GOODBYE & GOOD LUCK to our TWO wonderful Community Managers, Marc and Nat

• 23 December 2021
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 17451 replies

The time has arrived for two of our community managers to move on to pastures new. 

Our lovely Marc will officially leave tomorrow, Christmas Eve, Friday 24th, with our wonderful Nat following closely behind on Thursday 30th. 

With the community staying active indefinitely, we will maybe see them popping by in the New Year, as community members, just like us! 

But for now, on behalf of all the community, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to both Marc and Nat, for making this community what it’s become over the years. A true success, for which you should both be truly proud, 

Wishing you both every happiness in your new careers for 2022

With lots of love and thanks to you both xx xx

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

agreed double ditto and to say don’t be strangers, although I suspect they will both have lots to do...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yep what a thread what a thread what a mighty fine thread. An era draws to an end and horizons new. 

Big thanks and all the best with new endeavours - onwards and upwards…

Laters 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, a lovely thread @Bev 

Wishing @Marc and @Nataly the very best wishes in their new career pathways. Thanks for all your hard work, I am so pleased that I got to meet you both 

GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOU DO, WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good luck @Marc @Nataly with your new adventures, I’ve learnt so much on here in my short time I will miss you. 

@Bev  indefinitely do you know something I don’t? 

Badge +5

Indeed, good luck to you both. The excitement of a new start. No credit or debit balances to explain. Nor the function of Smart Meters.

Best wishes to you both.

🥂🍻🍹🌲

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev  indefinitely do you know something I don’t? 

Hee hee, no as much in the 🌚as us all our Laps

Aww, thank you everyone! :slight_smile:  Will certainly miss you all, too! 

It’s been a fantastic journey - thank YOU all for making this Community what it is today. The Members are what the Community is all about, really. 

And a big up to @Mads @Jenny_ @AlexHep for seeing the same magic in the Community that we do. :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

❤❤❤😥

:disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just your new name alone, makes me sad 😩😩😩😩

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awww just seen the new title. Former. That is sad. How is the new job going @Marc 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh yeah, not very keen on 'Former' 😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am not usually lost for words but for now , like others, I refer to Bev’s beautiful sentiments. I’ve really enjoyed the ride with Pure Planet and will miss the lovely people in the community & at PP HQ. 
Take care all,

Dai 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

And WE miss YOU our Dai, but great to see you popping by, and really hope 2022 keeps you happy and safe my friend

Badge +5

It has been a community, a forum, designed to provide help and support for PP energy users, but well steered by @Marc @Nataly @Mads and now others. No excessive censorship, but an acceptance of diverse views, even those that are objectionable, those that are obscure (lots of those!) and those that emanate from minds that are questionable. Who me?!  

A tremendous amount of help and support has been given. Often answering the most obvious questions that the author could answer him or herself with a little thought. Sometimes complex answers given that confuse the reader rather than the simple. Minds have been put at rest, many. People often cannot see the wood for the trees and worry unduly. That understanding has always been there from members, sometimes on the edge of frustration with the complainant, but help nonetheless.

We have learned about the showering habits of members, what they like to eat, what pets they like. Indeed most will read the discourse that passes between @woz and I on what is humour, which in itself brings out the strange way our minds can think and work.

This has become an unusual forum. Designed for help with energy but energy has been spent helping with a myriad of things. For that the accolade goes to Pure Planet which has overseen it all and let it take the directions it has. You don’t see this on Facebook and similar dreadful social sites. This is a family.

I do not think it can be replicated. Something special, but it will lose that if resurrected (sorry it’s not Easter yet!) by some other body. We must not become something like Facebook. One thought is that perhaps it is better that we let the forum die naturally, knowing of the support it has given and appreciative of our mediators to have allowed this to happen. The good interaction amongst members and of course with the knowledge that we are all buggars (sorry @Bev ) which until the late 1960s would have us in prison! Well one section of us!

The end possibly is nigh or getting close. I am sure the forum cannot be the same under the Shell hat. Thus better to die gracefully knowing there have been good times we cannot replicate.

Now this puts me on the spot! We have some recent PP staff who have come into the forum and I am talking about its death!  Well, we are told Jesus rose from the dead, can our newer staff members tell us what the future will be?

Sorry I’m late to the ‘party,’  Christmas/New Year’s been even busier than usual this year, so I’ve not had much opportunity to visit.
I doubt they’ll need it, but best of luck to both @Marc, and @Nats in their new roles.

Thanks for everything you’ve done to keep this place running.

The best of luck to @Mads, @Jenny, and @AlexHep in keeping things going, and in finding new employment of their own should it be necessary.

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It has been a community, a forum, designed to provide help and support for PP energy users, but well steered by @Marc @Nataly @Mads and now others. No excessive censorship, but an acceptance of diverse views, even those that are objectionable, those that are obscure (lots of those!) and those that emanate from minds that are questionable. Who me?!  

A tremendous amount of help and support has been given. Often answering the most obvious questions that the author could answer him or herself with a little thought. Sometimes complex answers given that confuse the reader rather than the simple. Minds have been put at rest, many. People often cannot see the wood for the trees and worry unduly. That understanding has always been there from members, sometimes on the edge of frustration with the complainant, but help nonetheless.

We have learned about the showering habits of members, what they like to eat, what pets they like. Indeed most will read the discourse that passes between @woz and I on what is humour, which in itself brings out the strange way our minds can think and work.

This has become an unusual forum. Designed for help with energy but energy has been spent helping with a myriad of things. For that the accolade goes to Pure Planet which has overseen it all and let it take the directions it has. You don’t see this on Facebook and similar dreadful social sites. This is a family.

I do not think it can be replicated. Something special, but it will lose that if resurrected (sorry it’s not Easter yet!) by some other body. We must not become something like Facebook. One thought is that perhaps it is better that we let the forum die naturally, knowing of the support it has given and appreciative of our mediators to have allowed this to happen. The good interaction amongst members and of course with the knowledge that we are all buggars (sorry @Bev ) which until the late 1960s would have us in prison! Well one section of us!

The end possibly is nigh or getting close. I am sure the forum cannot be the same under the Shell hat. Thus better to die gracefully knowing there have been good times we cannot replicate.

Now this puts me on the spot! We have some recent PP staff who have come into the forum and I am talking about its death!  Well, we are told Jesus rose from the dead, can our newer staff members tell us what the future will be?

Well said :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey, our Gwynd, you’ll have to update your signature now, and keep everything crossed for our three new managers re the year ahead 🤞🤞🤞👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well said @G4RHL , this forum has been informative, entertaining and educational. I have learned a lot during my time here, to the extent that I have been able to advise others on the subject.

The Pure Planet community was a unique experiment that worked, and even though we have helped countless customers with their queries and complaints, I doubt Shell will take us under its wing, but never say never

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good words, well said @G4RHL 👍👍👍

Hello everyone, 

We’ll miss Nat and Marc greatly :pensive: - but fear not, @Jenny_ , @AlexHep and I have some fabulous plans to kick start the New Year in style! 

Our Community is still very much here and ready for the New Year ahead. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Brilliant to hear, our Mads 👍👍👍👏👏👏

Badge +5

Are PP able to tell us what is to happen, and when, to this forum? PP is in administration and once the transfers to Shell are completed it will be dissolved. The funding source for the forum then surely goes?

Are PP able to tell us what is to happen, and when, to this forum? PP is in administration and once the transfers to Shell are completed it will be dissolved. The funding source for the forum then surely goes?

It would be sensible for the Administrators to keep it open for a short while after the transfers have finished just to provide a contact method to Pure Planet’s remaining skeleton staff for anyone who has issues with final bills, or people who switched before/during the transfer to Shell.

I doubt we will  get much notice, if we’re lucky, they may keep it open until the end of the next billing period after it’s no longer ‘needed.’

I think that the Pure Planet staff have more important things to be concerned about than the closing date of the forum.

It’s a shame there’s not likely to be any way to ‘migrate’ the ‘non-commercially sensitive’ threads.

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone, 

We’ll miss Nat and Marc greatly :pensive: - but fear not, @Jenny_ , @AlexHep and I have some fabulous plans to kick start the New Year in style! 

Our Community is still very much here and ready for the New Year ahead. :sunglasses:

Marc who?? 😂