I’m Pure Planet’s proposition manager. I work closely with our head of technical design and delivery
We’re busy building lots of shiny new things for you in the short, medium and long term. We thought we’d give you an update, and a chance to ask us some questions if you’d like to.
Some Members are already helping us out by suggesting new things in the community’s ideas board (send a message to one of our community managers
Here’s a few things that we’ve introduced recently:
- A way to tell us you’re moving home
- Tap-to-choose options in WattBot
- Ability to change your Pure Planet email address in the app
- Expanding text box in WattBot for longer messages
Helen and Georgie from Pure Planet
We’ve been a bit light on new features for you all recently — we’re busy designing and building some really big stuff that’s coming soon! Here’s what we’re working on right now, you’ll see this go live in the next few months:
- Switch to Pure Planet and manage your account in a web browser (exciting!)
- Tell us if you’ve moved into a home already supplied by us, and a way to make it (much) easier to set up your account
- Continuous WattBot improvements
- Improvements to your monthly statements
- Improvements to our refer a friend rewards
- We’re always working on ways to automate processes behind the scenes, to make your experience smoother and to keep our costs low (and pass these savings to you)
After that we’ve got some great stuff on our to-do list, including lots raised by the Community, such as:
- Ability to manage multiple accounts/properties
- Improving communications (adding SMS and app notifications)
- Fix and improve usage graphs
- Displaying your carbon savings
- Monthly statements available in your account
- Improvements to meter readings (behind the scenes and the UI)
We work in an ‘agile’ way, which means our priorities can change. New things might get added ahead of these features, but this gives you a good idea of our short to mid term plans.
We’re always on the lookout for small improvements as we go, as well as the obligatory bug-squishing. Thanks so much to you all for flagging these as you find them.
If you have any questions, please post them in the replies below. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find out for you!
Our community managers
Give us a few days to run through them and give them our full and proper attention. We’ll post all the answers in a new post.
I’m looking forward to seeing your questions, thoughts and feedback!