Pure Planet product and tech managers here - ask us your questions about our roadmap

Hi everyone,

I’m Pure Planet’s proposition manager. I work closely with our head of technical design and delivery @HOB on building and improving your digital experience with Pure Planet (that’s a fancy way to say we look after our systems, app and website!).

We’re busy building lots of shiny new things for you in the short, medium and long term. We thought we’d give you an update, and a chance to ask us some questions if you’d like to.

Some Members are already helping us out by suggesting new things in the community’s ideas board (send a message to one of our community managers @Marc or @Nataly if you’d like to be part of this) and in our testing & feedback section.
Here’s a few things that we’ve introduced recently:

• A way to tell us you’re moving home
  • Tap-to-choose options in WattBot
  • Ability to change your Pure Planet email address in the app
  • Expanding text box in WattBot for longer messages

Helen and Georgie from Pure Planet

We’ve been a bit light on new features for you all recently — we’re busy designing and building some really big stuff that’s coming soon! Here’s what we’re working on right now, you’ll see this go live in the next few months:

• Switch to Pure Planet and manage your account in a web browser (exciting!)
  • Tell us if you’ve moved into a home already supplied by us, and a way to make it (much) easier to set up your account
  • Continuous WattBot improvements
  • Improvements to your monthly statements
  • Improvements to our refer a friend rewards
  • We’re always working on ways to automate processes behind the scenes, to make your experience smoother and to keep our costs low (and pass these savings to you)

After that we’ve got some great stuff on our to-do list, including lots raised by the Community, such as:

• Ability to manage multiple accounts/properties
  • Improving communications (adding SMS and app notifications)
  • Fix and improve usage graphs
  • Displaying your carbon savings
  • Monthly statements available in your account
  • Improvements to meter readings (behind the scenes and the UI)

We work in an ‘agile’ way, which means our priorities can change. New things might get added ahead of these features, but this gives you a good idea of our short to mid term plans.

We’re always on the lookout for small improvements as we go, as well as the obligatory bug-squishing. Thanks so much to you all for flagging these as you find them.

If you have any questions, please post them in the replies below. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find out for you!

Our community managers @Marc and @Nataly will leave this thread open for a week or so, then collate your questions, before closing the replies.

Give us a few days to run through them and give them our full and proper attention. We’ll post all the answers in a new post.

I’m looking forward to seeing your questions, thoughts and feedback!

17 replies

Badge +2
Hi @Georgie

Sounds great - looking forward to the Web app too. I do use the mobile App but I'm nearly always in a browser so a quick flick to the PP tab and having all my info would be great.

Will the info from our Smart Meters be available in app/web ? I'd like to see all the usual things - Current useage by Kwh, readings, cost since last statement etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi @Georgia, thanks for all that great info. So much for us to look forward to. I would say the biggest 'urk' people have is not knowing how to contact you with queries. The Community is littered with these types of questions, day after day. I think Wattbot needs to have a 'message the team' box to make it easier for the newcomers to understand what they need to do to get a repky/attention to their queries.
Keep up the good work 👍👍👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Indeed Scuba. Perhaps even take away the need to physically type “MESSAGE THE TEAM”, Georgie, and have the box, as Scuba says, but one that automatically takes any messages to the team via a link perhaps? Just a way of alleviating the confusion and stress for newbies 👍
Hi Georgie.

Continuing from several similar suggestions.

It may be useful to add a 5th circle here, titled 'ask a question' or similar, where you could 'talk to' WattBot, and if WattBot can't answer it, it gave you the option to 'message the team'?

Just adding a 'message the team' button could lead some to message the team instead of using WattBot, but at the moment the ability to ask questions appears to be too well hidden.

​Gwynd
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Helen and Georgie
One of the first things I suggested was the ability to use a web browser, that should be top of the list for demographic reasons alone.

Already mentioned a number of times, the ability to skip entering electric readings if you only want to enter gas. (yawn...I know....)

The paper bills you send out to deemed customers are clearly inadequate, they make people angry!
They need a large section on the top showing clear steps of how to deal with the bill/contact you etc.

but I'm sure all these are already on the list.

​I'd like to see a community select in the drop down section of the app so that I don't have to go backwards, and that sort of ties in with my previous communication with Marc about not always going back to the home page of community but back to where you were previously.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
It's fantastic, it's so refreshing that PP operates and values members thoughts and suggestions.

I agree with all the ideas and feed back especially on how to contact a team member v encouraging members to use the tools available. It needs to be easier, but it needs some thought so that unnecessary members questions does'nt lead to extra admin time that could lead to increased costs.
Hence the reason that the community was set up.

Web browser is a vital.
The option for multiple property or multiple supply to a property that could be managed easily from one account would be great.

I'm actually assisting my mate on his house with three meters and the supply options available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Helen & Georgie, I’ve been away for a couple of days and have just read your post - I will get back to you if I have a “ brain storm idea’ (unlikely though). The savvy community members will get you going with their articulate ideas - keep up the great work. Just another example of Pure Planets open & transparent approach. 👍✔️👍✔️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello to you both.now i have had time to think i got a list of ideas. So here are the first few.
Short term. Dedicated acct managers with a link/button from the app/ web portal which allows me to contact my acct manager directly with problems. If genuine issue it gets answered if general crap acct manager can repost to the general community as a safe guard against abuse of the contact system. Build a rapour as contact will always be with the same person.
Mid term. Closer links to BP services in the form of discounts, bonus scheme,loyalty point style and other incentives.
Long term. A glut of subscription services are now on the market. Tea,coffee, wash powder, shaving stuff, toilet rolls.etc etc for an extra £1 per product per month this glut of subscription products are available via PP on the same at cost basis. Ok that ones out there but would be a viable stand alone business if someone had the nerve (and money) to set it up.
Badge +2
With regards to a 'ask the team button' I think this is a great idea but perhaps it should first take you through a 'what is your message about' and then present a couple of links (to an FAQ / community post?) to see if it's already been answered. If not, the message will go to the team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yes it would have to have boundries or else the poor sole on the receiving end could be over run with idiotic requests, especially as each manager would have a minimum of 1000 clients.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Helen & Georgie,

Thanks for popping by the community for a Q&A, great to have you among us!

My question/comment is about rewards... right now as a PP member we can earn community rewards and refer a friend rewards, which is great - definitely not the reason why we choose PP but a good incentive to get involved for sure.

Does it not make sense to create a unified rewards program which is also linked to our carbon savings as a PP member? It would be awesome to see something like this on the App: "You've earned x points this month by helping our community and bringing new friends to PP" and "You've helped to cut x amount of carbon, you are a star :D"

What Im talking about is some sort of carbon footprint dashboard, below some random example just for the sake of visualisation 😛

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Good work on the thumbs 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏, I sooooooooooooo knew something was brewing as they kept fading big time in last few days 😂, it was just a pink box. Now, they’re much more defined 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏and colour coded.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Fading thumbs...eeek...sounds serious
Bev;30309:
Good work on the thumbs ������������������������������������������������������, I sooooooooooooo knew something was brewing as they kept fading big time in last few days ������, it was just a pink box. Now, they’re much more defined ������������������������������������������������and colour coded.
Having the ability to submit a single meter reading would be great. Even just being able to enter the gas reading first would be much better; I can't think of any reason, technical or otherwise, why you shouldn't be able to do so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi marrow
I agree and I've already suggested it a number of times. I think (hope) it's on the roadmap.
marrow;30394:
Having the ability to submit a single meter reading would be great. Even just being able to enter the gas reading first would be much better; I can't think of any reason, technical or otherwise, why you shouldn't be able to do so.
Hi everyone
Thanks for all these great questions! :raisinghands:
I'm going to close this thread now so that @Georgie and @HOB can respond fully - their replies will be in a new community post soon!
Hi everyone
Thanks again for taking part in this Q&A and asking so many great questions and suggestions.
Here's a link to the replies from @Georgie and @HOB
:)