Are you a curtain twitcher? (Revised)

• 15 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 4308 replies

POLLY : With this new “Rule Of six” now in place, as the daily number of +ve COVID tests rise, would you shop your neighbours to the police, as the government encourages us to do so?

Are you on Neighbourhood watch 🤣🤣🤣, and ready to shop your neighbours if they break the “Rule of 6”?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I hope voting is confidential @Bev!

Stasi

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I thought it was the rule of sex but I must have misunderstood.

Interesting poll @Bev :smiley:

I think it’d change depending on each situation - if someone was having a party with 100+ people I’d react very differently to if a family of 7 was meeting up for a BBQ! 

I do know the new rules have impacted weddings, for example, as technically you’re allowed 30 people, but can’t have a group photo as you’d have to all stand in groups of 6… so venues are now postponing the events because the numbers are so conflicting! Tricky! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Top tip dont live close enough to anyone for them to be classed as neighbours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If only, Mave, my dream white cottage away from everyone except animals 💕💕💕😂😂😂😂😂

Just kill off someone each time you meet, you can have 30 friends at funerals… 😈

Userlevel 4

my neighbours are like 50ft away from my boundary lines, but would I shop them? 

Nope  because if I need to borrow a cup of sugar, or can you please watch the kids while I nip to ASDA, thats not likely gonna happen in the future for me.

If I didnt like them, that would be a whole different kettle of fish  

My parents always used the phrase " you dont poop on your own doorstep" and I think the gov asking this of people will cause no end of hardships on people 

Are you on Neighbourhood watch 🤣🤣🤣, and ready to shop your neighbours if they break the “Rule of 6”?

The view out of my window’s a washing line, an oil tank, and a line of trees - my neighbours are safe, not much point reporting the cows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Cows don’t have a rule of six, they have an udder rule instead...

Groan. 6 teats are not unheard of...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Interesting poll @Bev :smiley:

I think it’d change depending on each situation - if someone was having a party with 100+ people I’d react very differently to if a family of 7 was meeting up for a BBQ! 

I do know the new rules have impacted weddings, for example, as technically you’re allowed 30 people, but can’t have a group photo as you’d have to all stand in groups of 6… so venues are now postponing the events because the numbers are so conflicting! Tricky! 

I am with Nataly on this one - I would way up the pros & cons and then decide. 

My parents always used the phrase " you dont poop on your own doorstep" and I think the gov asking this of people will cause no end of hardships on people 

Yes @Mightymidget I heard that phrase years ago too!

Isn’t it a matter of duty that we all do what we can to stop the spread? Shopping a neighbour could save a life?

(I know there’s no easy yes or no. I do find it a really interesting and difficult debate. Great thread and poll @Bev )

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think now it’s reached this critical level, and after hearing Whitty and Vallance speak this morning 👍👍👏👏, it’s all about doing absolutely everything now to save lives, and essentially working as one whole. So yes, the selfish non abiders, need shopping 👍😡