I blame you lot !

Badge +3

My (cheap) fixed tariff is coming to an end and the new prices are a huge increase - one of the reasons I’ve not always been a fan of fixed rates. There are some unknown companies who seemed significantly cheaper although the main ones/known ones were slightly cheaper. But the small extra that it will cost  me with PP is more than worth it for the trust I have in them, the green energy and above all to be a member of this community. 

So Thank you lot 😂

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yay glad you are staying 

Badge +3

I have a letter from my mum that says I don’t have to do any tests. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My (cheap) fixed tariff is coming to an end and the new prices are a huge increase - one of the reasons I’ve not always been a fan of fixed rates. There are some unknown companies who seemed significantly cheaper although the main ones/known ones were slightly cheaper. But the small extra that it will cost  me with PP is more than worth it for the trust I have in them, the green energy and above all to be a member of this community. 

So Thank you lot 😂

👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Turn over your exam papers now:

Answer the following questions concisely and accurately, extra marks will be given for those who  have working crystal balls.

1. When will the variable rate next change? Please state a year and month. 
  2. By how much do you think it will increase or decrease? (use a - sign for decrease)
  3. What is the probability of a decrease in variable rate?  Please answer giving a percentage for probability, where 100% is certain and 0% is no chance. If your answer is greater than zero the year and month given in Q. 1 will be assumed.
    Please note if you think there is zero probability no month or year is necessary.
  4. By what percentage of current annual rates do you think the rates might change?
  5. If you assume that your answer to 4 is correct,  by using the month and year please calculate whether by remaining on the fixed tariff until 50 days before the end, you will pay more or less than the penalty you would pay if you were to switch away.

Please show your working out, marks will be deducted for sloppy work.

Answer the following questions concisely and accurately, extra marks will be given for those who  have working crystal balls.

2. By how much do you think it will increase or decrease? (use a - sign for decrease)
  3. What is the probability of a decrease in variable rate?  Please answer giving a percentage for probability, where 100% is certain and 0% is no chance. If your answer is greater than zero the year and month given in Q. 1 will be assumed.
    Please note if you think there is zero probability no month or year is necessary.
  4. By what percentage of current annual rates do you think the rates might change?
  5. If you assume that your answer to 4 is correct,  by using the month and year please calculate whether by remaining on the fixed tariff until 50 days before the end, you will pay more or less than the penalty you would pay if you were to switch away.

🤣

1. 2021 August
  2. +19%
  3. 0%
  4. See Nº 2
  5. Less

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

👍👍👍

That’s lovely to hear @Jowl:grin: Fantastic news!

😇

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

1:  23 July 2021

2:  Electric 9.7%, Gas 8.9%

3: <0%

4: Total 18.6%

5: N/A 

The earliest date I can move tariffs is 26 July, with my luck the tariffs will increase just before the cut off window, also explains the answers to No 5.

I can't show my workings, the dog ate it

Yay glad you are staying 

Me too! Great post @Jowl :slight_smile:

@woz My balls work but they are not crystal. Is that ok?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@woz My balls work but they are not crystal. Is that ok?

Sorry only genuine working crystal balls for this one.(for the extra marks)

I shall be marking answers later...sorry about the evident duplication, wording requires slight adjustment, I will allow for that in the marking.

You can reserve (and lock in) your tariff within 50 days but cancel if you change your mind (or a better deal comes out) @Duppy

🐕‍🦺

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You can reserve (and lock in) your tariff within 50 days but cancel if you change your mind (or a better deal comes out) @Duppy

🐕‍🦺

My point was that the rates will probably change before I can select a new tariff

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

1:  23 July 2021

2:  Electric 9.7%, Gas 8.9%

3: <0%

4: Total 18.6%

5: N/A 

The earliest date I can move tariffs is 26 July, with my luck the tariffs will increase just before the cut off window, also explains the answers to No 5.

I can't show my workings, the dog ate it

LOL, I expect a photograph of the dog, failing that you’ll need cardboard down the back of your trousers..

🐕‍🦺

My point was that the rates will probably change before I can select a new tariff

Yeah, so only worth doing if you lock-in a fixed option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