Pure Planet renewable energy now recommended by Which consumer magazine

• Community Manager
  • 7633 replies
Hi everyone

We’ve got some very exciting news to share. Pure Planet is now a recommended energy supplier from respected consumer magazine Which? - one of just 3 to be given the accolade. πŸ˜€

We’ve also been rated in the top three in a league table of the UK energy suppliers from a Which? customer satisfaction survey.

The consumer champion surveyed more than 8,000 people across the UK about their energy supplier and asked them to rate companies on a number of criteria including value for money, customer service, bill accuracy and digital tools.

Pure Planet came out as being highly rated for billing accuracy, bill clarity and value for money.

The biggest six energy companies - British Gas, Eon, EDF, Npower, Scottish Power and SSE (now part of Ovo) - all finished in the lower third of the table, with Scottish Power languishing in the bottom three after achieving a lowly customer score of 51 per cent.

Pure Planet was awarded its prestigious Which? Recommended Provider for β€œwowing their customers with top-notch service and delivering against our stringent assessment criteria”.

Natalie Hitchins, head of home products and services at Which?, said: β€œConsumers have dozens of energy suppliers to choose from - and it is clear that some newer challenger providers are better than their larger counterparts at keeping customers happy and delivering a better service.

β€œCustomers shell out hundreds, sometimes thousands, of pounds a year on their gas and electricity bills so it is right that they expect good service from their energy supplier.

β€œIf you are one of the many customers out there who feels their supplier is falling short, consider moving to one that can offer a better service as well as cheaper prices - you could save hundreds of pounds a year.”

A big thank you to all our Pure Planet Members for being part of this exciting journey for the past few years.πŸ™Œ

We’re not done yet of course! We’ve got lots of exciting plans for the future. If you’d like to quiz us on what we’re up to, our Pure Planet co-founder Steven Day is taking part in a community Q&A - go on, ask him anything 😉

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
That's really positive, well done!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Amazing progress.
No wonder your adding to this successful and developing team!
β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ˜±πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ––πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Excellent news ....and well deserved. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Great result and a big breakthrough - well done Pure Planet team. πŸ‘
We tend to see all the moans and complaints here. It's good to know there's lots of good happening. @Marc, I wonder if you monitor the number of problems posted/reported here/wattbott versus your (new) customer base? Could be interesting to see a trend that (hopefully) things are getting better, or an early warning when they're not...

Maybe @Gray4276 can make a KPI dashboard?
​​​​​​​
Hey @25 quid,

Looks like you've already got it sorted tbh
​​​​​​​Sounds like a job for one of PP's "new job recruits" 😎 πŸ€” πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Excellent news Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘, and well worth getting up early for on your non working day! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Delighted to read this. Thanks to everyone involved with Pure Planet. The reasons given for the success is why we decided to change from Avro Energy after several years of customer satisfaction. I know we are going 'green' but don't we all get the same electricity through the National Grid? I remain confused as to how the system works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello aand welcome Valerian.

indeed it is a confusing matter, yes we do all get the same electric from the grid. However what you buy means only renewable electric gets put into the grid so if we all do it then the generation companies will be forced to go greener faster by only producing renewable electric.
​​​​​​​as for the gas PP pay some village somewhere in the rain forest to plant trees on their behalf to offset the carbon emissions from the gas you buy (if any).
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Valerian;47187:
Delighted to read this. Thanks to everyone involved with Pure Planet. The reasons given for the success is why we decided to change from Avro Energy after several years of customer satisfaction. I know we are going 'green' but don't we all get the same electricity through the National Grid? I remain confused as to how the system works.

Hi there
here's the Pure Planet explanation from their home page:
​​​​​
NO NUKES, NO COAL, NO FRACKING
100% renewable electricity 100% carbon offset gas

Our renewable electricity is from the sun, wind and water, and it's cheaper than power that pollutes. All our gas is carbon offset at no additional cost to you. Our Members are helping move Britain towards a sustainable future.

ENERGY SOURCES
100% renewable electricity

We believe in a clear, clean sustainable future. No fossils, no nukes. We only source our electricity from sun, wind and water. Last year, our electricity mix was 80.5% wind and 19.5% sun (April 2018 β€” March 2019).

All the power we purchase on your behalf is renewably sourced. All our electricity is backed by Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGOs). Read more about REGOs here.

Burning gas is not sustainable. While we work towards a renewable-only electric future, we carbon offset the gas you use.

Homes using gas typically generate nearly four tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions each year. That's almost enough to fill a hot air balloon. Which is why we offset it on your behalf.

We don't support fracking and we don't buy fracked gas

Any help?

​​​​​​​Stephen
Thank you, stehenrand, for your helpfulness. Being new here, it is heartwarming when people respond to a post in this manner. I think I had sussed out so much about PurePlanet that I recognised the quote but always good to re-read something after a few weeks.

Jon1, thank you for the explanation. That was exactly the information I was needing.πŸ€—