Hot air storage facility

• 24 July 2019
  • 6 replies

With all this glorious weather, I got to thinking. If we had a hot air storage facility, we could capture all the hot air and save it for winter to reduce our heating bills.

And the bonus is, we can top it up during the winter with all the hot air the politicians spout... 🤪

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha good one... I name that facility:
the Bullsh*t Off-grid Reserve Internal System.
Knobby;33854:
With all this glorious weather, I got to thinking. If we had a hot air storage facility, we could capture all the hot air and save it for winter to reduce our heating bills.

And the bonus is, we can top it up during the winter with all the hot air the politicians spout... ������
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
My somewhat scientific mind says this is already possible. Not sure how practical it would be but here goes.

Dig a very large deep hole. Deeper the better.
Line hole to insulate and water proof it.
3/4 fill hole with shattered glass. With a venting pipe from middle of glass to above ground level.cover and seal then fill in remainder of hole.
Install a two way air pump, then in hot weather pump the hot air in and then when cooler pump it out again. The glass will heat up and store the hot air and can be pumped out when needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Get it on Dragons Den, Mavis 👍😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
And I thought you were going to say we could bury all the politicians and solve the worlds energy crisis!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thats akin to dumping radioactive waste
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha yes, but the fallout from the politicians would last longer...
Jon1;33881:
Thats akin to dumping radioactive waste