How’s it going for everyone?

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think I may have overdone it with the scrubbing brush

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How’s it going for everyone?

I knew there was another spreadsheet that needed to be done...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SHAKESPEARE'S FIRST SCRIPT FOR THE GOVERNMENT'S COVID-19 CAMPAIGN

Doctor Whitty

Look, how she rubs her hands.

Gentlewoman

It is an accustomed action with her, to seem thus washing her hands: I have known her continue in this a quarter of an hour.

LADY MACBORIS

Yet here's a spot.

Out, damned spot! out, I say!--One: two: why,

then, 'tis time to do't.--Hancock is murky!-

Doctor Whitty

Do you mark that?

LADY MACBORIS

The thane of Fife had a wife: where is she now?--

Face, Space, Hands...

What, will these hands ne'er be clean?

Wash your hands, put on your nightgown; 

Time for bed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Is this app for real? How does it actually work, or do you have to type in each time you wash hands? Genuinely curious as heard nothing of this. Is it a wind up? If it’s real, I love it 👍👍👍👍👍

It’s real @Bev 

I believe the Apple Watch uses motion sensors and sounds to detect when you’re washing your hands.

@25 quid will know for sure :wink:

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The hand washing app on the Apple Watch 6 seems intermittent. When IOS 7.0 was released you could set it so that it reminded you to wash your hands if returning home from somewhere and also if you wanted, it could time your hand washing. With IOS 7.0.1 it does not always work. Mine is set to remind me but it doesn’t, or very very rarely. Also you cannot now choose just to have a reminder it has to be both a reminder and timer - but then it does not work!

Science and research is now telling us the risks of getting the virus from a surface are slight and tests are showing that if there is a surface deposit picked up it is not enough to cause a major problem.

I also find that since IOS 7.0 the watch strap has to be much tighter for the heart rate monitor to work. This is not a hardware issue, it is something to do with the software.

Badge

Love that handwashing graph, wish I had that on my fitbit 👐🤲

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

Who knew 'The Police' were so ahead of their time.

Sorry if you can't get this song out if your head today now !!😂

The hand washing app on the Apple Watch 6 seems intermittent. When IOS 7.0 was released you could set it so that it reminded you to wash your hands if returning home from somewhere and also if you wanted, it could time your hand washing. With IOS 7.0.1 it does not always work. Mine is set to remind me but it doesn’t, or very very rarely. Also you cannot now choose just to have a reminder it has to be both a reminder and timer - but then it does not work!

Do you have to set it up so that it reminds you to wash your hands when you arrive home @G4RHL ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The setting is in the watch app on your iPhone and all you are meant to do is switch on the Handwashing Timer and Reminders in the Handwashing app. It does not seem to work though. I have just come in, been out to the coast for a walk and my watch should have alerted me when I came back in. It didn’t. There must be something not quite right in how it reads the GPS info.

I just leave it switched on all the time but it don’t do owt!

Sorry not checked in recently. The feature is for real and automatic and in two parts. One is it listens and fells for washing type activity. This pops up an animated countdown showing between 14 and 6 seconds remaining (in my experience) and then another noise when the 20 seconds is up.

The other feature uses a geofence to know when you’re home and nudges you to clean up. 

See Apple’s description of the feature.

My score’s been up and down recently:

Richard, have you tried turning it off and on again? 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It sounds sooooo good! I’d soooooooo love it! 

Enough sleep?

Goo = Good job

Are you getting enough double support time?

There are so many new measures new to your iPhone since iOS14…

No need for an Apple Watch @Bev!

Stairs will be of no use to you @Bev

Userlevel 2

Oh my - I need to get myself an Apple Watch! Just having an iPhone doesn’t cut it anymore!😂

The gait analysis ones are iPhone iOS 14 features (if you carry your phone near your hips). So as I say, you can get some of this without an Apple Watch. 😁

But get a nice new Apple Watch SE anyway @Sbeagen.

Userlevel 2

I’m shopping already👍🏼

Oh, upgrade to the six!! Always on is the best feature ever. Who wants to tap or flail to see the time??

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes the 6 is worth it. As you say so nice to have the always on facility. Plus it’s faster and clearer to see.

I have solved my issue with the Handwashing app and it does work! You need both the timer to wash your hands on and also the reminder to do so if you have been out. When you come home it does remind you but you need to check notifications on the watch. So perhaps set the sound or vibrator. A vibrator on your wrist!

I am sure they have changed the sensitivity of the heart rate monitor in the software for since IOS 7 it does not always provide an average heart rate when swimming. It did before. It’s not a change in the Watch 6 for the sensitivity also dropped in my old Watch 5.

New iPhones next week! Not sure I will bother though. What is of greater interest is whether a new desktop is announced. Mine is getting long in the tooth. Like me!

It sounds sooooo good! I’d soooooooo love it! 

Tempted to get one @Bev ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No Marc😂, I’m soooooo happy with the iphone, truly am, but very very impressed with the ⌚️indeed! 🍏💕👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Btw this is sooooo gorgeous for regular handwashing 👏. Lovely fresh floral fragrance 🌸🌺🌷🌹🥀#alliteration

Lovely bottle too - refreshing change from the pumps