Good morning everyone

Userlevel 5

Good morning to everyone in PP

I’m not sure if this is going to work, but thought it would be nice to say ‘hello’ each day to our lovely PP members, and how we are feeling.

Anyway, lets try.. just a little intro about myself.

I live in Poole Dorset, and am divorced, have two grown up children whom have flown the nest, thankfully not far away.

Just a beautiful morning here, bright sunshine, clear blue skies...lets hope it lasts for a while.

Today I am going to make a cake, cannot take my little poodle out for a walk as I have a problem walking any distance at the moment, after having an xray, it showed bones have collapsed in my right foot...had an MRI two weeks ago now, so awaiting for the next step….but I have a lovely garden and Chloe, (my poodle) is happy enough running and playing ball.

Going to put the washing on now, but on a 30 degree wash :yum: must save our pennies now...then hopefully will make a cake, well, that’s the plan. !!

My neighbour Sue is going to phone me at 9am this morning for a little chat, we put the world to rights.

Have a lovely day everyone, and I will hope to get in later to play.

Be safe, take care...we have such wonderful members here, I am so lucky to be amongst you all...thank you.

Barb ( Babs) Barbara...whatever you wish to call me.. xx:sweat_smile::hugging::heart_eyes:

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Morning @Barbrajean !! 

What a great idea! 

If you're read any of my posts (Out of Office thread, Steps to COP26 etc) you'll see that I'm not at home. I'm sailing in a yacht down from Troon to Falmouth over a 3 week period wit a veterans charity called Turn To Starboard. I live in Cornwall, home was originally in Keynsham, between Bristol and Bath.

Today's going to be some shopping for the next week's food and requirements for 5 people on the boat till we get to the Isles of Scilly in about 5 days time. I'm getting a haircut and beard trim before we need to move out boat to Douglas tidal harbour this afternoon. Maybe a meal out tonight, there's a gorgeous Italian restaurant on the quay.

Everyone have a great day! 🙂😌

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fantastic thread our Barb! Love it! 👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏

I’m just back from walking to the supermarket 🛒🏃‍♀️and it truly is stunning stunning stunning out there! Started misty but cleared as I was walking, and ground was quite soggy going, but was drying nicely as I returned. 

Just got my washer on too Barb, and like you I’m adjusting to the lower temps, lower spins 👍👏for the planet. 

Got some cosy new PJs today in Asda so they’ll be perfect for watching Strictly tonight 👍💃🏽🕺

Great you have a lovely garden, Barb, for you and little Chloe 💕🐾🐶to explore and enjoy. I’ve just washed my bird bowls 🐥🐤🐦🐧on sunny balcony, and the communal gardens were all done yesterday so lovely and tidy and bright again out there. Thanks for this fab thread, Barb. 

Sounds like you’re really enjoying your sailing our Ant 👍👏. When you say you’re getting a little haircut today 💇‍♂️, does that mean the quiffy or has that gone now? 🤷‍♀️. Italian sounds yummy, you’ll enjoy that. Sounds like you’re doing great, Ant, loving your snaps and tales 🤳👍. 

I’m going to finish unpacking the shopping, bit of physio 💪on the 94 year old upper body 😉🤣🤣🤣then nice bit of cooking I feel. 

If this gorgeous weather continues, we are all in for a smashing autumnal day👍💕🍂🍁🍂☀️😎, absolutely delightful! 💕💕💕👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This was the thread I thought you might like, our Barb, that I was referring to the other day. 

Afternoon all.

I was up this morning, honest, it’s just that I didn’t see the thread.

There’s not much happening here in my corner of South Wales today, mainly domestic tasks.

I’ve made breakfast. I’ve fed Bluebell and Tigger. I’m trying to break the kittens into the idea of weaning, but their interest in ‘solid’ food appears to be lacking so far, I keep putting trays in their new run with ‘mulched’ kitten food in, but Tigger keeps eating it (which is odd as she shows little interest in it when not ‘mulched’) - I’m not sure if this is an attempt on her part to convince the kittens that it’s safe.

My next jobs are to load the dishwasher and the washing machine; then try and find, or charge, some batteries for my camera; as I’m struggling to get decent shots of the kittens with my five year old phone. The camera is even older (circa 2006) - but at least it has a proper zoom lens, so I can get shots without having to be directly over the run - every now and again, I consider getting a new Digital SLR, but I can’t see me using it enough to justify the cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Maybe get yourself a bridge camera @Gwyndy at one of the electronics exchange places like CEX. I bought a Panasonic Lumix bridge camera and that's been great with no need for expensive removable lenses. There's something to be said about the saying that is credited to David Bailey - The best camera is the one you have in your pocket. That is usually a phone these days, let's face it. Maybe a Nokia, Samsung or OnePlus with a decent camera, used or of course a last generation iPhone.

@Bev Sorry to disappoint you, but the quiff is 'stolen glory' just lifted from a Swiss Tony image! What a character. Using that avatar came about from that funny thread where we said we imagined Woz as ST! I thought: no you don't, I'm bucking that! And here we are. Glad you like my photos Beverly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooooh I see, I see hee hee hee. Fab. OMG LOL at the Beverley 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Feel free indeed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣our Ant 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😉

Sorry to disappoint you, but the quiff is 'stolen glory' just lifted from a Swiss Tony image! What a character. Using that avatar came about from that funny thread where we said we imagined Woz as ST! I thought: no you don't, I'm bucking that! And here we are. Glad you like my photos Beverly!

I must admit to being surprised you’ve not posted a single ‘like making love to a beautiful woman’ skit here yet @Antski Let's all have a chuckle, what are your favourite comedy skits? | Community (purepla.net)

“like making love to a beautiful woman”

Memories!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Barbrajean

I don’t do mornings but good afternoon. Nice thread…

Beware the bad influences in here - (anything related to wind) you know who you are….

you said we could call you anything, how about barbra?  hmmm.. maybe not 

oh and lucky you living in Dorset. I’ve never been but I hear it’s a great part of the country. Monkey World is on my list - have you been there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re a real night owl 🦉our Wozeeta.

LOL re wind 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh you’ll love Dorset indeed. 

Nice thread this is from our Barb 👍👏

@Barbrajean

Monkey World is on my list - have you been there?

You must mean Hartlepool.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Barbrajean,

My real name is Dee, long suffering wife of 21 years and even more long suffering mother to 2 kids, still at junior school, and live in Liverpool.

Today was my daughter’s birthday so we had a few of her friends round for a film and food celebration …… NEVER AGAIN!!!!! Dear Lord girls don’t half bicker! Had my son’s a couple of weeks ago and not a bother. I’m pretty much tee total so going to treat myself to a very large cup of hot chocolate once the kids have gone to bed.

You would probable like the coffee shop thread too Barb.

Nanny

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Barbrajean

Monkey World is on my list - have you been there?

You must mean Hartlepool.

🤣👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I've been holding myself back @Gwyndy ! Apart from you lot, I wonder how befuddled visitors may take it, and some of them are actually here to have issues answered, not just be frustrating! I'll try it this week though.

@Woz If you go to Monkeyworld you'll be right next to the Bovington Tank Museum, which is good, if you're into that kind of thing. I have to plug the fantastic Fleet Air Arm museum up at Yeovilton too. I've got skin in that game going back to 1982, but I can assure you it's with the visit.  Portland is good to watch the comings and goings at the heliport where a few of my former colleagues fly from. When I was small my family would regularly go to Portland Bill to camp.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @Antski,  some god tips there.

I always thought Portland Bill was Barnacle Bill’s brother, (and famous for being mentioned in the shipping forecast - oops  sorry I mean the shipping bulletin - showing my age there!)

Used to go plane spotting with my  son a long time ago, I nearly got arrested once but that story is for another time… (It involves a ladder, a clapped out car and a camera + a bucket full of stupid (me))

(oh and I am an International Gigolo, I taught ST everything he knows)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@woz, international man of intrigue, adventure and romance!!😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Love the Yeolvilton air shows, always get to meet the pilots of the Reds there as they get out the jets straight after their display. Used to love going to that display 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 5

Good Sunday morning everyone…

Oh, it is so lovely to meet you all and so thank you for sharing, you are all so nice and very funny too  😂 ...I have been up for a while, 4am...just seem to wake at the same time every day, but reading all your messages has set me up for a really happy day. xx

