Best Easter egg ever - vote in our community poll

• Community Manager
  • 6864 replies

Easter used to be a big treat when I was a kid as it seemed to be one of the few times of the year we were allowed to eat a lot of chocolate.

These days what with my ever-expanding tummy and less than vigorous set of teeth I’m not supposed to indulge.

But I can dream, I suppose! 

Smarties egg, a classic. But is it the best?

If you could pick one, which would you choose? What’s your favourite Easter egg, now or from your childhood?

Did I miss any from the poll? Add them in the replies! And if anyone can explain to me the mystery of why some eggs come with a mug …. Please do. :laughing:

Your fav Easter egg

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Any easter egg is a good easter egg 🥚👍!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Baileys our Marc, and think that sometimes comes with a glass, and of course the fab advert with the Baileys egg and straw 👍. Decadent but yummy! 

My choice was the Cadbury Creme egg. Nice and little but immense sweetness, stickiness, and gorgeousness 💕💕💕. Very very rare treat but do allow myself one or three a year 🤣

Funny re childhood memories. We used to line em all up in the lounge, and I remember it being a HUGE thing back in the late seventies, eighties indeed 🙀🙀🙀. Your friends came knocking, and first thing they’d excitedly ask was “How many eggs did ya get?! How many? How many?!” Vividly remember it! I remember them lasting sooooooo long! 🙀Just such a big occasion, you just got soooo many! Lovely looking back tho 💕.

Very different now of course, as choc not seen as such a nice treat to children, it’s more for the adults nowadays, altho the children adore the fun of the egg hunts and parties. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As a kid I guess I would of ate the lot, but now it has to be Dark Chocolate, but theres a Milk Chocolate game changer (in my opinion) because Waitrose No1 Milk chocolate has a 49% cocoa content so its rich with a good balance. In egg format too, but sold out online but the bars are cheaper. If I could of got one I would of filled it up with Chocolate Peanuts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I'm afraid after a diagnosis of diabetes ( only type 2 ) I've given all chocolate a swerve, I don't even eat choc  biscuits ( or any biscuits for that matter ), I can't say I really miss it/them.

And @Marc , a less than vigorous set of teeth?, you're only a youngun, you should have a full set of gnashers

@Bev , I agree with the children remark, they eat far too much of the stuff, I'm giving the grandchildren money instead, much better appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And fully relate Duppy, as Type 1, so choc in any form, a very rare thing. I never ever crave it, your grandchildren will much prefer the money 👍👍👍

Agree re Marc’s young gnashers 😬😁😁😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As a kid I guess I would of ate the lot, but now it has to be Dark Chocolate, but theres a Milk Chocolate game changer (in my opinion) because Waitrose No1 Milk chocolate has a 49% cocoa content so its rich with a good balance. In egg format too, but sold out online but the bars are cheaper. If I could of got one I would of filled it up with Chocolate Peanuts.

You see, our Strutty, dark choc, no matter how tiny, ALWAYS gives me instant headache 🤕. I did try, but not any more. Not for me, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You see, our Strutty, dark choc, no matter how tiny, ALWAYS gives me instant headache 🤕. I did try, but not any more. Not for me, 

Ah thats a shame Bev as its something I’ve grown into over time.

As I type I’ve just brewed up a fresh bean coffee, dark with no sugar with a square of dark chocolate. Its more than a treat its a ritual. Try that 49% milk chocolate, if you don’t like it I’ll refund yer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is a shame our Strutty, as know it’s a much healthier option and some actual good health benefits too👍. 

Hee hee re the refund. If it’s sold out, that speaks volumes 👍👍👍👍

Just to add, I posted my parents doggy an Easter cuddly sheep toy, she soooo loves it 🤣💕🐑🐾

I never really got given Easter eggs when growing up, BUT I adore mini eggs! Would eat them all year round, happily. They’re so good. 

We bought some in our weekly food shop yesterday… being very restrained and not opening them YET. :grinning:

Never been a fan of creme eggs though @Bev! I love sweet things but somehow could never get into them. 

Now where did I hide those mini eggs again...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oooooh, Now I’m NOT a sweet tooth Nat, but I can never resist a creme egg at Easter!  And why are they ALWAYS by the tills in supermarkets! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ooooh lot of willpower needed if you’re saving your mini’s til Easter 😁

I adore mini eggs! Would eat them all year round, happily. They’re so good. 

I can confirm….. :laughing:

And @Marc , a less than vigorous set of teeth?, you're only a youngun, you should have a full set of gnashers

It’s not the age @Duppy it’s the mileage. Unfortunately :laughing:

Oooooh, Now I’m NOT a sweet tooth Nat, but I can never resist a creme egg at Easter!  And why are they ALWAYS by the tills in supermarkets! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ooooh lot of willpower needed if you’re saving your mini’s til Easter 😁

Aaah, that’s how they get ya @Bev! I always end up buying chewing gum, even though I know perfectly well I already have some. Chocolate is even harder to resist. 

I reckon we’ll make it until Thursday, which is almost the weekend right?! So, it counts… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What’s also nice to see, is most of the large supermarkets, alongside the usual food bank collection crates in store, are also doing a separate crate purely for Easter Eggs or toys or sweets etc, to be donated to children in need locally 👍💕👍👏

I only really like dark chocolate, so Black Magic Egg for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I only really like dark chocolate, so Black Magic Egg for me.

Feel yer pain G

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Lindt every time 🐣🐣🐣