Can you feel anything when I press here...

• 2 November 2018
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11263 replies
What is suppose to happen when I press the button shown by the arrow? All I get is the circled banner but no link to anywhere. Is that right?

22 replies

It's to view your dismissed notifications and announcements.
Or am i being daft?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
yes, (not yes that you're being daft, just yes), that's what it says...
but there is no working link on the banner and nothing changes, so what does it do or is it just not working on my pc?
Or is it supposed to do nothing other than bring up the banner?
I have a Mac and it's doing the same for me, @woz.
Userlevel 6
@woz, I get the same message as you above. No idea whats its for though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
oh well we're all stupid then so that's OK...:rolleyes:
Userlevel 6
Are "we" LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yeah, well we’re all polite, considerate posters, so it remains blank. If we were to post a thread that contained expletives say, or was racist, or whatever else, Marc or a member of PP staff, would intervene and remove the post. This is where we would be notified of that.

I THINK that’s what it’s for, anyway! 🤷*♀️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I cant even find it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
😂😂😂😂

- - - Updated - - -

It’s the exclamation mark ❗️, top right Jon, next to your envelope for messages
Userlevel 6
Interesting logic @Bev, will have to see if your right 🆙
@Jon1 the image from woz has a red arrow pointing to the icon, its the big(ish) white one LOL. Must admit though, I missed it at first too 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Did someone mention Red Arrows?! 🙀🙀🙀

Got excited then for a second Gil 😂😂😂✈️
Userlevel 6
Just spotted, starring me right in the eyes, why you would be interested in Red Arrows @Bev. There must be a new topic in that one? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Unlike you Gil, I’m unable to post links, they just don’t work for me via iPad, although thrilled photos now do, BUT somewhere you’ll find my SPOTLIGHT thingy, and that’ll tell you about my Red Arrows love, but yes adore them.

In fact, talking of Spotlight, I’d like to nominate you Gil for next month. Interested??? 🤷*♀️
Userlevel 6
Hi Bev, just read your spotlight, really interesting to find out a bit more about the people here. You and my wife would have got on really well during the two Royal Weddings this year, especially with the Prince Harry & Meghan one. But lets not go there 🙂. The Red Arrows are always breath taking to watch, I can see why you get attracted to them :)

Compared to what I have just read on yours, @woz & @Jon1 I'm quite the apprentice and not in the same league! You may be disappointed in one for me 😕

And now I've upset people by not mentioning them above, its time to press post and move on...........
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Not at all, we’d love to hear more about you Gil 👏👏👏👏. You’re a big part of this community already 👍
Userlevel 6
@Bev, LOL, it took me ages to realise that when you and others started quoting "gil" you were referring to me!!! Took me ages to realise, what am I like!!! 😕

BTW, thank you for your kind words.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Who are you calling polite????
Bev;15522:
Yeah, well we’re all polite, considerate posters, .....

- - - Updated - - -

haha I've called you lots of things, gil, d, dgilbert, dgilbert2..I blame Bev, she started it...although I thought gil sounded nice and friendly...
dgilbert2;15553:
@Bev, LOL, it took me ages to realise that when you and others started quoting "gil" you were referring to me!!! Took me ages to realise, what am I like!!! 😕

BTW, thank you for your kind words.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Exactly Woz 👍, and less formal, more welcoming. Indeed 👍
Userlevel 6
LOL, let me know when you have chosen my name, or is that agreed now? 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
It’s agreed, you’re well and truly “Gil” for always on here now 👍👍👍👍!
Userlevel 6
I'm glad that's sorted out now LOL ❤️
woz;15451:
What is suppose to happen when I press the button shown by the arrow? All I get is the circled banner but no link to anywhere. Is that right?

@woz just to let you know I reported this with our tech team
Weirdly it's a tool to show any banners that we've used and you've dismissed.
You know those really annoying pop-up banners you see on some websites? If we had one of these (which I have used once, when the community rewards were launched in June) and you dismiss it, then tapping/clicking on this exclamation icon in the top navigation shows it to you.

It's not doing anything right now because there are no banners.

So, yes, it's a bit odd.

(BTW moving this thread to Off Topic :p)