Good morning Antski...awww, I did go and see your post in Out of Office...how amazing for you on your 3 week journey of sailing, the weather seems to have been kind to you, lets hope it continues, so 5 people on the yacht, has to be quite a big yacht then Antski, bet you having so much fun.....my son Dale has a Yacht, he keeps it at Poole Yacht club, and he treasures every moment  he hash when can go out on it, (just work gets in the way)   and I have been on it a few times, he even let me steer it… I loved it..he takes his over to the Channel Islands and went to France too with his friends..so I understand how much pleasure this is giving you..awww, your going to the Scilly Isles, how wonderful, I would so love to go there, my son Dale goes every year and says how beautiful it is...enjoy you meal, and hope you haircut and beard trim will make you feel good....enjoy and be safe !! xx  you are sooooooo funny too !!  you sound like a man of action !!!!  😂😂😂

Hiya dear Bevs. xxxxx awww, so you were busy yesterday too with washing, shopping etc., so glad the weather was lovely for you too...so you have to have physio Bev, what is the problem ?… hope your not hurting too much….you are soooo funny Bev,  every post you write makes me laugh !!😂 what are your plans for today…? I am going to wash my hair, (takes me ages) but will do this after I have brushed up the leaves in the back garden, so many now and the bin men did not turn up this week...Grrrr!! so my garden bin is brimming !!  Have a lovely day Bev and will catch up during the morning. xx (I went to your thread Bev, will post on it later today ) Brilliant one. xx

Hi Gwyndy, awww, so you have little kittens to care for, and trying to get them to eat solid food...good luck, I am sure they will get there soon, so is Tigger the mummy ?   I have only ever had dogs, so I do not know much about cats, but our furbabies give us such pleasure..

Hope you managed all your chores, it never seems to stop does it...hope you get the pics done Gwyndy, would love to see them… I am hopeless with a camera...if I take a picture of people, I somehow always cut their heads off !!!!! 😂 I will take a look at the link you posted later about Antski & ‘making love to a beautiful women’ , hmmmm interesting me thinks !!    !!!😂…. Take care, have a lovely Sunday. !

Hiya Woz….nice to meet you x thanks for the ‘heads up’ 😂 yes, Barbra is fine, I get called that a lot, all my friends seem to call me different  versions, so long as their nice ones xx…

Yes, I am luck living in Dorset and Monkey World is not far from me, maybe a 20 minute car ride, and no, I have not visited there but would love to one day...why does work & stuff get in the way !!!! where do you live Woz ?

So your not a morning person then, wish I could turn myself around, suppose always getting up for work early all those years, the old body clock is hard to change..if I am watching a good thriller with loads of killing in it, then  will stay up later, I cannot watch anything with love or animals in it as it makes me cry.

Enjoy your day Woz, so nice ‘meeting you’ x

Hello Dee….aww, sounds like you had a really busy day with the birthday girl and party...hope you managed to rest and get some peace later… but I am sure your daughter loved it and her friends..

Hope you enjoyed you cup of hot chocolate Dee, sounds yummy, and I only have a glass of wine at Christmas or special birthdays...thanks so much, I will go and look at the  Coffee Shop thread later..hope today will be a peaceful one for you….half term soon isn’t i Dee, any plans ?? take care !! x

Awww, Antski, just seen your other message...I have been to Portland Bill but just a visit...seems you have done and seen so much...soooo lucky !! xx

Oh Woz you an International Gigolo…..& Ant...your both  sooooooooooooooooo funny ..😂😂😂😂😂😂...now I have some funny men in my life !! 😂😂😂😂😂 xxx

Have a wonderful day everyone,,, this has taken me so long to write I expect there are more I havn’t replied to...but I will get there….think I will have to have some late nights to catch up xxxx 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh Barb, never mind taking ages to write it, took me ages to READ it hee hee hee! Who needs books when we’ve got you here now our Barb 👍👍👍👍👍👏💕😁

Well it’s upper body our Barb, so shoulders mainly for the physio. Both frozen and torn, so physio just helping ease them a tad. Compensatory pain tho in ribs abs back, hence upper body feeling 94 hee hee but getting there. Slow process but getting there our Barb. 

