi' any good @Bev ?

Hey Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, Not strong, not extra fishy๐ŸŸ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿก, just subtle, subtle, subtle, but sooooo lovely with Maccain shakey fries ๐ŸŸand fresh ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹! Really enjoyed it! Had it for last nights dinner. Hope the plant burgers ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”equally as tasty! Would highly recommend the scampi! Remember scampi fries๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚?! Made ya ๐Ÿ–stink like billio ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคง๐Ÿคช
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I can honestly say, one of the best burgers ๐Ÿ”ever tasted! These vegan plant burgers are sooooooooooooo delicious! Had them tonight with my own rustic feta, coriander dip from scratch, and they were beyond gorgeous! Big big big hit ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”

Also, the daily iron in both burgers is 30% of your daily requirements ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Bonus!