Hot Topic

Pure Planet community - welcome, introduce youself, getting started

• Community Manager
  • 6861 replies

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! Great to have you with us. We’re Marc and Nataly, the community managers.

This is Marc.

Marc

And this is Nat.

Nataly

This is Marc's cat, Jez.

Jezebel

And this is Nataly’s cat, Smudge.

Smudge

We both seem to like cats! Marc also likes coffee and tea, trying to eat healthily, gadgets and tech stuff, and of course getting more people to switch to renewables. 

Nat’s into holidays, baking, making up for the baking in the gym(!), and rugby.

Got a question? Ask the Community for tips or to share feedback about anything Pure Planet and renewable energy. You can also help out other members by answering their questions.

We've also got sections for discussions about Joining and Switching, about smart meters and how to read them, and about refer a friend vouchers.

Want to join Pure Planet but not sure how? Check out these joining guides.

If another member answers your question, please thank them - you can reply, or give their post a thumbs-up. And if you've started a new conversation and another member gives you a fantastic reply - you can select this as the Best Answer. It's nice being nice! 

If you want to post about some new sustainable technology, events or news, head to our sustainable news and views section. You can join others’ discussions or start your own. The more the merrier.

We've also got a community rewards scheme - our way of saying thanks for taking part in the community .

Looking for a quick answer to your question? Check out the Pure Planet Community search.

Finally, we’re here to make sure you get the most out of the community. You might want to have a look at our community guides, and the Pure Planet Community house rules.

If you’ve got any issues, questions, suggestions or just want to say hello, message either of us any time directly and we can have a chat.

Now it’s your turn! Tell us a little bit about yourself, and what you’re into :grinning:

199 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just had a call back that I requested yesterday regarding a refund and a reduction in my monthly payments. 

I spoke to Ed Smith from customer services and he was brilliant. 

He dropped my bill by £10 per month and I got a £80 refund which will be paid into my bank account within 5 days.

Brilliant customers service thank you so much Ed Smith. 10 outta 10. Its so nice to know that Pure Planet look after their customers. 

Brilliant!

Badge +2

Welcome to the community @Tommowales77 

Excellent to hear you had such a positive customer service experience, bravo to Ed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Tommowales77    @KyleH 

Lovely posts and welcome to our Community 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh Tommo, what beautiful words! 👍👏👍👏👍👏👍👏Its lovely to hear such compliments, as often people forget to post the good things. I bet Ed is blushing now after your kind words😂, sounds like he did a superb job tho 👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I hope you will enjoy being part of this community, with us fellow PP members, Tommo 👍

Userlevel 3

Just had a call back that I requested yesterday regarding a refund and a reduction in my monthly payments. 

I spoke to Ed Smith from customer services and he was brilliant. 

He dropped my bill by £10 per month and I got a £80 refund which will be paid into my bank account within 5 days.

Brilliant customers service thank you so much Ed Smith. 10 outta 10. Its so nice to know that Pure Planet look after their customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A warm welcome @KyleH, great post and I’m sure you’ll be happy here (and I love Barbara Streisand, but so what...)

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the warm welcome guys it's very kind. Hope everyone is safe and well during this stressful time 😁.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Welcome to the community Kyle.👍😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Welcome Kyle, lovely to read such a positive post which echoes what the vast majority of us feel. You’ve got a lot on your plate at the moment and you are probably planning ahead to complete your Legal Practice Course so, pace yourself and good luck. 
Regards

Badge +2

Nice to meet you @KyleH

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely post Kyle and very big welcome. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh, what a lovely post, Kyle! I am sooooo pleased your experience with PP so far has been a really positive, and you’ve received such a stress free, smooth service 👍.

Great you’ve explored the forum, and found answers easily. Great to hear you love cooking! 👨🍳. We have a cookery thread in the Off Topic section, as well as baking! Do feel free to have a look, and hopefully you’ll post some of your recipes, or cooking pics! Be great to see! 

Hope you’ll be really happy in your new home 🏡, and enjoy spending time (if you find any free time whilst studying, cooking, and watching your films 😂) here in our community, with us fellow members. A very warm welcome, Kyle!

