Apple event - new watches, iPads, prob not phones though

• 14 September 2020
  • 21 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6192 replies

Anyone going to be checking out the Apple event tomorrow?

The rumours are new watches (including a cheaper version) and new iPads.

Not sure what else, except what about new iPhones? Some of us (:wink: ) are in the market for a new phone.

Anyone care to make predictions? 

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can’t believe it’s almost exactly a year since I got my iphone 11, and I sooooooooo love it! Just settling into it now, took a while, but really truly adore it.

My iPad is ancient but still ultra gorgeous, love it sooooo much. It’s full to the brim so not even the latest iOS but it’s fab.

Unless COVID is playing a part, I can’t see 🍏not releasing a brand new iphone but who knows 🤷‍♀️. Absolutely ANYTHINGS possible this year! Crazy times. 

I can’t see 🍏not releasing a brand new iphone but who knows 🤷‍♀️. Absolutely ANYTHINGS possible this year! Crazy times. 

Very true @Bev 

The Apple Toilet - made from brushed aluminium and glass, and unashamedly expensive

:laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Imagine christening that beauty tho! Mmmmmmm 😂😂😂😂💩💩💩Moving on....

So the big news I’m seeing so far seems to be the new, cheaper, Apple Watch! (and no iPhone, yet.) 

And then, in the more expensive Watch version, a blood oxygen sensor… that’s some pretty advanced stuff :astonished:

I wonder who’ll be tempted by either of the above? :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The watch sounds FANTASTIC Nat, with the medical stuff, but not tempted. 

The iphone 12 delayed til October at earliest. 

I think that advanced ⌚️will be a big seller 👍👍👍👍

Disappointed there was no iLoo :grin:

Where’s the innovation?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂   🙄🙄🙄   😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Some quite interesting news that I missed at first.

The latest Apple Watch comes without a wall plug. The company says it’s to cut down on waste - probably a good move, isn’t it? I know I’ve got a few of these in various drawers. 

The rumour is that the upcoming new iPhones won’t have plugs in the boxes, either.

A good idea? 

But if you choose the Hermes version (as I imagine you will @Marc) you do get one! So their claim it is to reduce waste is somewhat suspect. 

Nevertheless a reasonable move.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

For those of you who have updated to Watch IOS 7.0 and are experiencing battery draining problems I found a solution is to power down your iPhone. Wait until it is right off. Power  down your Watch. Wait about 5 minutes or more.  Then switch on the iPhone and wait until it is fully loaded. Then switch on the Watch.

Some have found that unpairing and then pairing again cures the problem but it did not work for me. 

Apple should of course warn us about this but they don’t. I understand the problem is that whilst the software has been updated and you think it is finished, it is still going on in the background sorting itself out and draining the battery. My watch went dead each of the first two days after updating by late afternoon. Normally it never does. I suspect this may happen in other devices but it is not as noticeable.

Don’t panic thinking there is a bug in the update and your Watch is stuffed. It isn’t. Just give it time. That old trick of exiting switching off and starting up again seems to work. Whilst I don’t think Apple can do much about this with big updates, they should warn us. Or perhaps engineer it so that it all happens when the Watch is on its charger.

But if you choose the Hermes version (as I imagine you will @Marc) you do get one! So their claim it is to reduce waste is somewhat suspect. 

Nevertheless a reasonable move.

Hahaha @25 quid Hermes version? I think not! The ‘plain’ ones are pricey enough. 

For those of you who have updated to Watch IOS 7.0 and are experiencing battery draining problems I found a solution is to power down your iPhone. Wait until it is right off. Power  down your Watch. Wait about 5 minutes or more.  Then switch on the iPhone and wait until it is fully loaded. Then switch on the Watch.

Some have found that unpairing and then pairing again cures the problem but it did not work for me. 

Apple should of course warn us about this but they don’t. I understand the problem is that whilst the software has been updated and you think it is finished, it is still going on in the background sorting itself out and draining the battery. My watch went dead each of the first two days after updating by late afternoon. Normally it never does. I suspect this may happen in other devices but it is not as noticeable.

Don’t panic thinking there is a bug in the update and your Watch is stuffed. It isn’t. Just give it time. That old trick of exiting switching off and starting up again seems to work. Whilst I don’t think Apple can do much about this with big updates, they should warn us. Or perhaps engineer it so that it all happens when the Watch is on its charger.

Thanks for the heads-up @G4RHL 

Have you updated your phone to iOS14 yet? A wonderful world of widgets….. :relaxed:

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for the heads-up @G4RHL 

Have you updated your phone to iOS14 yet? A wonderful world of widgets….. :relaxed:

Yup. Updated but not learned it all. Also the iPad. I need to experiment with the handwriting aspect. I have also indulged and ordered a new iWatch 6! Perhaps the PP app could work on the iWatch. We talk to it to give our meter readings!

have also indulged and ordered a new iWatch 6! Perhaps the PP app could work on the iWatch. We talk to it to give our meter readings!

Gold case, pink strap, 44mm?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Blue, blue braided strap. 44mm

Blue, blue braided strap. 44mm

Nice @G4RHL 

I’ve really pushed the boat out this time. Space grey, black sports band, 40mm. 

Oww, small wrists. You know what they say, small face?

@G4RHL, my watch update went smoothly, so no glitches for me. I think the updates do wait for the watch to be on a charger before starting.

By the way, pink is the new black!

💤

It’s not a wind-up

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Less hair our 25 notes 🙀👍👏👏👏😂, bless you winding down 

I think I just styled it differently!

💇‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Ya’ll and thanks to Bev for the nudge….

Non of the above, not letting a watch run tings...

But decided to repair the broken hinge on my mac pro (early 2011).

Ended up having to take it into the dude to sort out as the system resource was high for no apparent reason. It was all add hoc and running ok then not and took 3 visits.

Turned out to be a damaged or corrosion to the camera connection which was causing problems, so it was choice between no camera or a complete new screen. So no camera it was. Its working great now.

Time for a new laptop in the new year as the software for this generation will ceases in November and the battery will not hold up in the near future. Mac pro v Mac air. Plus will get another years apple TV sub.

Peace 

Time for a new laptop in the new year as the software for this generation will ceases in November and the battery will not hold up in the near future. Mac pro v Mac air. Plus will get another years apple TV sub.

Good to see you @Strutt G and yes I think you should def spoil yourself. Apple are going  to be revealing their own ‘Apple silicon’ hardware soon. I don’t really know what that means, except it’ll be new and improved!