Cauliflower shortage due to extreme weather

• 14 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Who's caught the recent reports of a cauliflower shortage due to extreme weather?

Heavy rain destroyed crops in the UK while the heatwave last month affected cauliflower being grown in Europe :eek:

Looks like cauliflower is off the menu (for now)!

Apparently the next to go will be cabbage, broccoli and sprouts, though maybe people won't miss those so much :rolleyes:

What will we have with our roasts instead?!

But really, is this a sign of climate change's potential impact?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Well there I was content in the knowledge that I would be able to have my weekly cauli (never gave it a thought to be honest), now I'm going out panic buying!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I really do adore veg, I really crave it if don’t have it daily, no lie! Love it sooooo much! Cauli is actually one of my faves!
Bev;35391:
I really do adore veg, I really crave it if don’t have it daily, no lie! Love it sooooo much! Cauli is actually one of my faves!

I took a cabbage for a walk once, I thought it was a cauli.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👍, that appealed to my stupid sense of humour! I seriously LOL 😂😂😂😂
Badge
Alternate veg for roasts? Bung courgettes, peppers, red onions, garlic cloves etc in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crack over some salt and roast away. Gorgeous!!
Jenam93;35402:
Alternate veg for roasts? Bung courgettes, peppers, red onions, garlic cloves etc in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crack over some salt and roast away. Gorgeous!!

That sounds perfect for a nice autumn evening!

Oh wait, it's still August? Wouldn't have known from the weather:rolleyes: