Pure Planet Community Rewards beta programme

• Community Manager
  • 6162 replies
The Pure Planet Community Rewards beta programme is our way of saying thanks for participating in the Pure Planet community. We love the community and we want to recognise members’ contributions.
We want to reward members who help others the most.

This is a beta rewards programme which will run initially for six months from June 1st, 2018. After six months we’ll have learned what you love about it, and what we could do to improve it.
We’ll award points on month to month until November 30th, 2018.
Your total points will be redeemed in December 2018.

How much are my points worth?
We like to keep things simple, so 1 point is worth 1p.
This means 100 points = £1, and 200 points = £2, and so on.

How points are calculated is top secret (so nobody can be cheeky and game it!) but the more active and helpful you are, the more you earn.

How do I earn points?
Users in our community can earn points by contributing to our community in various ways, such as creating new useful content, helping other users out by answering questions and so on.

Each month we will split our most active users into five "bands" based on your contributions to the community.

These five bands will be awarded either 100, 200, 500, 1000 or 1500 Pure Planet Community Points worth £1, £2, £5, £10 or £15 respectively.

We also have a very rare "Mystery Band" worth 2,500 points, or £25, for members who have made an outstanding contribution to the community.

Bands will be assigned each month to users based on our community performance formula.
We can’t tell you exactly how the points are distributed throughout the community (we use a top secret formula!) but, in a nutshell, the more you contribute and the more active you are, the more you will earn.

Please be aware that as our community grows, the way we distribute our rewards (not the amount) may change depending on how many people participate. This means it may get harder to reach the higher bands as clearly our rewards budget cannot be limitless.

How will I know how many points I have earned each month?
Once members have been allocated their points each for the month, we will send you a Direct Message in the community.
We may also email updates too. Part of the beta trial is to find out from the community what works best for you.

If the rewards beta trial is successful then we’ll build it into the app so all members can see how many points they’ve earned so far.

Who can take part? Do I need to be a Pure Planet member?
You don't need to be a Pure Planet member to earn community points, but you do need to be on supply with Pure Planet to redeem your points in December 2018, and turn them into a physical reward.

As well as being on supply to redeem your points, you will also need to have an active Direct Debit with us. And you won’t be able to take part if you have been banned from our community.

Can I donate my rewards to charity?
UPDATED: Yes. This option went live as from June 2020. Check out this post 👍​​​​​​​

Can I earn a zillion points by cheating?
Erm, no. We actively monitor the community and all ways to gain points. If we find evidence of artificial inflation, we will remove the points and ban users who abuse our system. Read our terms and conditions for more information.

Please earn your points the pure way.

Is there a limit to how much I can earn?
In simple terms, the more you put into the community, the more points you’re likely to earn.
But we have a strict budget, and this means that as the community grows, points will be spread over a larger base of members.
This means it may get harder to reach the same number of points.

What happens to my Pure Planet Community points if I switch to another supplier?
In order to redeem your points in December 2018 you must be on supply with us and not be in the process of switching to another supplier.

I’ve been very active in the community. Do I earn any points for my community contributions before June 1st, 2018?
While we’re not going to backdate the points, we do know that we have several members in this community who have been super-helpful over the past few months.
These members have already received a small gift to show our appreciation.

That’s it for now. Remember, the beta programme starts on June 1st, 2018. Any questions? Let’s talk about them below.

Not joined up to Pure Planet yet? Switch now to save money and feel good doing it with zero-carbon emissions. All we use is the sun, wind and water.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thats another great step by an innovative company. Keep up the great work you are all doing. My savings are really going to add up this year.and a note just for @Bev :- nomination accepted yes i will have a go at the bit about me in the community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Super fab incentive, Marc 👍👏. Really love it, to encourage (hopefully), members established or brand new, to partake in the forum 👍👏. Really smashing idea. Especially like the donating to charity, if it proves popular after the six month pilot 👍👏. It’s money members wouldn’t have had, so bet lots would like it donated, and as you say, a charity to represent the PP ethos would be ideal 👍👏.

- - - Updated - - -

Jon1;6837:
and a note just for @Bev :- nomination accepted yes i will have a go at the bit about me in the community.

🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏, soooooooo pleased to hear that Jon! Thanks so much for accepting my nomination. You’ll enjoy taking part, and members will love reading it 👏
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Great initiative! Charity or support for sustainable projects would be a lovely idea!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Nice one!
.....but will I get minus points if I'm naughty? (I'd put a smiley here but I can't work out how!)

