Due to the global energy crisis, record high wholesale energy costs, and the restrictions placed on us by Ofgem’s Price Cap, we are unable to keep operating Pure Planet.
This is a situation which has affected 12 other supplier businesses this year and, sadly, we expect more will also go out of business. The Government and Ofgem, our regulator, expects Pure Planet to sell energy at a price much less than it currently costs to buy. This is unsustainable, so we have had to make the difficult decision to cease trading.
Under Ofgem’s safety net, all our Members are well protected. Ofgem has appointed Shell Energy as the new supplier for all Pure Planet’s Members.
Here’s what happens next for our Members:
- Shell Energy began supplying all our Members on 17 October 2021. Your energy account will be transferred to them, and there will be no interruption to your supply at all during or after the transfer.
- Shell Energy will be in touch with you in the next few days
- Any credit balance you have with us will be protected and carried over to Shell Energy
- You will be protected by the energy price cap with Shell Energy
- Once the transfer is complete, you can stay with Shell Energy or switch away without incurring any exit fees
Members can access more information about the transfer to Shell Energy on their website.
This is a well rehearsed and thoroughly tested process. If you think you need to contact us, we’d appreciate you considering whether you really need to at this time.
Due to the volume of contact we’re already seeing right now, our response times are a lot longer than we would like.
Our team is working very hard to try and get through everything, but this is a difficult time for them - please be patient and kind with all Members of our team if you are in contact with them.
Updated Monday 18 Oct
Ofgem has appointed Shell Energy as the new supplier for all Pure Planet’s Members.