Pure Planet update - now you can join and manage your account in a web browser as well as your app

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies
Hi everyone

We’ve got some exciting news to share and I wanted to let everyone in our community know first.

Today we added a new section to the Pure Planet website which means you can now get access to your account in a web browser as well as your Pure Planet app.

Just go to the Pure Planet website and click on the avatar in the top right corner to log in and do the same things on the web as in your app - such as as send a meter reading, check your balance, ask WattBot a question, check your energy usage.

What else is new?

From today anyone joining Pure Planet can complete the full switch on the web, too ;-)))

If you’re joining from a price comparison website too you’ll also be switched without having to download the app.

And if you’ve just moved into a new home already on supply with Pure Planet there’s also a new section in both app and web called ‘Moved into a Pure Planet home?’ which will guide you through joining up.

Our website is supported by Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge - it’s a good idea to make sure you’re using the latest version of your favourite browser.

Thanks to community members who’ve helped us out with suggestions and feedback on this. There’ve been so many of you helping us out, but a special mention to @woz @Jon1 @Lenny @Gil @Oakbank @Jowl @Bev @MrSmart @Angelabikerbabe :raisinghands:

We know that the new web version of your Pure Planet account needs a bit of polish. We’ve already set aside some of our lovely tech team’s time to make improvements in the coming months.🆙

There’s a couple of things not available on web in this first release.

- Energy usage graphs

- Ability to upload a meter photo (either directly for your opening reading, or via WattBot).

Both of these features will be added to web soon and of course they’re still in your app!

Also, unlike the app there’s no torch on web! We’re probably not going to build one of those.;)

Spot anything else? Please do flag it up here as your feedback is always really useful, and appreciated.

63 replies

Hi @Alf13n
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
What kind of email client do you use? I use iCloud.com to access my Apple ID on a laptop. That way I can get my email and login to my PP account on web.
Thanks WOZ. You're right, it is a faff. Here's me hoping of being able to login using any pc/laptop. Think I'll just stay with the app on my phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Alf13n
We have a stray cat now called Alfie I thought you might like to know that...

There are a few ways around this but it's a bit of a faff.
In essence what you need to do is find some way of getting the login link credentials in the email to your macbook via something they can both access. (You could for example use whatsapp if you can access that on the device with your email and the macbook)
I'll give you a starter method

1. Go to your emails and delete all the login mails so you have none left (this removes the chance of using the wrong mail and having to start all over again)
2. Attempt Log in and thus generate a login mail.
3. On the device with your email on it open the mail and copy the pink link credentials (depends on device as to how you do that long press on a phone, right click and copy on pc etc) It's a very long string...
4.Go to https://tinyurl.com/ and paste the link into tinyurl and generate a short url. MAKE A CAREFUL NOTE OF THAT EXACT SHORT URL
5. On macbook paste that short url into the address bar of the browser
6. Did that work?
6 and a bit . DON'T LOG OUT when you've finished (unless you want to do it all again!)- it will stay logged in even if the browser is closed

Alf13n;34250:
How can you login on a laptop (MacBook) if you don't have an email client set up on it.
How can you login on a laptop (MacBook) if you don't have an email client set up on it.
Great stuff,

Onwards and Upwards 💪 👏 📖
Hi all
Just to let you know we've pushed out a new app update today - version 7.20.22
Full details here but it includes a fix for the bug which stopped Members from sending pics of meter readings via WattBot.
That's all sorted in this update so we've switched the photo functionality back on 🆙 (and the pics can be sent on web too)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Therefore being able to access one’s account on the web is not a step forward but rather a backward one. You can either have the web access or app access but not both! This is something that should have been sorted before it was released.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Richard
I've repeatedly flagged this as a problem/issue/irritant/request, but been firmly told in the nicest possible way that it is what it is...(well that's how I read the replies).
so, yes but if you delete the app you can use the website...
​cqdx, ymmv.
G4RHL;32424:
I assume one can only log in on the website provided you are using a desktop or laptop computer. If I try on my tablet I am asked to provide my email address, I get the email to access but when I do it does not take me to the web version but 5o the app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
and I was going to post "one of my balls is missing" but I thought better of it...phew...
Bev;32415:
Yeah my ‘send a reading’ testicle is missing too, had to use the pulldown menu tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Good afternoon Simonkd,

They as in Pure Planet (PP) estimate readings when we do not submit readings.
PP also estimate our bills for the 3 days following the nice reminder prompt that many of us would miss if 3 days in advance notice twas not provided.

3 days of estimations is just a few pence unless you have a bigger issue.
Lots of members send their reads in frequently allowing 24 hours before you can send again.
If you submit readings on your statement date (joining anniversary) your statement will not be estimated that is emailed the next day.

I find that the 3 days in advance prompt reading that is estimated would be close to my actuals if I'd submitted on the statement date. It all pans out and your DD is not affected.

​Hope this assists and have a great day
Marc;32448:
Hi @Simonkd
Yep, as @woz says, this is a known bug (releated to a major app/web update released last week, so I've moved your post to this thread).
For now we've turned off the add photo feature. Our tech team are working on fix. Of course as soon as I've got an update on that I'll post it here 🆙

Thanks, they keep ignoring my gas meter reading and sending an estimate which it too high. I would like to send them a photo so perhaps they will stop doing that. Regards, Simon
Simonkd;32441:
Used to have the option to include photos. Cannot see where to add now. Just updated to latest version. Thanks, Simon

Hi @Simonkd
Yep, as @woz says, this is a known bug (releated to a major app/web update released last week, so I've moved your post to this thread).
For now we've turned off the add photo feature. Our tech team are working on fix. Of course as soon as I've got an update on that I'll post it here 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Simon
I believe this is known about and a fix is underway, is there anything the community can do to help?
Used to have the option to include photos. Cannot see where to add now. Just updated to latest version. Thanks, Simon
Gerald2756;32430:
The link from the email to login to my account on the web Marc

Thanks @Gerald2756
It's def worth making sure your version of Chrome is the latest. I'm using 75.0.3
Also make sure that it's the latest verification email you're clicking on. If you're trying to login a few times, sometimes the way emails are displayed in the inbox it'll show an old email at the top, and if it's an older email the security 'token' being passed on is therefore already out of date (it's been replaced by the most recent email).
Hope that makes sense!
The link from the email to login to my account on the web Marc
Gerald2756;32376:
tHE LINK DOES NOT WORK IN MY CHROME BROWSER

Hi @Gerald2756
What link?
And is the Chrome browser up to date?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I assume one can only log in on the website provided you are using a desktop or laptop computer. If I try on my tablet I am asked to provide my email address, I get the email to access but when I do it does not take me to the web version but 5o the app.
Bev;32415:
Yeah my ‘send a reading’ testicle is missing too.

hahahahahahahahaha
​hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, ahem, we're flagging this with our tech team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yeah my ‘send a reading’ testicle is missing too, had to use the pulldown menu tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
oops..looks like capslock is broken too..:D
​Is your chrome up to date?
Gerald2756;32376:
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
ha! thought so.(the gremlin) ..couldn't find other post, sorry to crosspost
Duppy;32399:
Likewise woz, as posted elsewhere.
By the way it's the mischievous one on the right
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Likewise woz, as posted elsewhere.
By the way it's the mischievous one on the right
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
My send a meter reading ball is missing as is the app reminder.
Version 7.20.3 (or 7.20.03 if you numbered it properly) ios is up to date
Happened after the last update - there be gremlins in the works..
not sure which one it is...