Pure Planet to cut prices for electricity and gas by 1 May

Show first post

32 replies

Has the rate drop already been announced, I can’t seem to find it anywhere?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Mike H.
yes, it's at the top of the " stickies "
​​​​​​​https://community.purepla.net/threads/9753-Members%E2%80%99-rate-announcement-Pure-Planet-lowers-its-tariff
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Mike H;52565:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Mike H;52565:

Hi Mike
Welcome to the Pure Planet community!

​​​​​ The answers you have been given by your fellow customers are spot on - I'm just concerned you haven't had an email telling you your exact new rates... Worth checking your spam folder?
​​​​​​​Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good point Stephen! I'd forgotten about the email
The subject line reads
IMPORTANT: We're lowering our prices
mine was sent and received on 15th April
stephenrand;52572:
Hi Mike
Welcome to the Pure Planet community!

​​​​​ The answers you have been given by your fellow customers are spot on - I'm just concerned you haven't had an email telling you your exact new rates... Worth checking your spam folder?
​​​​​​​Stephen
tried trawling through these pages, but cant seem to see why at these rates, I should stay with Pure Planet, there are a lot cheaper deals out there right now, some with cash back too, OR am I missing something?? Will wait til tomorrow to swap/leave..
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Limechase;53954:
tried trawling through these pages, but cant seem to see why at these rates, I should stay with Pure Planet, there are a lot cheaper deals out there right now, some with cash back too, OR am I missing something?? Will wait til tomorrow to swap/leave..

Hi there

I don't think you're missing anything! I'm not sure what you expected to find by trawling through the different posts, to be honest.

Bear in mind that Pure Planet have just announced they are launching a new fixed rate tariff (so I've just answered my own question about what you might find)

AND

Whenever you switch it's a judgement call aka a gamble. You are on a variable rate with PP, so it has changed in the past and could change in the future. So you never know whether the company you switch to now will still be cheaper in one month, six months, a year's time. So we all roll the dice, and if you want to torture yourself, you can check at some point in the future whether you really have saved money!

Best of luck
​​​​​​​Stephen

​​​​