Euro 2020 (in 2021!) football championship - who's going to win?

• Community Manager
  • 7584 replies

The Euro 2020 football championship (delayed for a year thanks to You Know What) kicks off at the end of this week.

I’m looking forward to seeing some exhausted international footballers take part in some tense and emotional matches!

Any inside tips on who will win the thing? Thought it might be fun to have a little poll - and forgive me I’ve not included all the teams….

:soccer::soccer::soccer:

Who will win the Euros 2020?

77 replies

I have no idea about football! But I heard @Bev is pretty good at predicting these things, so I’ll go with her vote… :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have no idea about football! But I heard @Bev is pretty good at predicting these things, so I’ll go with her vote… :wink:

She’s good on the Weatherly too so I’ll go with Guru’s prediction...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

LOL LOL LOL, I’ve only watched ONE match so far of the 🎾believe it or not Nat! 😳None fab my friends can quite believe, but not same without the crowd, plus find sitting for long a bit hard, but did enjoy the late night Federer match Saturday, 

Anyway, like you our Nat, I know nothing of ⚽️, other than that Kloppy guy Marc taught me about 🤣, BUT we can still join in hee 👍😉

Stab in the dark at BELGIUM

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Funny our Strutty 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣☀️☔️😎

I am hovering between France and Germany. I think if I have to vote for one I may swing towards Germany. 

I’d rather not hedge my bets on England, with our track record! 

I am hovering between France and Germany.

That’s a long way around saying ‘Belgium’.

Under Mancini, Italy won all their Euro group J qualifiers, I think they’ve got to stand a decent chance.
I may regret disagreeing with the resident Guru, but my non-existent money’s on gli Azurri.

:laughing:

Under Mancini, Italy won all their Euro group J qualifiers, I think they’ve got to stand a decent chance.
I may regret disagreeing with the resident Guru, but my non-existent money’s on gli Azurri.

And it’ll be classy football too eh @Gwyndy 

I’m thinking whoever predicts the eventual winner may get some Pure Planet endorsed vegan brownies.

(Unless it goes to penalties, obvs :sweat_smile: )

hahahah you got me there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No idea about football, but I always back England 👍⚽️⚽️⚽️

Badge +3

England have their best chance in years. Really talented squad - but young. 

never discount ze Germans though. Of course Belgium, France and Italy all have a decent chance. 

im gonna pick England though in a rare moment of patriotic pride. 

England have their best chance in years. Really talented squad - but young. 
never discount ze Germans though. Of course Belgium, France and Italy all have a decent chance. 
im gonna pick England though in a rare moment of patriotic pride. 

Ooh, like it @Jowl 

It would be pretty cool if England finally won! Could you handle the tension though? You just know they won’t do it the easy way. 

Today’s the big England game against Scotland. Which one is the Olde Enemie? :laughing: Surely a win for England eh @Jowl 

So far Belgium are going well, as predicted by @Bev aka ‘The Guru’.

And the tip from @Gwyndy on Italy looks promising. 

Personally I’m just looking forward to the stage when we get to see penalty shootouts. 

Badge +3

We do not like penalty shootouts lol. Although this England side doesn’t have the fear we’ve had before. 

expecting an England win tonight - although a draw wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world. I keep telling myself it’s just another game we should win. I’ll be nervous and excited and probably quite loud at kick off time though 😀

It just annoys me that there will be nothing decent to watch on the broadcast channels for the next few weeks. Am sure you will gather I don’t watch sport!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Over the years I’ve gone off football due to the obscene finances involved. Don’t get me wrong I look at the results and tables, but can’t stand the day today pundits commentary...like most things and the news everything is OTT broadcasting.

But tonights game along with international cup events adds to the “atmosphere”!

@G4RHL go to you tube and listen to Thursdays spectator TV...quite good, maybe not all would agree, and another view on current perspective thinking. Anyway just a thought. 

Kommt schon ihr Engländer

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Looking forward to the match tonight ⚽️⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Strewth

England so so so…. lacking in determination, too apprehensive as in no instinctive play….Scotland defended well and when on the attack had more space…we are sadly lacking when the real completion takes place…this looks oh so familiar all that passing back and sideways.

Why did he take Foden off, he was the main game player. 
If you don’t take on the opposition then you’re no threat.

Scotland played with absolute conviction - Well done Scotland!
Badge +3

Scotland did what Scotland do. Okay as a team and 100% effort. Still haven’t scored a goal and they don’t have the quality  

England we’re awful. Pedestrian in approach but still had a few chances. That’s one of the worst games I’ve seen under Southgate. 

Bit a draw isn’t the worst result. We’d have all been delighted at 4 points from 2 games and we should still qualify. 

Have to agree @Strutt G @Jowl that was really grim!

Why did he take Foden off, he was the main game player. 

Exactly. He seemed to be only one doing anything. Ah well…. maybe they’re just getting warmed up and they’re saving themselves for the knockout games?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Badge +3

I like Andy Murray. He’s good at trolling 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I like Andy Murray. He’s good at trolling 😀

🤣🤣

What a big start to the week! France the big favourites are OUT!

Kane finally scores! I have to say I was very apprehensive watching  the game last night, and when Saka was taken off I was even more concerned, as he and Sterling seemed to be the only ones who drank their coffee yesterday morning. But what an ending! 

Then onto Sweden vs Ukraine, they all seemed to be dropping like flies in extra time (good for us in prep to play them on Saturday). Then Ukraine pinch it after 122 minutes of football!

So the all important question - is football coming home?!