Do you have a pet, or favourite animal? ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿข๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿพ

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 8984 replies
As a nation of animal lovers, I was wondering if PP members owned a pet, or had a favourite animal?

i have to say, Iโ€™m a doggy person. Grew up with dogs thru childhood, but donโ€™t have any pets now due to work commitments, it wouldnโ€™t be fair, but my parents have a cross terrier who I spoil to bits when visit!

I truly love all animals and wildlife tho; only yesterday I saved a zombie wasp from death with a saucer of sugar and water, and watched it come back to life in minutes!

They say never work with children or animals. I know for certain, in my next life, my absolute dream job would be working with any animal, but especially dogs.

18 replies

Hi Bev, good question and it'll be interested to hear what others say.

We have a springer spaniel which is utterly spoilt. The kids claim she gets away with more than they ever did, and to be honest they're right!

I've brought her into the office a couple of times which is fabulous, but to be honest she is a bit timid and nervous, especially around the lively bunch I work with.
Userlevel 2
Polar bears
huskies too. I have to come down on the side of dogs in the big dogs v cats debate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
ARJR;6767:
Hi Bev, good question and it'll be interested to hear what others say.

We have a springer spaniel which is utterly spoilt. The kids claim she gets away with more than they ever did, and to be honest they're right!

I've brought her into the office a couple of times which is fabulous, but to be honest she is a bit timid and nervous, especially around the lively bunch I work with.

Our first dog was a Springer, ARJR, when I was one! Adorable breed ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•, sadly he went to doggy heaven aged 14.

I love it that yours is utterly spoilt ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘, and how fab you took her to the office ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. That would certainly make going to work soooo much more fun! ๐Ÿ‘

- - - Updated - - -

eskimo;6769:
Polar bears
huskies too. I have to come down on the side of dogs in the big dogs v cats debate.

Huskies are adorable, Eskimo (like your avatar ๐Ÿ‘โ„๏ธ), and funny enough I see one daily on my way to work, as itโ€™s out in the front garden every early morning. Itโ€™s beyond friendly ๐Ÿ’•and sooo funny cos it gently puts a paw on top of the terriers head (the other dog it lives with) ๐Ÿ˜‚, if I so much as go anywhere near the terrier! Gets really jealous but is so so placid ๐Ÿ’•
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Zombie Wasp...that that to be in the title of the next big horror film.
We have a zombie cat! In fact I'm going for a first here, the first cat photo posted on PP

(I'd love to get another dog but the zombie cat would see it off!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Zombie anything dont sound good. As for the pet front myself i got a black Labrador. However part of the daily workload involves looking after the bosses collection.
2 alpaca
3 sheep
16 chickens
1 disabled duck
And now to top it off he who signs the cheque has decided to get bees. I love my job.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Lovely question @Bev! I'm also a dog person, but a have a soft spot for cats too. I've got to say my absolute favourite animals are turtles.

When lifestyle and work allows, I'd love to have an adventure dog - one that goes up mountains with me! Unfortunately a little impractical at the moment though.
@Jon1 it sounds like a dream job! Hope you get some of the honey. 🙂
woz;6779:
We have a zombie cat! In fact I'm going for a first here, the first cat photo posted on PP

Congrats @woz on being the first to post a cat photo in the community! A worthy accolade ๐Ÿ†
I see your zombie cat, and I raise you Wookiee Cat

Are they looking at the same thing, I wonder? ๐Ÿค”
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
woz;6779:

Gorgeous cat Woz! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ’•

- - - Updated - - -

Jon1;6785:
Zombie anything dont sound good. As for the pet front myself i got a black Labrador. However part of the daily workload involves looking after the bosses collection.
2 alpaca
3 sheep
16 chickens
1 disabled duck
And now to top it off he who signs the cheque has decided to get bees. I love my job.

Absolutely adore Alpacaโ€™s Jon. When visit parents, thereโ€™s about 7 or 8 in a nearby care home, they come right up to the fence to greet me when walking the dog. Gorgeous animal.

Ah so sad re the disabled ๐Ÿฆ†but how sweet that you and the boss give it a happy life.

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿare fab, youโ€™ll soon be wearing all the protection and be fascinated by them, Iโ€™m sure!

- - - Updated - - -

LauraS;6793:
Lovely question @Bev! I'm also a dog person, but a have a soft spot for cats too. I've got to say my absolute favourite animals are turtles.

When lifestyle and work allows, I'd love to have an adventure dog - one that goes up mountains with me! Unfortunately a little impractical at the moment though.
@Jon1 it sounds like a dream job! Hope you get some of the honey. :)

Turtles๐Ÿ™€! Unusual choice Laura ๐Ÿ‘, but sweet little things indeed!

Yeah whatโ€™s sad is whilst we have the energy to do all these things, weโ€™re committed to work, and it wouldnโ€™t be practical nor fair. When weโ€™re old and retired, and pets would fit in with our lives, we may not have that energy (not that Iโ€™d have the energy for climbing mountains at ANY age, mind ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜‚! Iโ€™m impressed!

Thatโ€™s just reminded me actually of a book Iโ€™ve not long finished, Laura. โ€œGobiโ€ OMG such a fantastic read! Heartwarming ๐Ÿ’• beyond words!

