2020 Photo Highlights

• 4 December 2020
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

2020 a year to forget, maybe!
So, forget Covid and think about the positive things that have occurred this year, send in a photo that highlights that event which could be:

*your new electric car

*your new or first home (@Nataly)

*a pic from nature

*a pet or wild animal

*a new addition to your family

*really anything that has lifted your spirits this year.

We have seen excellent pics in the “Pure Planet photo challenge “ all year so let’s see what reflects your year. 
Regards,

Dai 👍👍

29 replies

Badge +2

Walking more with our Border Loulou, visiting places we wouldn’t have. Slowing down and valuing the small things.  This is one of my favourite pictures of 2020

A memory of summer 2020. The time when everyone went on a ‘staycation’ 

Dorset - summer 2020

I did enjoy exploring the UK a bit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lovely post @David j and such a nice pic.   What a great photo of your Grandfather @Marc 

My contribution is that I seem to have done a lot of home baking this year 

Thanks for starting this thread @David j I’m loving the positive vibes - with so much stress this year it’s been easy to forget the great things, and good ones too.

In February, just a few weeks before it all kicked off, I was able to get to France for a long weekend, to join in celebrations for my grandfather’s 100th birthday.

A few weeks later he went into an old people’s home, near Paris. He’s been isolating in a small room ever since. But when we chat on the phone he’s still pretty chipper! Although to be fair we do have some odd conversations - I can’t understand what he says because he doesn’t have many teeth, and he doesn’t understand what I say because my French is so rubbish. Still, we somehow manage to get by!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So on this Christmas Eve eve, in the monsoon, I managed to capture these beauties in the park, on my way to an earlier appt 👍💕👍

Ok, my 2020 highlight photo is of nature. The local lockdowns meant I took a lot more time than I would’ve otherwise to get out and about walking and exploring areas local to me, and turns out there’s plenty of stunning places :grin:

I think it also represents spending time with family and friends, as meeting up outdoors for walks has been the most consistent safe way to see people throughout the year :heart_eyes: .

Blagdon Lake

Lovely post @David j and such a nice pic.   What a great photo of your Grandfather @Marc 

My contribution is that I seem to have done a lot of home baking this year 

Wow! These look amazing @Scubaseahorse 

(Reminds me - nearly time for my second breakfast :grimacing: )

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

For me, seeing the grandchildren after full lockdown was special, this is us in a museum. Special day 👍. 

Badge +2

This picture (taken on a walk this summer) just reminds me how thankful we should be to all our food producers.  It was fantastic to breathe in this atmosphere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We were thrilled when the climber a friend had given us in the first lockdown produced two flowers just before the second… We're easily pleased...

And we loved the care shown to the residents when a small hole was dug in the pavement outside our neighbour's house. We decided that the seven warning signs placed were a considerably greater risk than the hole itself. (Photo taken from end of cul-de-sac, so no passing traffic at all...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Winter Solstice today, more daylight each day and I look forward to snowdrops, daffodil bulbs etc popping up very soon. ☀️🌼🌸☘️🪴

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee hee, bless him Marc, wonderful tale bless 👍😂👏. Super photo to treasure 💕🎉🎉🎉

Dai, that is one gorge photo that speaks volumes! Captured a treat with her cute little pigtails! She’ll look back at that in twenty years time with such fondness, I’m sure 💕. 

Wonderful thread. I’ve not seen it as a negative year as such, but very different for a lot of people admittedly. I hope in some small way, it’ll bring ongoing awareness of infection control going forwards, as Jonathan Van Tam tried to stress. We’ll see. 

As far as photos go tho, bit tricky as only venture to the supermarket really 😂😂😂😂, but lovely thread. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Marc, what a friendly face your Grandfather has - 100 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Great pic & great 2020 highlight 👍👍

Badge +2

Aren't photos absolutely awesome @Bev & @David j .  I take 100's and treasure every one. They are a moment of time through our eyes so everyone absolutely unique and personal. 

Love the picture of your granddaughter and dinosaurs David.  Those pigtails !!😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh LUCKY JO, awesome pictures and a lovely reminder that some nice things happened in 2020 - just what this thread is about 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Lovely serene setting 👏👏👏👏

Badge +2

Fab swan picture @Bev   what extraordinary birds they are.  Partners for life.🦢 💞🦢

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh Scubaseahorse, I am now officially hungry- I can smell them from here 👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Bev 👍❤👍

@David j I'll send some round next time 😊😊😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @Bev 👍❤👍

@David j I'll send some round next time 😊😊😊

Yummy 🥳

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Fab pic Nataly, lovely summer memories 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Gorgeous photo indeed Nat 👏👏👏👍

I’m noticing more daylight already indeed Dai, and I always look soooooo forward to the daffodils 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hee hee hee, bless him Marc, wonderful tale bless 👍😂👏. Super photo to treasure 💕🎉🎉🎉

As far as photos go tho, bit tricky as only venture to the supermarket really 😂😂😂😂, but lovely thread. 

Hey Bev, did you not photo those people wheeling a trolley full of toilet rolls 😂😂😂. Never mind Bev, enjoy the pics that will hopefully be forthcoming. 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Some gorgeous pictures there, Lucky Jo. Slower pace, and enjoying the simpler things. Perfect 👍👏👏👏

Wonderful photo @LUCKY JO :blush: