Baking - the Community cake zone!

Has The Great British Bake Off, Nadiya or Mary Berry’s recent popularity all over the TV inspired anyone else to get baking? :smiley:

Judging from the flour shortages earlier in the year, baking’s also proven to be quite a popular lockdown activity! I’ve always loved to bake, and have found it’s a great way to pass the time recently...

So, here it is. The Community cake zone (or bread, or biscuits, or whatever takes your fancy!). A place where we can share our baking successes (and failures...), tips and tricks :sunglasses:

Cooking more your thing? We also have a fantastic cooking and recipe sharing thread started by @Bev over here.:thumbsup:

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great thread Nat 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏. Love to watch both Mary Berry and Nadiya series in the week. As you say, COVID has certainly given people the opportunity and desire to get into baking, and that’s a great thing 👏

Badge

Nat, this is cruel..... your picture is tooooo tempting.... I've headed straight to the biscuits. 

Love the new Bake Off 😋   

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not cake baking, but over the summer months made 3 pavlova’s classic, choc and classic with rosewater. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I enjoy making a simple Cayenne bread, I’ll post recipe and pic here next time I do it 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thought Extra Slice was really good last night, with Rowan 👏👍

Not cake baking, but over the summer months made 3 pavlova’s classic, choc and classic with rosewater. 

Pavlova definitely counts within the baking realm :grin:  the rosewater one sounds really interesting, did it have a topping too? 

My pavlova always ends up having to become an Eton Mess instead :joy:

I always try to focus on seasonal ingredients - so this weekend I made a brioche bread and butter pudding for the family, topped with figs which are super in season at the mo!

It was definitely ideal as the nights get colder :ok_hand:

maple glazed brioche bread and butter pud, with cinnamon and figs

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Looks splendid Nat 🙀👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍

Aren't figgys a tad laxy 💩💩💩💩🚽?

Badge

Wow 👀 Looks amazing Nat 😋

Looks splendid Nat 🙀👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍

Aren't figgys a tad laxy 💩💩💩💩🚽?

:joy:  not that I was aware of @Bev! Maybe dried figs? 

Thanks @LUCKY JO!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah bread and butter pudding is a winner….warm and then cold if theres any left.

Not cake, but had a mental block on making pavlova and so made 3 over the summer. Trad, choc and rose and thangs. Went to Folkestone for a long weekend and found this coffee shop with PROPER cake.

Christmas cake now being considered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Double dose of Nadiya tonight 👏👍👍👍👍, really enjoyed it! Really liked the look of her vegan Turmeric and ginger diamonds 🙀👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Badge

Florentines please 😋😋😋😋

I love Nadia but hot cross buns should not be filled with jam !!😱😱

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Nataly and @Bev Any figs are  to some extent a laxative, dried or not, hence syrup of figs. That B&B pud looks nice, I’m getting hungry now!