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone,

I'm Kyle, I'm a 4th year law student (yeah I know, why do that to yourself? 🤢). I am avid lover of movies and musicals (don't judge, there amazing 😂), I also greatly enioy cooking. I really should be writing a dissertation instead of this at the moment I suppose 🙄.

The reason I joined Pure Planet 💡 was that I purchased my first home at the end of last year 🎉. I was really looking for a supplier that would be environmentally friendly 🌲 and well cheap (Student life 🤷🏻‍♂️).

What didn't expect was how amazing they are, firstly the customer service was incredible. I was able to get an appointment for smart meters set up as the switch was happening thanks to the amazing Vicky, who also made the entire process stress free. Secondly, how easy it is to find an answer to any questions you have on the forum. So great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Bigholty 

hi Ian

A warm welcome (pardon the pun), why not post a photo of the chickens?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Welcome Ian, glad Chester and the chickens are cosy. 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Huge warm welcome to you, Ian! Love the comments re Chester and the 🐓🐓🐓. Cute! Hope you will enjoy exploring this community with us fellow members, and be very happy with PP 👍👏

Userlevel 2

Hi all Ian here ,

I joined PP basically because of reviews and saving money , having been with shell energy for 3 years ,  cheap fixed rate for 2 years ( to get you sign up ) then the price doubled and I complained, got a price reduction but it meant signing up for another 2 years... Which stupidly I did...I got out as soon as I found PP , I paid the expensive get out early ( nearly £100 ) fine ,to come here and have been saving money since.

The misses doesn't know who we are with, to her it's just an energy company ,but she's noticed a slightly warmer home 😁 Chester the dog and the 3 chickens that tend to come into the conservatory and sit on the underfloor heating are all very happy.

Been very happy since moving to my new energy home , people I've contacted all seem nice , seems strange having a forum to post who the customers are ,but hay ho ,hear I am and there you are .

Hey @Wads, welcome to the Community! Nice one for getting involved :grinning:

Looks like @woz has already pointed you in the right direction towards our EVs section  where I’m sure you’ll find lots of interesting discussions as well as updates about our EV pilot (latest update here), would love to hear your opinions!
It definitely sounds like you’ve got an interesting home energy setup :raised_hands:  (so you may also be interested in our All About Renewables section actually!).

Lots going on here as you can see! Looking forward to your future posts :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

Very warm welcome to you, Wads, on this cold, fierce, dark evening. Hope you’ll enjoy spending time in this lovely community, with us fellow members 👍

Thanks Bev,

Looking forward to some interesting chats with you all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Very warm welcome to you, Wads, on this cold, fierce, dark evening. Hope you’ll enjoy spending time in this lovely community, with us fellow members 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Wads welcome to the community!

have you read these?

https://community.purepla.net/electric-vehicles-and-hybrids-20/ev-subscriptions-would-you-be-interested-10530?postid=66298#post66298

https://community.purepla.net/electric-vehicles-and-hybrids-20/pure-planet-evs-pilot-call-for-members-to-help-with-new-project-9444?postid=67101#post67101

Userlevel 1

Hi Nataly/Marc, I've just signed up to PP so finding my way round all the info on Community. I would like to get involved in EV charging trials if still continuing. I have a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and Solar Panels. My current supplier installed a SMARTS2 meter last year so good to go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ha ha and thanks Bev - even makes me want to appreciate cats - cool4

• spot the emoji 
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s great to have you back our Strutty 👍👏😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OO you must be doing something wrong because for me its the best site I have encountered.

What I mean by the best site is that once you understand how the nuts and bolts work, thats the APP and or online account, this community that PP set up to support the process, review criticism, review ideas and plan timely implementations from suggestions then it can be marvellous. Ah yes the PP blog and the ability to have an open forum. And all those FaQ’s answering lots of stuff, the digital assistant that can also provides a human response.

But hey your here now, let the community assist with your problem?  Lots of members ready to assist, support and inform...go for it.. with a tad of patience...sorry not trying to wind you up.

Thats your first port of call and its monitored by PP with its 2 grand community managers...

As a fellow member I appreciate that it is a little different and but once understood its brilliant.

Have a great day from customer who joined Dec 18.

Peace