Resolved: We're investigating reports of Direct Debit payments not showing in Member accounts

Hi everyone, 

We’re currently investigating a system issue - some Members’ Direct Debit payments have been successfully made, but the transaction isn’t showing in their Pure Planet accounts or on their monthly statements. 

Please don’t worry - if your payment has been successful, we do have a record of this. We’re working on fixing the issue, so your payment will be displayed correctly in your account, and your account balance updated. 

We’re still investigating the number of affected Direct Debits, but at this stage we believe it’s payments made this week. And any refunds that have been paid will also not appear in your Pure Planet account. If you were expecting a refund payment, you can check you've received this directly in your bank account. 

We’ll update this post as we have more information. 

Update Thursday 20 May

Good morning!

Our tech team are still doing some behind-the-scenes investigations.

We’ll continue to update here. :thumbsup:

Update 2.45pm

Hi everyone, just to let you know this issue has now been resolved! All missing payments will now be displaying in your accounts as normal - you can head to ‘balance & payments’ in your app, or at purepla.net, to check this. 

Thanks for your patience. :relaxed:

12 replies

Hi @Nataly 

Do you know if this is likely to be an ongoing issue?
Both Heidi’s and my direct debits are due to go out in the next 7 days, so I will try to remember.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Can I just say, if I may our Nat, I just logged in to be faced by that huge banner message starting “We are investigating…...” and on life, no word of a lie, my heart was pounding 💓💓💓💓😳😳😳😳😳, bloomin scared me rigid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I thought I’d been blocked from the community 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

OK, that explains it, I was in debit on my account, payment was made by direct debit on 17th, but is not credited to my account.  Usage was low, so payment exceeded cost of the fuel, yet my account says I am further in debit.  Please hurry up and sort it out. You have issued mean incorrect bill.

Hi @Nataly 

Do you know if this is likely to be an ongoing issue?
Both Heidi’s and my direct debits are due to go out in the next 7 days, so I will try to remember.

Thanks

Hey @Gwyndy - good question! As things currently stand we don’t believe it to be an ongoing issue.

Of course, if that changes, I’ll be sure to let you all know on this post. :thumbsup:

Good morning!

Our tech team are still doing some behind-the-scenes investigations.

We’ll continue to update here! :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My account seemed to be very slow to update this month, but all fine now

Hi everyone, just to let you know this issue has now been resolved! All missing payments will now be displaying in your accounts as normal - you can head to ‘balance & payments’ in your app, or at purepla.net, to check this. 

Thanks for your patience. ☺

I would like to know that you are using my credit to pay my bill off but you have still taken the dd out of my bank account but it dont say on my monthly bill, i cant see the dd payment on my monthly bill and also you have taken the payment out of my bank late and on the wrong date, lucky the money was in there, hopefully this wont happen again, wont be very happy if this keeps happening, if somebody could talk to me about this please, this is the first time and hopefully the last time i need to talk to someone.

I would like to know that you are using my credit to pay my bill off but you have still taken the dd out of my bank account but it dont say on my monthly bill, i cant see the dd payment on my monthly bill and also you have taken the payment out of my bank late and on the wrong date, lucky the money was in there, hopefully this wont happen again, wont be very happy if this keeps happening, if somebody could talk to me about this please, this is the first time and hopefully the last time i need to talk to someone.

Hi @Janie Cole 

The community can’t talk to you about the specifics of this, as they don’t have access to account information.

You need to use ‘Help?’ in your account, select ‘Ask our friendly digital assistant, WattBot’ and type ‘Message the Team,’ it will then send a message to Member Services mailbox, and someone will eventually get back to you - they are rather inundated with the current situation regarding energy prices.

However, I can offer you what is, ‘my best guess:’
The DD has changed date due to it being the weekend, (but that would rather depend when it was due to go out, and when it actually went out.)

For example, if your statement date is the 9th or the 10th of October - then the DD would go out on the 11th, and the payment would appear on your next statement as it has missed this one.  Pure Planet ‘generally speaking’ - don’t use ‘your credit to pay your bill off’ - your DD is set to cover your estimated bill over a 12 month period, going into credit/debit is expected, although not intended - in fact Pure Planet review your account roughly every 6 months, to refund credit, and/or reset your Direct Debit amount to try and avoid this.

They don’t go ‘ooh you’ve got more than one month’s payment in credit (which you are expected to have as you pay in advance), therefore, we’ll not take your payment this month’ - in fact I don’t know of any energy provider who does this when you pay by Direct Debit.

Regards

Gwyndy

Hi Gwyndy

Thank you for that information and sorry i am new to this, but thankyou again for your help.

Regards

Janie

Great that you stopped by @Janie Cole, and even better that you popped back to say thanks. Come again soon! 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Janie Cole 

as per other replies and to add just so you know, Direct debit payments can be delayed by weekends and bank holidays.It’s common. (In fact I’ve actually had dd’s taken a day earlier than the specified date and that was  by a bank (Satander)  which is even worse!) 

Your balance is just what’s in the pot after the DD is paid in and chares for energy taken out. PP won’t touch it otherwise, unless your bill happens to be recalculated for any reason.

Feel free to pop back if you need any help!