Guess the object!

• Former Community Manager
  • 4002 replies
Since it seems everyone's going to be spending a little bit more time at home than usual, I thought we could give this a go! πŸ˜…

Below is a very close-up pic of an everyday household item - can you guess what it is? πŸ•΅

Happy to answer any questions/provide clues!

Once successfully guessed, feel free to add your own photo(s) of household items and any clues…

Let's see how this goes 😁

320 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good old Vaseline??? hmmmm now when did I last hear that phrase...oh yes...
(and I seem to remember phrase Game Over being used as well....)
Bev;50992:
Good old Vaseline!!!!!!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€£
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You’re a tinker our Wozeeta πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
woz;50586:
nope, awaiting more guesses then a clue..
I will add that very many more homes will have one of these (although it may not be identical) than would have a turntable and tonearm...

I will have ye know, I have a turntable and a tonearm - which I'm hoping one day I will be able to plug back into my amp, it's a bit difficult at the moment as my Rega's on top of the wardrobe, and my amps are in Heidi's house.

Luddites of the world unite.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Mark
Yes I still have some LPs and I also have a turntable (not a separate) sadly it has needed a new cartridge for some years and one day I might splash out (couldn't bring myself to pay the £££ but should have as rarity is now an issue) , but I wouldn't yet class them as common household item.
If it's belt driven you may well need to replace the belt (they dry out and crack, similarly it can't hurt to rotate once in a while (bearings)
On the plus side most Luddites are that bit older now so maybe you won't hear the defects.

Interesting psycho-acoustic and psycho-visual observations are that if you add white noise to an audio source it's perceived as being brighter, and if you do the same with stochastic vision noise to a video source it's perceived as being sharper...
but that's a whole other discussion...

Gwyndy;51003:
I will have ye know, I have a turntable and a tonearm - which I'm hoping one day I will be able to plug back into my amp, it's a bit difficult at the moment as my Rega's on top of the wardrobe, and my amps are in Heidi's house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I can't speak for all styles of music.
But, I know so many people purchasing vinyl looking for originals or purchasing represses with varying quality.
Increasingly for of all age groups, record decks sit along side digital formats and vinyl sounds superior to digital.
But then theirs the quality of the hi fi.
I popped into this retro hi-fi shop at Christmas in East London and this Chap sells old school reconditioned amps, decks, speakers etc.
We got talking and he told me to dump my technic belt drive decks and get a decent direct drive if you want a quality sound.
He played the same record through the same amp and speakers on both belt and direct drive decks and I was amazed at the difference.
My main reason for the visit was to ask about this old 70's music centre I've got in the loft thats needs some work to bring it back...he showed me a music centre he's revamped and said if its not up to this quality then know point in bothering because each component is no doubt crap...which was a slap in the face to my dream...looking at it know he's right, the tape decks seized up, the belt on the deck is caput, the speakers have rotted and even though radio dial looks cool (and the music centre looks cool) with it green lighted pointer with its smooth mech..it would cost lots of labour time money...to get it up and running....for very average quality components - so its on its way to the dump when we sort the loft out.
- So luddites no, if you've got a deck you're groovy.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqEEFGBHAxM
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bev;51028:
3891​​​​​​​

Liquorice all sorts artwork on soft wearable onesie style fabric like a human comfort bag thang
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘, spot on our Strutty lad, spot on πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Warmth and comfort, perfect for lockdown!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey me bloody clocks wrong! I changed settings last time, assumed it’d be automatic now! 😠😠😠😠
Yeah and bad spellers of the world untie!
Gwyndy;51003:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Bev, is this your Selkbag design?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Your on the ball Strutt G, well done πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
No our Dai, it’s one of my onesies πŸ‘, really cosy
Strutt G;51029:
soft wearable onesie style fabric like a human comfort bag thang

I think this is how all onesies should be marketed from now on! 🀣
Okay here's a new one 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Nataly;51133:
Okay here's a new one 😁

Bob Marley’s hair πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Is it the fibres of a broom/brush?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Your new wig Nat, to hide your (like everyone else’s) lockdown hair πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’‡β€β™€οΈ
Bev;51149:
Your new wig Nat, to hide your (like everyone else’s) lockdown hair πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’‡β€β™€οΈ

🀣 fantastic. Luckily I'm not quite at that stage since I haven't had to cut my own hair (yet!)
Angelabikerbabe;51138:
Is it the fibres of a broom/brush?

Spot on @Angelabikerbabe!

Maybe the next one needs to be more difficult - who'd like to go for it?😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ha ha , can't believe I got it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​​​​​​​here's my contribution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8