Thanks Laura

- - - Updated - - -

Marc;6799:
Congrats @woz on being the first to post a cat photo in the community! A worthy accolade ๐Ÿ†
I see your zombie cat, and I raise you Wookiee Cat

Are they looking at the same thing, I wonder? ๐Ÿค”

Equally adorable cat, Marc, soooooooo cute ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ. The innocence of animals makes them all the more endearing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
irresistable...
I Spy birds...

- - - Updated - - -

LauraS;6793:

@Jon1 it sounds like a dream job! Hope you get some of the honey. :)

I always thought they were small until we went to wildlife centre on hols...amazing creatures I agree
That's so odd @woz
Until a few weeks ago I had zero photos of turtles. Now I've got several

So here it is. Black and white photo but the variety is the 'Green Turtle' on a beach with black sand (caused by lava)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Calling new members! Donโ€™t be shy โ˜บ๏ธ. Feel free to join in the forums. You could start here with telling us about your pets or favourite animals. Go on, donโ€™t be bashful ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.
Userlevel 5
My lively reet petite sweet little girl is my Knitting cat, Judy. I knitted her a cathat, the photo is on my FB page. Can't do pix here.

I have always had pet cats, two beautiful Colourpoint Persian cats. First one was called Mistyblue Chia a blue Colourpoint cat n a proper fussy Miss madam. She missed my Dad so much. She liked to run n play but a bit aloof.

Not my.little boy Chico. He was a Seal Colourpoint Persian a well cared for special catson. I combed him every day, he ate the best food, loved salmon n fresh tuns, but not white fish. Then one day he brought his new cat wife strolling up the path to house. He looked at me so sweetly, I think he just got married, anyway Mrs Sally came to live with me Mam n me. They did everything together, ate, played tog, raced and chased each other up the street n upstairs to the attic n back down again, even slept on my bed with their arms wrapped around each other. We had a garden bench the happy couple sat on it twitching their whiskers n ears having a goid chat. Chico was quite a big lad, stocky with a sweet.wide head and lovely silky fur, he had Siamese markings hus underbelly was curly, I brushed his teeth every day n night, he had the best Vet cate.

I was really cut up when my little boy passed on, I grieved for Chico like a son, Mrs Sally comforted me by rubbing her head on my face.

I missed him so bad. He used to wake me up by walking up my legs on the bed then sit on my head, he sat next to my ear on the pillow n purr loudly. Then he stroked my face with his whiskers to wake me up. Mrs Sally would jump on my belly.

I buried their ashes under the Honeysuckle bush their fave spot for snoozing t in the sunny garden.

Judy came to live with me on 1 April 10 yrs ago, soon after Sal wemt. Judy is a rescue cat, vety clever. She used to tap letters out of the letterbox or tap it to be let in every night.

When I moved to our new home, she could not go out cos that big tom cat had a fight with her.

So now I open the window n she climbs out on the windowsill. When she wants some treats, she gives me her paw n lets me kiss her head. She loves to play chase with her tape measure, loves to play with her mouse n lamb toys. Best of all she loves running thru the flat, so much energy, not bad for 10. Judy likes visitors, greets them at the door likes a tickle on her eats.

There is big bear of a dog in one of the flats, he's a huge English sheepddog. Jake he comes bounding into the Lounge on his lead, licks me to death then gives me his paw. I'm quite fond of Jake he's just after the treats. Haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I love cats, lovely story, it's heartbreaking when they pass on.
If you want some help posting photos just ask I'll see if I can guide you through how to do it.
w
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Beautiful tales Knitty, heartwarming โค๏ธ, loved reading that ๐Ÿ†™
Hi Folks,

Not sure whether this is the place to post it, but as I shared some photos of my cats when I joined. I thought I should pass on a sad update.

Gemini, the 'fluffy' one, had to be put down this afternoon, she was 2 years and 8 months old. She was getting worryingly thin over Christmas, which initially we put down to her probably having yet another furball. When we finally found her today, she was in a right state, so we rushed her straight to the vets.

Vet's diagnoses was complete liver failure, he didn't carry out blood tests, but wondered whether she may have ingested something toxic to cats.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Mark

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Gwyndy;28038:

โ€‹Anyway, we have three cats: We have Bluebell, and Gemini, they are brother and sister, and will be 2 years old tomorrow This is Bluebell.

This is his sister Gemini.

This is Aristotle, we call him 'Arry, as the local kids could not say 'Aristotle. He is approximately 18 years old, we don't know for sure, as we took him in when his second 'servant' was moving home.
His favourite 'spot' is in front of my computer monitor, which is part of my I rarely use my PC now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
How sad. My sympathies Mark. I hope the rest of 2020 gets better for you and the other family cat servants.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Soooooo sad to hear, our Gwyndy, and so so young too ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ. So many foods toxic to pets which we often donโ€™t know about. Feel your raw sadness right now Gwyndy, truly do, but in time youโ€™ll hopefully be able to look back and remember all the happy fun times spent with little Gemini ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’• x
Hi Mark @Gwyndy

Really truly sorry to hear this, it's such a heartbreaking time when you lose a pet, sending you and Kate my condolences.

Nice words from @Bev That hopefully with time you can look back on the fond memories โค