We’re doubling our rewards to £50 each when you refer a friend to Pure Planet

• Community Manager
  • 6162 replies
Hi everyone

We’ve got some very exciting news to share with our Members. :o

From today for a limited time you’ll share £100 with every friend or family member you refer to Pure Planet!

Tap ‘Refer friends’ in your account and share your referral link. Get £50 and give £50 in Amazon vouchers when your friend starts their switch by 31 July (extended to 31 August, see below).

That’s £100 of value between you — twice the usual amount. And there’s no limit to how many friends or family you can recommend. Refer your entire office/village/block if you like. That’s a lot of vouchers. ;)

What could you do with £50? Or £100, or £200, or even more?

If you were ever considering joining your village football team, or even creating an account on Meetup, now’s the time...

More seriously, when we think about it, we all know people who would love to do something for the environment — and save money. So tell them how easy it is to switch to renewable energy. It takes a minute or two, no engineers need visit and the lights always stay on and it saves almost £300 a year compared to the energy price cap for a typical householder.

So, getting the £50 — or more — is easy. Think of your friends, and send them all your referral link which you’ll find in your app on in the account area of our website.

Update on 29 July

Hi all

Some exciting news! Our summer offer of £50 each when you refer friends has been extended to 31 August!
The heat must be getting to us.....
🆒:o

Update on 27 August

Hi all
Just to let you know that we've extended our 50/50 rewards for another two weeks!
This means the offer will run until the middle of September. :)
We're going to be emailing all Members about this later today.
This email contains everyone's new referral code after we updated our 'refer friends' platform in our latest app release.

Update on 16 September
Just a reminder that this promotion ends at midnight tonight! Don't miss out!
💪

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Ooooooooohhhhh!!!!! :D:up:🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Great offer @Marc 👍
I'm a hermit living at the top of a mountain on an island........what's in it for me..... Lol 🤔🤗🤑😝😧
Disappointed to see you offering vouchers for that bunch of tax dodging shysters.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just need some friends now, but then again that would involve mingling with the general public.
I dont mingle well it has to be said.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jon1;33373:
Just need some friends now, but then again that would involve mingling with the general public.
I dont mingle well it has to be said.

Offering people £50 might just get you some friends... but you'll never know if they love you for yourself, or just for your energy supplier...

- - - Updated - - -

Mactonex;33371:
Disappointed to see you offering vouchers for that bunch of tax dodging shysters.

Is there another bunch of tax dodging shysters you would prefer?

Seriously, I'm sure alternatives would be considered...

Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Mactonex
Well here is your chance for revenge, feel free to recommend your own preferred tax dodging shyster, or give the voucher to a charity.
​Apologies Stephen, posted before I saw your reply.
Mactonex;33371:
Hey @Mactonex and welcome to the Community!
@stephenrand is spot on - we have a thread here where we'd love to hear other Members' ideas on how they'd prefer to be rewarded and what other options they'd like to see.

Your feedback's really appreciated so if you want to highlight any alternatives you can reply on that thread 🆙

Good idea from @woz about giving the voucher to a charity 🙂
would be great if other options other than amazon vouchers could be offered soon.
such as cash reward or electricity bill credit or give it to charity etc.
Hi all

Some exciting news! Our summer offer of £50 each when you refer friends has been extended to 30 August!
The heat must be getting to us..... 🆒:o
Hi Marc, I've shared my link with two of my daughters who have both signed up but I've only had one acknowledged?
Gutted! I just missed out with my 3rd referral!
Oscarbigfeet;34744:
Hi Marc, I've shared my link with two of my daughters who have both signed up but I've only had one acknowledged?

Hi @Oscarbigfeet
Cracking username. Is it true?!

Our virtual assistant WattBot can help with this. If you tap on Watt in your app and type 'Where's my voucher' good old Watt will take the details from you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;34813:
Hi @Oscarbigfeet
Cracking username. Is it true?!

😂😂😂😂👍
Bev;34821:
😂😂😂😂👍

Help..... I can feel an...
"Oohhh Matron" moment fast approaching
😎😜🤣🙏😉😎
Marc, tried WattBot, no use. The first issue I have is that although my 2nd referral has a message in their app telling her the account is still being set up I haven't had any email confirmation that it's underway. My first referral last week went very much as expected, as soon as they signed up I got email notification and a projected completion date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Gray4276;34827:
Help..... I can feel an...
"Oohhh Matron" moment fast approaching
������������������������������������

​I resisted, Gray, I resisted 😂😂😂😂
That's me signed up 5 friends to PP - not bad I say!
Oscarbigfeet;34828:
Marc, tried WattBot, no use. The first issue I have is that although my 2nd referral has a message in their app telling her the account is still being set up I haven't had any email confirmation that it's underway. My first referral last week went very much as expected, as soon as they signed up I got email notification and a projected completion date.

Hey @Oscarbigfeet 🙂

Have you since had email confirmation for both switches?
Also worth checking your spam/junk folder as they can sometimes end up in there!

It may not have been sent while the account was being 'set up' as the switch hadn't started at that point 🆙
I can't get the refer a link to work
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi betterworld
in app or online? Can you post more detail of where/how/what it isn't working, your device model and operating system, and if in app can you log in online and see if that works?
Betterworld;35213:
I can't get the refer a link to work
woz;35241:
hi betterworld
in app or online? Can you post more detail of where/how/what it isn't working, your device model and operating system, and if in app can you log in online and see if that works?

Hi, in the app, I click on it I would like to refer via email maybe I am just being stupid but I just can't see how to do it it come up with my code or unique link then what do I do??!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Betterworld
What happens when you click on the send email banner?
Thing is it would be much better if I could copy and paste an invitation code rather than being asked to enter my friends email addresses. Please consider changing your system on referrals. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
bigrich134;35430:
Thing is it would be much better if I could copy and paste an invitation code rather than being asked to enter my friends email addresses. Please consider changing your system on referrals. Thanks

Hi there
When I open the app I get one 'moon' that says 'refer friends'. When I click on that, I get a page with the referral code, with a copy button right next to it. Are you not getting that?
Stephen