Try out your first electric vehicle with Pure Planet and Elmo

• 17 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey everyone

Some great news if you’re looking to get your first EV and want to try one out for a few months before fully committing.

We’ve partnered with EV subscription company Elmo which offers short term leases on popular EV brands like the Renault Zoe and MG ZS EV.

For non-EV drivers, making the switch to electric can look a bit daunting. Some people have doubts about whether an EV will suit their lifestyle, worries about charging from home or even suffer the infamous ‘range anxiety’. 

With the upfront cost of buying an EV and the long-term commitment of traditional leases, it’s easy to fall back on what you feel familiar with - gas guzzlers!

That’s why we’ve partnered with Elmo. It means you can try an EV for a short period of time with leases starting at just three months. Their subscriptions include insurance, maintenance breakdown cover and Elmo will even deliver and collect the EV at the end of your initial term.

All you have to do is head over to the Elmo website and choose the model you want, for as long as you want.

Pure Planet Members get a reduced one-off admin fee for their lease - £45 instead of the usual £95. The £50 credit is applied to the first month’s lease payment. Their cars are super popular, so don’t be surprised if some of them have sold out!

Don’t forget we can also help you get set up at home with a home charge point from EO. Fully installed from £545, we think it’s the smartest charger on the market.

3 replies

Badge

This is fantastic.

Elmo are a great company - I have been monitoring them for a while and have an open email thread with their founder.

I highly recommend to anyone, especially for those who want to first test the water with an EV and/or want to try different models.

That’s great to hear @Ohit, what a positive response :grin:  we’re definitely excited to be partnered with them, and help people with their EV journey (pun not intended) :thumbsup: 

Hi

Struggling a little with the costs of installation of ev charger, I sense that locally in Scotland installers are bumping the labour cost of installation because they believe customer will pay in the light of the £350 grant.

Gerard