We’re lowering our Membership fees

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies

Hello everyone,

We’ve announced today that our monthly membership fees are going down for all our Pure Planet members from 1 May 2018. Here’s a little bit more info for the community.

Membership fees are now £8.50 per month per fuel (including VAT)  —  down from £10 – saving a dual fuel member £3 a month, or £36 a year. This is on top of our existing dual fuel discount of £30 a year. Don’t worry - it applies to single fuel Members as well.

We’re lowering our membership fees - that’s the fixed cost. We’re not changing our members rate - that’s the amount you pay for energy.

You may have seen in the news that British Gas, EDF and Scottish Power have put their prices up in recent weeks. We’re really excited to buck the trend.

Why we’re lowering our prices

We’ve had a great first year at Pure Planet. It began simply, with a soft-launch in May last year – thank you to those early adopters who supported us and gave us feedback during those first few months.

We officially launched in September. Since then, we’ve continuously invested in improving our app, our operations and the industry processes behind the scenes. We’re creating a smarter, more sustainable and efficient business, so that we can pass those savings on to you.

Didn’t you just put your prices up?

We increased our members rate recently, to reflect the rise in wholesale market prices. The renewable electricity and carbon offset gas we buy on your behalf is passed to you at zero markup - you pay what we pay and we don’t make any money on this.

We’re emailing all our Members today about the Membership fee price drop, and it’ll take effect immediately for both new and existing Members.

As it’s a relatively small change, we won’t be changing Direct Debit payments for now, but the positive difference will show up on your balance. The price drop means annual savings of 4% on average.

Now that we’ve been going for a year, we’ve done some CO2 savings sums. An average medium usage Pure Planet Member will save a whopping 3,347 kilograms of CO2 per year. That’s roughly the same as planting 1,673 trees.

Not joined up to Pure Planet yet? Switch now to save money and feel good doing it with zero-carbon emissions. All we use is the sun, wind and water.

That’s it for now. Any questions? Let’s talk about it below.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Great news! Congratulations on your first year and lots of luck for the coming one!
No question, but congratulations. You must be the first company to actually reduce fees.
I think you probably right about not reducing my DD payments as with the recent cold weather my central heating has been turned on again, albeit reluctantly!

Well done
Michael
Terrific news.
1 month in and monthly fee is lower.looks like I made a great move away from the stail old guard of the energy markets to a more nimble and engertic outfit Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Good news and well done for your first year, (although it's b******d up my theory that prices only ever go up...)
Fantastic! - a price drop, what could be better except perhaps more sunshine...
Well done PP in bucking the trend & keep up the good work improving the app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
What wonderful news to come home to! 🙀👍👏Makes such a refreshing change from the endless increases on bills! This is sooooo good of PP👍, and I hope such a fair and honest provider continue to go from strength to strength, and have many successful years ahead of them. Thank you PP 👍👏
MichaelOfHighwray;6235:
No question, but congratulations. You must be the first company to actually reduce fees.
I think you probably right about not reducing my DD payments as with the recent cold weather my central heating has been turned on again, albeit reluctantly!

Well done
Michael

Cheers for that nice reply @MichaelOfHighwray
Know what you mean about the heating - exact same here!
BTW I moved your post to this existing thread. You've not done anything wrong, I just like to keep the replies about a specific topic in one thread, as it is easier for other members to follow
Blueplanet;6237:
Terrific news.
1 month in and monthly fee is lower.looks like I made a great move away from the stail old guard of the energy markets to a more nimble and engertic outfit Thanks.

Hi @Blueplanet
You're welcome! 👍
(Also FYI I've moved your post about the fees to this existing thread. Just some housekeeping on my part! I like to keep posts/replies about specific topics in one thread so that other members can follow the discussion a little easier.)
Great news 're the price reduction in Membership Fees 😊
TobyG;6313:
Great news 're the price reduction in Membership Fees ������

Nice one @TobyG
We're really happy to be able to pass on some savings 😊