BBC Moneybox Interview with Anthony Pygram of Ofgem about scrapping the notice for price increases

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 7988 replies
BBC Moneybox HERE (or HERE) has an interview with Anthony Pygram, director of conduct and enforcement at Ofgem, about the scrapping of the 30 day notice rule for price increases. (PP have derrogation to 14 days notice but presumably this will also apply to PP). Article starts at about 9min 45sec in and interview at 11m 50s. I can't find info on the Ofgem website, if anyone has a link?
It's worth listening to the article.
Ofgem and the Energy Ombudsman need to have a conversation before this is implemented.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just re confirmed how backward Ofgem's thinkings has been on providing energy licences.
How slow the industry has been by not intervening when its clear as mud that a company was not acting in a bonafide way.
I was listening live but missed some and will listen again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I agree, I'm not sure Mr. Pygram will be flavour of the month after that interview...
I'm unclear whether it's a proposal or a change, hence wanting to see a release from Ofgem.
Strutt G;28704:
Just re confirmed how backward Ofgem's thinkings has been on providing energy licences.
How slow the industry has been by not intervening when its clear as mud that a company was not acting in a bonafide way.
I was listening live but missed some and will listen again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Certainly no flavour, lacked confidence and the new proposed principles that suppliers could adopt sounds like a dumb idea.

I think that PP's terms in regard to using the word members rate as in tariff and other as in the membership fee needs to be re thought.
I get the thinking behind it as in we are all members... but it does feel like another connotation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Is there a non-members' rate?:rolleyes:
Strutt G;28706:
Certainly no flavour, lacked confidence and the new proposed principles that suppliers could adopt sounds like a dumb idea.

I think that PP's terms in regard to using the word members rate as in tariff and other as in the membership fee needs to be re thought.
I get the thinking behind it as in we are all members... but it does feel like another connotation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Based on your split MF perhaps you have the added bonus of being both at the same time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha, I can only mention Groucho here...you know the quote...
Strutt G;28711:
Based on your split MF perhaps you have the added bonus of being both at the same time.