A little Christmas quiz!

• 21 December 2020
  • 7 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7079 replies

Just a few days left before the Big One! Yes Christmas is here again. I hope we’re not feeling too glum with all the lockdowns and tiers.

But here’s a little Christmas quiz for you. How many questions did you get right? The answers are hidden below.

1. In which sea or ocean is Christmas Island located?

2. When do the 12 Days of Christmas start?

3. Which country annually sends a Christmas tree to be erected in London’s Trafalgar Square?

4. Which monarch delivered the first Royal Christmas Day Message?

5. Which country is credited with starting the Christmas tree tradition?

6. What happened in the 1914 Christmas Day truce during the First World War?

7. In which year was the first Christmas card sent?

8. What item for the Christmas table did Tom Smith, a confectioner, invent?

9. In which country is it tradition to eat KFC for Christmas dinner?

10. How many ghosts appear in A Christmas Carol?

To see the answers, click/tap on ‘show more’ below the image.

Remember, no peeking first!

And if you know any other good Christmas-related trivia, feel free to add it in the replies :snowman2:

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

1. Indian Ocean
2. Christmas Day
3. Norway
4. King George V
5. Germany
6. A game of football between British and German soldiers
7. 1843 
8. The Christmas cracker
9. Japan
10. Four

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

4 out of 10 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎Shameful ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Funny tho, re number nine! Only this morning, I joked I’m having Heinz Tomsto Soup for Christmas dinner if this freight crisis continues 🙃😁😁😁, but I honestly added, I’d be happy with that, as right now it’s a blessing to have a lovely safe sanctuary, with plenty of provisions, even if not festive foods, with so many being made homeless, using food banks, and worse of course. 

Fab quiz Marc 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

4 out of 10.  Nice quiz @Marc  👍

Maybe the quiz is too tough?! :sweat_smile:

7. In which year was the first Christmas card sent? - No idea, but I’d like to have a stern word with the numpty who started it.

Get to the back of the queue for that one @Gwyndy :laughing:

It’ll be more like that scene from ‘Airplane’ where there’s a queue of people lined up to calm down a panicking passenger, each carrying their own calming ‘instrument’ of choice - baseball bat, boxing gloves, spanner….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Maybe the quiz is too tough?! :sweat_smile:

Or we are a bit thick @Marc  🤣🤣🤣🎅🎅🎅🌲🌲🌲🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah I think you’re right Scuba 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, dunces hats on in the corner of the classroom 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lovely little quiz that, If I may, I’d like to give some personalised feedback on my incorrect answers - I won’t give away the correct ones.

1. In which sea or ocean is Christmas Island located?

2. When do the 12 Days of Christmas start? - Ouch, I’m an idjit, should have known that, if my mum were still around she’d give me clip.

3. Which country annually sends a Christmas tree to be erected in London’s Trafalgar Square?

4. Which monarch delivered the first Royal Christmas Day Message?

5. Which country is credited with starting the Christmas tree tradition?

6. What happened in the 1914 Christmas Day truce during the First World War?

7. In which year was the first Christmas card sent? - No idea, but I’d like to have a stern word with the numpty who started it.

8. What item for the Christmas table did Tom Smith, a confectioner, invent?

9. In which country is it tradition to eat KFC for Christmas dinner? - Well, I know it’s not South Africa if that helps, Nando’s and Wimpy are their fast food choices.

10. How many ghosts appear in A Christmas Carol?