I like the charity idea, perhaps we should have a charity nomination thread from whence a list of could eventually be made?
Minus points for being naughty @woz ?! What did you have in mind I wonder 🤔😂
Here's a thread about changing your community editing settings which includes info on using emojis
Great idea on starting a thread about which charity the community would like to support. Go for it - don't wait for me to start it!
This community is for members, I just help out where I can 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks Marc
I have started a thread asking about charities HERE
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;6885:

Here's a thread about changing your community editing settings which includes info on using emojis

Just wondering Marc, would it be easier if everyone was on the advanced screen anyway for replies and direct messaging, to save having to remember to click on Go Advanced each time, in order for the emojis to display? 🤷 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc, quick question. You say points can be earned when members help other members. Trouble is, if they help via DM, you won’t know about it. So, could I nominate Woz for a few bonus points👍😂, after he so kindly reminded me tonight, that if I have BT MAIL, I can easily add a second email address (up to ten, in fact🙀👍) for other family members in theory. So, I’ve now added a new address which means I can now sort out switching my parents over to PP!!!!!!! Proper chuffed🤪👍👏, and truly grateful to Woz 👏for reminding my little brain cells of that very easy solution! Thank you!
Hey @Bev
That's great to hear! I suspect @woz is actually a techie genius.
I'm not spilling any more beans about how community points are earned.... I've said too much already 🤫

😅
The first month's community points are out! Here's a link to the June 2018 points and community round-up if you're keen to see how many you earned?! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Just a little hypothetical question; if you build points up, say June to August, then for valid reasons may not be too active, and therefore maybe earn less points Sept til Nov, do the accumulated points still remain valid, or can you potentially lose all the rewards you’ve built up in the past? Thanks!
Hi @Bev
Good question 🆙
So let's say you earned 1,000 points in June, 500 in July and 1,000 in August. You've have 2,500 points in the bag.
Then you go to Timbuktu in September for a well earned break. But there's no wifi and so you get zero points?
When you come back in October you'd still have 2,500 points in the bag :D

Bev;11591:
Just a little hypothetical question; if you build points up, say June to August, then for valid reasons may not be too active, and therefore maybe earn less points Sept til Nov, do the accumulated points still remain valid, or can you potentially lose all the rewards you’ve built up in the past? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Oooooh I sooooooo love that, Marc! Well put LOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂, and also good to hear 👍👏. Thanks Marc! 🙃
Hello everyone this is my first post ain't this pure planet app great I can't believe how much I'm going to save and it's so easy to use no hassle at all😅👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Beautiful words, Pauly, welcome to the community 👏👍
Paulyboy;12915:
Hello everyone this is my first post ain't this pure planet app great I can't believe how much I'm going to save and it's so easy to use no hassle at all

Welcome to the community @Paulyboy
Glad you're liking it so far
Nice welcome @Bev ! ❤
It was an expensive outlay, but the Drayton Wiser System is awesome. I have a smart hub connected to my boiler and smart radiator valves that communicate with the Hub. I can set individual temperatures in each room plus three on and off per room. It has comfort mode so you don’t have to turn on your heating at 7am if you want it warm by 8am, it calculates lead time by indoor and outdoor ambient temperatures. I can access the system by App from anywhere. If I go away for a weekend with one button I can set an away mode with its own temperatures
Breezy;13023:
It was an expensive outlay, but the Drayton Wiser System is awesome. I have a smart hub connected to my boiler and smart radiator valves that communicate with the Hub. I can set individual temperatures in each room plus three on and off per room. It has comfort mode so you don’t have to turn on your heating at 7am if you want it warm by 8am, it calculates lead time by indoor and outdoor ambient temperatures. I can access the system by App from anywhere. If I go away for a weekend with one button I can set an away mode with its own temperatures

Welcome to the community @Breezy
That sounds pretty cool 🆒
Does it work for both iOS and Android? And does it integrate with HomeKit/Google Home or is separate? I like the idea of having one 'hub' which controls the heating as well as reading me the news 😉
There is an IOS and Android app. It works perfectly with Amazon Echo Alexa. I can’t say if it works with ant Google system as I can’t try this out
I have just joined today and will be switched on soon. I think the points system sounds brill 👍👍👍 heres hoping you will carry it on after December so I have a chance to build up some for me 😀😀😀😀😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Welcome to the community Rebecca.
Looking forward to you being switched on!:)
RebeccaDevon7;13891:
I have just joined today and will be switched on soon. I think the points system sounds brill heres hoping you will carry it on after December so I have a chance to build up some for me

Welcome to the community @RebeccaDevon7 :)
Yep, it seems to be pretty popular!
We'll definitely be keeping it going 🆙
Hi all im new to this community but have saved so much already just by switching from British gas and Electricity. I'm looking forward to joining in with chats and hope to do more for the environment thanks all 🤗 JaneMarie

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rebbecca
I'm also new on hear but welcome to our community 🤗.
I love helping the environment and saving money so I think pure planet is great. Such good rewards system. Hope you enjoy.
JaneMarie
JaneMarie123;13977:
Hi all im new to this community but have saved so much already just by switching from British gas and Electricity. I'm looking forward to joining in with chats and hope to do more for the environment thanks all JaneMarie

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rebbecca
I'm also new on hear but welcome to our community
I love helping the environment and saving money so I think pure planet is great. Such good rewards system. Hope you enjoy.
JaneMarie

Welcome to the community @JaneMarie123
There are some super friendly people here ❤
We've got great discussions going about sustainability as well as electric vehicles, and a fun off-topic section too.
Anything else you'd like to see? Share it with the community!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hey Marc. I clicked on the T&Cs but couldn't access them, I get a Not Found error.

https://purepla.net/source/assets/pdf/acceptable-use-policy_2018-05-17.pdf

Maybe there's an new link to them?