Guide for landlords and letting agents

  • 30 June 2020
  • 0 replies

This guide explains what to do as a landlord or letting agent if your tenant’s moved out and you’re responsible for a period of energy usage before a new tenant moves in.

Right now the best way to do this is by setting up your own account with us.

To do this, select ‘Moved into a Pure Planet home?’ on our website or app (available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store).

This’ll guide you through creating an account, as if you were a new tenant moving into the property. The process will take less than a minute.

You’ll then be contacted by us via email. Once your email is verified, you’re all done.

Don’t worry if it says your account will take 17 days to switch - we’ll set it up from the starting date you provided in the sign up process.

We’ll email your monthly statements to you. Based on your Direct Debit, the statements will show the account as either in credit or debit. Don’t worry - when the new tenant moves in and you receive your final statement, any remaining credit will be refunded to you.

Once the new tenant moves in, they just need to register for their own account with us by following the same ‘Moved into a Pure Planet home?’ process.

We can then close your account to the date the new tenant becomes responsible.

Don’t want to set up an account?

If you’d prefer not to create an account with us you can make a one-off payment to cover the cost of energy used while the property was vacant.

If you need to make a one-off payment you can contact our Member Services team using either your Pure Planet app, at purepla.net or by emailing us at collections@purepla.net - the collections team will be in contact to take the payment.

This topic has been closed for comments