Its lovely that you discovered this forum our Barb, and joined our fun happy team of like minded people. Hopefully your fab thread will encourage even more newbies to join in and introduce themselves. Nice ice breaker. Smashing thread our Barb 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💕

Userlevel 5

Aww Bev, thanks darling !!!!!    so sorry your suffering such pain, just hope soon it will get easier for you..I understand pain so well, and until you have been through a lot, no one really understands, and we cannot keep complaining, but I think I told you in one of my messages that I have a Vibrapower Infinity machine, you stand or sit on it, also attachments to use for your arms and back….whatever ….massages, muscles you want to target and it vibrates through your whole body, I try to get on it a few times a day...I love it, and it’s keeping me feeling good.. Have a lovely day Bev, and thanks for being so kind to me, you are one very special lady xxxxx

@Barbrajean What makes you think @woz is not a morning person? Have you seen the time he posts? Mother Nature said I needed to take some action at 01:15 the other morning and @woz was already on the job. Mornings are the best time though. Got a great one here today which I am 100% certain @Angelabikerbabe will be enjoying as well. Out on your bike?

@Bev telling us about her hygiene rituals and Imperial Leather reminded me of another soap from way back. I could not think of its name, but got it - Camay. Is it still around? I always thought it smelt awful and it was advertised by an over made up lady whose name I certainly can’t remember. I have no idea what I shower with, but it does the job. Nor do I know what the deodorant is. But that also does the job. I am not built for any other personal hygiene needs. Here endeth the personal anecdotes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oooooh I do recall Camay yes, Rich. I do. No, deffo didn’t notice that in the supermarket anyway, but do recall my mum buying that in the 70s, definitely. I can picture the advert, and got Nanette Newman in my head but it’s soooooo vague. No idea, but think it may be. 

Hee hee, yes soap and deo are the two key things really. Think since the challenges, as say, just made me bit more aware of making tiny changes. Actually realising the ease too of carrying small bars of soap, so win win on the body. 

And yes, our Barb, mention stuff here as virtual, but in real life no, you wouldn’t know I am 94 hee hee. Just get on quietly with the simple life. Nice simple things, nothing special, just ordinary peep doing simplest of things. Bless you our lovely Barb 😊😊😊

It’s sooooooooooo glorious again, as you say our Rich, bet Dorset gorge Barb, little walks or our balconies and gardens, perfect day 👍☀️😎. Enjoy? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Afternoon peeps. HALF TERM @Barbrajean!! Are you trying to send me over the edge!?? I’m still not recovered from lock downs, hone schooling and the summer holidays :joy:  No particular plans though, the kids spend lots of time with the girls from next door and I will be cracking on with my crafting project hopefully.

It is a much more relaxed day today thank goodness. I do have ironing but frankly, after yesterday, it’s a walk in the park!! The quote of the day was from one of the dad’s “Will she need her phone?” Call me old fashioned but SHE’S 8! WHY DOES SHE NEED A PHONE!!!!!!! I didn’t say that obviously but good grief. It was a proper spanking smart one too and then I was presented with the wifi info card by said child who said they couldn’t get onto my wifi. I’m afraid my response was “you aint getting on my wifi kid.”  Poor Cookie had to be kept in the back room with me and my son because 2 of the girls were terrified of dogs so that was a nightmare, and pretty much the whole time was spent them snitching on each other and arguing! Yes, the hot chocolate was absolutely wonderful lol!!

Kids are off to the cinema today as my neighbour’s daughter is 9 today then I’m going to tea with them too, whoop whoop!!

Have a top day people’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Good morning everyone, I'll put the kettle on in a minute.

Glad the servers are still on here!

It was a blowy night here in the marina at Holyhead. I'm shifting boats this morning to help out a crew who only have 3 on board. She's a huge yacht, so hopefully a nice sized bed. It will be a nice change from the bookshelf I've been using! Keep an eye on 'sailing vessel" Good Hope on Marine Tracker. All our news will still be on the Turn to Starboard website and their Facebook page. I'll be out of phone coverage until Tuesday night so I'll get to find out what happens to Pure Planet then. If the servers do go off at done time today my email address is t*ny dot  m*r@icl*I'd dot com. Substitute the obvious bits in that and I don't mind any of you emailing me on the other side. I'm hopeful they don't go yet, but you just never know. It sucks, it really, really sucks!

@Bev @woz @Angelabikerbabe @Gwyndy @NannyOgg @G4RHL 

@Barbrajean I can tell you loved going on your son's yacht, hope that you get lots of time to go on more trips out from beautiful Poole Harbour, and get to do some more helming. God bless & good luck. If he needs crew, I'd be happy to help out! 

Enjoy the day folks and I'll check back in later tomorrow, I'm bound for St Mary's, Isles of Scilly!

Good morning all! I do love this thread @Barbrajean :blush: