Hot Topic

Pure Planet Community spotlight for September 2020 - meet Lucky Jo

• 24 September 2020
  • 8 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies

This month the Pure Planet Community spotlight is shining on member @LUCKY JO 

A keen photographer, gardener and foodie, Jo is living the good life in Herefordshire. 

As well as being welcoming to new members of the PP community, she loves to take part in some of our monthly photo challenges too. 

Here she tells us some more about herself, including why she joined PP. 

Thanks for agreeing to take part in this month's spotlight @LUCKY JO and for being a top member of our Community :blush:

How long have you been a member of Pure Planet and why did you join?

For a couple of years now I've been part of the Pure Planet family. I joined after being recommended by Money Expert Martin Lewis.

Where are you from, and where do you live now?

Originally from Warwickshire but I now live in Herefordshire. I'm lucky because the Wye Valley is diverse and absolutely stunning and we love living here.

What do you love doing outside of work / with your free time?

Horses, gardening and family fill my spare time. I love being outside, nature, fresh air. I suppose I'm a Welly Boot kinda girl. I'm still an experimental cook, according to my husband, whom I've been practicing on for over 30 years.

What are you currently reading or watching?

I've just finished Jeffery Archer's A prisoner of birth (great read !) and on the first chapter of The Shawshank Redemption - I must be the only person in the county who hasn't seen the film.

Hurray ....The Great British Bake Off is back and I'll be glued to that.

One thing nobody would ever guess from looking at you?

I can touch my toes with my nose.

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

I'm back to porridge, trying to eat healthy and seem to have slightly overstock on the oats.

Apart from signing up for renewable energy, what’s your top tip for cutting carbon and

saving money?

Grow your own veg....its so easy.

Walk more and leave the car at home !

This month’s spotlight has a bonus question. We couldn’t help but ask…. Why are you called Lucky Jo?

I'm naturally optimistic, I cant help it. It drives my husband mad.

I always look of the bright side, I cant help feeling lucky....very lucky indeed

The Community spotlight is a regular feature to find out a little bit more about who we are, what we like, and maybe what we don't like! 

Other members who've taken part include @25 quid  @G4RHL @Jowl @Gwyndy@David j @Bev  plus many, many more!

If you'd like to take part in the Community spotlight series, or you'd like to nominate a fellow member :wink: send me or @Nataly  a message anytime.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great, uplifting and humorous read-Thank  you Lucky Jo 👏👏

Badge

Aahhhh, thank you David j  !!

I can thoroughly recommend you do it too !

I'd forgotten I could do the toe / nose thing so just checked that out again.   Paramedics are on there way 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Nice to hear about you. Keep the optimism. Negativity creates tiredness and depression and it is very wearing on others! Now for touching my toes with my nose (that sort of rhymes!) I can only manage my hands flat on the floor. Assuming of course you do this with straight legs and bending over!  At least if there is a funny smell you can check if it’s your feet!

Badge

🤣🤣🤣  yes, never thought of that G4RHL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah fab fab read Lucky Jo 👏 👍. Loved that! Love that you walk where you can, as opposed to car 👍, and growing your own veg👏👏👏. Oh super jealous re touching 👃with 👣. Keep up the fab posts Jo 😂👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Lovely to learn more about you@LUCKY JO 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@LUCKY JO 

Best to use someone else’s nose in future, I hope you recover!

Badge

Thanks everyone 🥰🥰