News

Pure Planet initiative to help Members struggling with payments goes live following successful pilot

• 4 January 2021
  • 3 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7108 replies

Hi everyone and a very Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Some great news to share with you to kick off 2021. A pilot we ran last summer to help Members struggling with payments is now going live as a permanent part of our service.

What happens is that instead of being passed on to a debt collection agency, we work with a third party called Reach:OUT to offer support and guidance.

The aim of the initiative is to reconnect with these Members and build personalised action plans and signpost them to further support, if they want it.

The pilot last summer with 400 Pure Planet Members who’d stopped replying to emails, messages and phone calls led to more than a quarter of them setting up payment plans which worked for them. A further 18 were put in touch with debt organisations, such as our partners Stepchange.

We think more Members could benefit from this service now and the future. 

If you’d like some help with your payments please contact Member Services via WattBot in your Pure Planet app, or you can also send me or Nataly a private message and we’ll pass on your details to our team.

You may also like: How do I request an account review if I’m building up debit or credit?

3 replies

A quick update on progress so far this year.

As of end of Feb 21 we've made contact with 182 people and have arranged support and/or payment plans for them. We've also referred some to debt charities, such as @StepChange , for independent advice.

This means all these people have not had to receive any contact from debt collectors, which is great. :relaxed:

About £65k owed is now accounted for, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely hearing this 👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Excellent! 👏 👏 👏