Anyone missing the moons in the app?

The new app is so much smoother and more professional. Aside from rating it in your App Store, there is probably a more important thing to discuss. What about the moons??

How do you feel about the missing moons?

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Too soon for me to vote yet, as only seen the homepage once so far, BUT what I will say, and what was instantly noticeable, and a very very slight issue, was finding the community. 

So, before,  we’d instantly click the Community moon 🌜as soon as opened the app. As say, I’ve only done it once, but think it took four or more clicks before I found Community. I think it’ll be just me, and it’s probably simpler than that, but I shall see, then vote 🗳👍

Oh yeah, hadn’t looked for that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah, so it’s a click on the head symbol in top right, then a lot of scrolling down, tad tedious, then a click on Community. 

So, for that reason, yes I miss the moonies a teeny bit 🙃

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I've never used the community moon, I just have a shortcut on my home screen and also saved in the browser favourites

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Such a teeny weeny thing, but I tell you what I did used to like, the warmth of “Beverley’s Planet” when opening the app. Now it’s a nice “Hi Beverley” yes, but did love the feel before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

When you think of the radical change we had when the new platty was installed 😳😳😳😳😳😳, this new app seems minor, but in essence it’s actually quite a bit different. I really embraced the new platty if you recall, but now everyone likes it, except the notification thingy gone. I think we’ll soon rapidly adjust to this new appy 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve stuck some moons on my iPAD Screen so its a win win - you should too

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Never used the moons really , so don't miss them 

Couldn’t resist………...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

TBH I liked the moons and referring back to my instant joining thoughts…….

Thought moons (apart from being a quick functionality) was a cool fun feature, the 3 lines are too cool for school and should just say Account Menu or Contents.

I always though the moons were unnecessary, a bit meaningless. All that is needed is a simple menu to take you where you want to be. I now need to apply to University to get a degree in operating the Pure Planet app. Am only a simple fellow with a simple mind.

I miss the moons, but I think it’s more than that, what I actually miss is the ability to find what I most needed to find in one or two clicks.

I feel almost as if Pure Planet needs to base the App around using WattBot now, because at least it knows how to find things.

“To submit a meter reading, tap 'Send a meter reading' in your account menu.

I'll guide you through the steps - it'll only take a minute.”

Thank goodness it links to it, because if you select the ‘Account’ at the bottom, that doesn’t take you to the right menu, because it’s actually under ‘Tarrif and Meter’ not ‘Account’ 

Usability lost. Now more complex, particularly for new members. KISS forgotten 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sending metre readings without faff is an absolute requirement, a little surprised that was lost on developers considering functions should be about making it as easy as possible for new members. Its only a couple of clicks away, but it should just be there ready to go - its probably the most used button until smarty meters sing sweetly for all.

Its all about new members and peeps who don’t look that often. Does it really matter to me then no. But I’m not singing the song moon free, or is that another song.

Obviously theres more options which is brilliant; and to move on you have to move on and tweak as you go. Perhaps I’m etc being OTT.

@Strutt G You are definitely not OTT. I think what has been forgotten is the app is no more than a basic tool to submit readings, check usage, check tariff and get some guidance if you are stuck. Instead the very aspects a user wants to use are hidden away. That is not good customer relations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Who's a gluten for the meter reading button

Six versus three definitely

Where does this stand from the rest of the band

Please PP it would be handy

Cos the meter reading moon was fine and dandy

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I do miss te moons but I also quite like the new app changes so far but then I didn’t tend to use it a great deal before hand, I use mainly the desktop.

What I do really like is being able to track my monthly usage a lot more easily, unless it was really easy before hand and I just never noticed.

Don’t forget, like the magic moon, a magic meter reading button appears top and centre when it’s that time of the month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Can’t say that ever happened to me personally each month @25 quid  :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@NannyOgg It may be the moon was a deliberate choice having regard to its fertility influences and never was anything to do with recording energy but more about expending energy.☺️

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s a pretty philosophical thought @G4RHL. Unfortunately for me, having hit a certain time of life (don’t worry boys I won’t say th M word!),my energy is anything but expanding. I think imploded may be a better metaphor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you don’t want to mention the M word, perhaps you’ve stumbled on a new game idea… 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

:thinking:   Hmmmmm!!