• 2 December 2021
  • 20 replies
Pure Planet Community highlights for November 2021 - news and talking points
  • Former Community Manager
  • 7652 replies

‘Nephew! Keep Christmas in your own way, and let me keep it in mine!’

I have decided that My Way includes a cat in a Santa hat. So here she is:

Santa Claws? (sorry, not sorry)

Ahem. So…..  it's nearly Christmas! Screams. Not again! Where has the year gone? Who’s eaten all the (mince) pies? Why, why, why must they insist on playing Slade in the Pure Planet office?

And breathe….

How about that for an intro?! Pardon me my poetic licence as I post our last Pure Planet Community round-up of 2021. Your next community highlights bulletin will appear on your screens in the mystical unknown future that is 2022. Let’s hope it’s a good one.

But not before we settle down to some Christmassy community fare, pull one anothers crackers (not like that @G4RHL :wink:) and enjoy some of the recent highlights to grace these, er, screens.

November 2021 was, of course, the month when we sent out final bills as part of the transfer of all Pure Planet Members to Shell Energy. There’s a whole bunch of community FAQs and posts with lots of information so do check ‘em out if there's anything on your mind about what happens, and when.

In fact, all the FAQs have been put into one post. A sort of super-FAQ, if you will. :smile:

We’ve also updated the app to tidy up and remove some old features no longer needed. 

The November photo challenge was all about us! Check out these beauties if you ever wanted to know what we looked like, featuring yours truly (and my cat); @Mavis1  having a quiet coffee and not at all pulling a silly face; @Scubaseahorse  and hubby enjoying some bubbly, @25 quid and his, ahem, balls; a nautical themed pic of @Antski looking rather dashing indeed; @Angelabikerbabe surrounded by her adorable family; and @Bev ever-so-slightly hidden in a hoodie.

This month’s photo challenge is all about your favourite Wintery Scenes. You can share your Winter pics in the December challenge thread.

But first, let’s enjoy that pic of @Mavis1 sensibly partaking in a coffee one more time.

Mavis1 does like a coffee

Preferring not to bare all for the cameras, shy and retiring @Strutt G opted instead to share his fav album covers. And there’s some real blasts from the past. @Bev started a nice thread about this year’s Christmas TV ads, and @Barbrajean agreed to be our member in the Pure Planet Community spotlight

As it’s now December, we can all legitimately start saying the C-word now, can’t we? Good. There’s loads of festive-themed discussions here in the Community. Some of our fav over the years include our favourite Christmas food started by @Nataly ; your one Christmas wish which was started by @woz ; and @NannyOgg ‘s tips on having an eco-friendly and sustainable Christmas

And if you’re feeling clever, how about having a go at our Christmas quiz

Given the news of Pure Planet ceasing to trade, we’re not going to do the usual points round-up in this month’s highlights. Twice a year we turn those points into rewards, as a small way of saying thanks for taking part in our Community. We’re also unable to send the rewards. But we will be emailing our Community stalwarts who’ve stuck with us and have been amazing and supportive. Look out for an email arriving in the next week or so from PP. ​​​​​​​

It’s been a sad few weeks, for sure. But we’ve been truly bowled over by the incredible support and care our Community Members have shown to one another. It really means a lot to me, @Nataly and @Mads . And whatever happens to Pure Planet in 2022 (and at this stage there are a lot of possibilities) the plan is to keep our community going for as long as we can.

:hearts:

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Beautiful.

Funny🤣, informative👍, heartfelt 💙and moving😢, all in one go 👏👏👏👏

Thank you our Marcus! THANK YOU! 

Best wishes for all your/our futures! 😘

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That was nice but sad. I hope you all get to enjoy a bit of Christmas even with all this going on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Pure Planet Team: - Simply the Best!

Badge +5

Thanks for keeping us going. Good luck for the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @Marc and @Nat and @Mads and all the PP team. All the best for the future 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Beautiful.

Funny🤣, informative👍, heartfelt 💙and moving😢, all in one go 👏👏👏👏

Thank you our Marcus! THANK YOU! 

ditto what ↑  said and 

@Marc  and to quote your cat  “it’s been a fun ride, so long and thanks for all the fish...”

(with apologies to Jezzeh, with whom I’m sure you’ll be having a conversation - just don’t show her the photo)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @Marc for that lovely round up this month, I really do appreciate that it must be hard to put all that together and remain upbeat for us. 

@Marc   @Nataly    @Mads    👍👏👍👏👍👏

...But we will be emailing our Community stalwarts who’ve stuck with us and have been amazing and supportive. Look out for an email arriving in the next week or so from PP... 

Lovely message received @Marc! Thank you to you and all the (diminishing) team at wonderful Pure Planet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you team for my lovely email. I May have had a little tear, the end is definitely in sight now. I wish you all luck and success in the future. 

Badge +5

Indeed, a big thank you. A nice start to the day. But also before this community goes under the turf, not individually I stress, a thank you to all who contribute here. I am sure we have all learned something we did not know before since joining. The mutual support and help provided has been great. Yes, we get the odd awkward, offensive poster, but they are a minority and it adds to the fun! The community mirrors the fact that the majority of humans want to help and support each other. 

Thanks to all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Totally agree Rich

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I agree Richard, until I joined PP and the community I was never as clued up on the workings of the energy industry, tariffs and switching. I have learned a lot while here and will be sorry when the rug is finally pulled out

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Gosh, I’m so behind. Thank you for that poignant roundup Marc, it can’t have been easy to type all that up.

This has been a great community and I just want to say thank you to all of you. Not many people know but back in March I had a full on nervous breakdown and it was one of the most difficult times for myself and my family. I’ve had an incalculable amount of support from so many people and I count you guys as part of that so thank you. 

Hopefully I’ll be more organised now and get in a bit more regularly, have missed you all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh @NannyOgg so sorry to hear you've been unwell.  It's lovely to see you back in the Community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It was a few months back now. I’ve only been absent recently because we’ve been busy, busy. Am much better, although I haven’t yet regained my verbal filter :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice to see you back

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Give it a week, I’ll be baking your noodle :joy:

Badge +5

Give it a week, I’ll be baking your noodle :joy:

I am certain that @Bev expects a response from me on this! I’ll refrain. ‘Nuff said, as they say! 🥖🥖

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