News

Pure Planet is a Which? recommended energy supplier for second year running

• 25 January 2021
  • 13 replies
Pure Planet is a Which? recommended energy supplier for second year running
  • Community Manager
  • 7633 replies

Hi everyone

We’ve got some really good news to share with you.

For the second year running, Which? magazine has recommended Pure Planet as one of its top three energy suppliers.:slight_smile:

In a UK-wide survey, Which? asked more than 8,000 people to rate energy suppliers on value for money, customer service, bill accuracy and digital tools.

We achieved an overall 74% satisfaction rating plus the maximum five stars for bill accuracy and four stars for value for money, demonstrating the benefits of digital innovation and transparent pricing. 

Pure Planet also has one of the highest proportions of customers reporting a problem-free experience in the past 12 months (91%). 

We’re the only Which? recommended Provider offering 100% green electricity and 100% carbon offset gas as standard.

And the ‘Big Six’ providers – British Gas, Eon, EDF, Npower, Scottish Power and SSE (now part of OVO) – are all among the lowest rated

This means for the second year in a row Pure Planet is in the top 3 energy suppliers. 

Pure Planet - recommended by Which? for a second year running

Our co-founder Steven Day said: “We are thrilled that our customer satisfaction is among the highest of any provider – green or not. We have among the lowest number of customers experiencing problems – this is a major endorsement of our unique digital model which delivers great service and low-cost renewable energy. 

“The latest Which? rankings show that the Big Six are way off the pace, while our 100% renewable electricity and carbon offset gas is cheaper than standard variable tariffs with the Big Six.”

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nice one!!! 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Sometimes we forget that with all the flak that flies around here… 😉 

Well done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My wife spotted this online today - well done PP team 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo! Well done PP 👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sometimes we forget that with all the flak that flies around here… 😉 

Well done!

We’ve left the EU now so words with German origins are no longer allowed.:flag_de:

(or should I put that in my Flugabwehrkanone?)

Oh...and yes well done!!

Yeah… Which gave you this.. but did not rate you on customer service… cannot understand that. Really misleading and unfair

Unique Digital model… is that what you call it … outsource all the work to your customers. I do not like it and I am off

We’ve left the EU now so words with German origins are no longer allowed.:flag_de:

That’s about a quarter of the language gone then, chuck in French, Greek, and Latin and we’ve only got about 10% of ‘English’ left.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s about a quarter of the language gone then, chuck in French, Greek, and Latin and we’ve only got about 10% of ‘English’ left.

Um klarzustellen,  Ich bin ein Berliner, ich bin kein Teutophiler

Danke und gute Nacht... 

ich hole meinen Mantel

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Unique Digital model… is that what you call it … outsource all the work to your customers. I do not like it and I am off

What work is that?

If you mean reading the meters all other Energy Co’s that I know of give you the opportunity to update your readings, and if having estimated usage doesn’t matter (to many it doesn’t) you can not bother to submit and wait for a meter reader as many do.

I wish you luck wherever you may go.

I think it’s more a case of a unique comment model. (so far it is, unless someone else comes along...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah… Which gave you this.. but did not rate you on customer service… cannot understand that. Really misleading and unfair

I can't access the Which article, but it would be odd for Pure Planet to misquote it "Pure Planet also has one of the highest proportions of customers reporting a problem-free experience in the past 12 months (91%)."

Ah, but that doesn't cover customer service for those who do have a problem. Fair enough. But now I've found the Which article:

"Current customers in our survey were positive about its customer service, though we did not get enough responses in our survey to give it a star rating.

'When my smart meter stopped working, customer services dealt with it fast and they were very helpful.' Pure Planet customer

'Very good communication and prompt when I have asked them questions. However the bot is unhelpful for more complex queries.' Pure Planet customer

Pure Planet received between six and nine complaints per 1,000 customers in the six months of 2020. That's not bad, but not the fewest – other firms included in our survey had between two and 21 complaints from the same number of customers." 

Experience here on the community suggests that some people make a complaint as a means of getting attention when they can't find a phone number.

Hope that's helpful information

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@n1968ick 

hi nick

would you like to tell us what problem you had with Pure Planet and what the outcome was?

They will listen to customer feedback.

Or...is it just a matter of principle that you’re opposed them having no call centre? (which I agree is valid as it doesn’t suit everyone, particularly older customers)