Pure Planet Community highlights and points leaderboard - May 2019

• Community Manager
  • 6023 replies
Wow, there goes another month and we’re almost halfway through 2019 already!

May was another top month for the Pure Planet Community, with lots of great chat among Members as well as news of national importance.

Which brings us to the biggest talking point of the month - what’s your favourite biscuit? We’re a happy, united bunch here in the community, but the question of whether Jaffa cakes qualify as biscuits nearly came to blows…..;)

In May we announced a rate decrease thanks to falling wholesale gas prices. And we also posted how we’re going to be sending SMS text messages to thousands of Members who’ve not sent us a reading for a while, as we really want your accounts to stay on track.

Community members have been sharing tips and asking for others’ advice to help us all save energy, and money. @DutchCaerleon is looking to replace a boiler and has had some great replies on this subject from Members, and @Gwyndy wants to find the most sustainable razors for shaving. Can you recommend a brand?

If you’re interested in general eco-friendly lifestyle tips then check out this thread by fellow community manager @Nataly called 12 steps to help save the planet. We’re not all looking at how we buy stuff, of course, as tonyp is after some advice on the best sustainable charities to donate to.

Just as the dust had begun to settle on ‘biscuit-gate’, it all kicked off again with the immortal question - is it jam or cream first on scones?

Meanwhile, we had a good debate about the pros and cons of Apple and Google/Android phones, and whether supermarket loyalty cards are a good or bad thing.

Find out why @Jon1 had a shock on his day out to Wembley, who headlined the best concert that @Lenny has ever been to, and prepare to be highly impressed by this collection of trainers belonging to @Strutt G.

And it doesn’t stop there! The community’s poll supremo @Bev asked who here needs glasses and (in an completely unrelated post, we think….) who will be elected as the next Tory leader?

Last month saw the birth of a new Pure Planet Community gardening club, and we started a Q&A about our product roadmap which is your chance to ask us anything about the app, website, and more. There were some fantastic entries in the May photo challenge ‘footwear’ which was won by @David j who now gets to decide the June challenge!

Member @Gwyndy was the subject of our regular, monthly community spotlight feature, which is a chance to tell others a bit more about why you switched to Pure Planet and what you’re into - nice one @Gwyndy for taking part!

We’ve also posted a May update our smart meters pilot as we start to install more in the south of the UK. You may also have spotted that we’ve got lots of new smart meter info in our FAQs. These will of course come in really useful as more Members get a smart meter.

Finally, a shout out to top community Member @woz who last month cruised past the 3,500 posts milestone. What a legend.💪❤

Looking ahead to June 2019

It’s a big one this month!

First up, web. Our Members have been asking for web access to their accounts (not just app) and we’ve listened. We’re planning to make this live around the middle of the month. As soon as it’s out, I’ll be posting about it here of course!
Our new website will mean existing Members will be able to manage your accounts in a web browser as well as your PP app. And it also means non-Members can join on web without having to download our app.

Secondly, WattBot, our digital assistant, is getting a couple of power-ups. Thanks to everyone who’s been giving us some honest feedback about how Watt can be improved, your comments are really useful so please keep them coming.

Later this month WattBot will get a couple of handy new features - add another person’s name to your Pure Planet account, and tell Watt if your £25 Amazon voucher for referring a friend hasn’t shown up. No need to message the team anymore, WattBot will look after everything for you.

This is the start of many WattBot improvements you’ll be hearing about in the coming months. As they’re ready to go live we’ll make sure the community’s informed first.

The other big June news is, of course, that the Pure Planet Community rewards redemption window is now open!

Over the next couple of weeks community Members will get Amazon voucher codes sent to them (via email) in batches. The rewards are for community points earned from 1 December 2018 to 31 May 2019. (See below for how everyone got on in May).

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

Also coming in June is a change to our gas shipper and we’ll be going along to Fully Charged Live to chat to EV drivers about the huge benefits of switching to Pure Planet. Speaking of electric vehicles, have you seen @Lenny 's fantastic new restoration project?

Pure Planet will also be at the Festival of Nature in Bristol, so come and say hi if you’re planning on attending.

We’ll be introducing a new, fun community quiz later in June. It’s a chance to test your knowledge about how the energy industry works, lucky you!

Pure Planet Community Rewards for May 2019

As you know, each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed :)

Band One - 1,500 points: @Strutt G; @woz; @Bev; @Duppy; @Jon1; @David j; @stephenrand

Band Two - 1,000 points: @Angelabikerbabe; @Lenny; @Scubaseahorse; @Gray4276; @Gwyndy; @Jowl; @NannyOgg; @DutchCaerleon; @talldave; @georginabutcher; @MrSmart

Band Three - 500 points: @Time; @Jenam93; @ahmedhas; @schase; @jelockwood; @Bantam; @Daspy; @LeonardW; @Michaju98; @Kniterella; @Clairemc; @Chris H; @Buck Rogers; @G4RHL; @Everyman1947; @JennyR68; @Spike @Gabolino

Band Four - 200 points: @Danandsamy; @asaris; @Tricia 007; @Peterw0163; @milliedog1; @tonyp; @Sadruth; @Whoameye; @Sheps; @Blackadder; @fleebleflam; @Monrax; @Callie24; @Boatie70; @Doc Richard; @Pigsy10; @Johnxholland; @Fatah786; @richard brear; @Varinder; @mark2410; @Alan Bevan

Band Five - 100 points: @Revz; @P40LGG; @ian1969uk; @Martin Allen; @justjenjen; @Rayander; @Colinj; @Crazybunnylady; @dc8431; @Sheila B; @Cafcaf1975; @jonw; @LizS; @Shortfuse; @Narindersyal; @BowbieLoll; @TimN; @robertlgray; @Umut deniz turan; @Ray; @troosers; @sha86zad; @Jerry Collins; @Melsen; @The Thinker; @StephenJW

Mystery Band - worth 2,500 points. This month our mystery band winner is @Lenny for taking the time to join us on a visit to a solar farm. And for asking some great questions on the day too.:D

That’s it for the May 2019 community highlights round-up. Thanks for checking it out! :raisinghands:🆙

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Absolutely love this each month 👍👏, the generosity of PP never fails to astound me. Truly mean that 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏.

Well done Lenny 👍👏👏👏👏, very well deserved.

Fab summary, Marc, as always 👍👏👏👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So newsy @Marc. Such a lot going on at the moment. Many thanks for sharing that with us all.
Hey everyone,

Where can I find current running total.....??
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I didn't think there was ever a "running total" for points, a bit like premium bonds...but without the random element and with smaller prizes...
Gray4276;30497:
Hey everyone,

Where can I find current running total.....??
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Why not just wait and see? Then anything received is a delightful, unexpected bonus 👏👏👏👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Here is a section of the rewards program update December 2018

How will I know how many points I have earned each month?
Once members have been allocated their points each for the month, we will send you a Direct Message in the community.
We’re also planning to build it into the app so all members can see how many points they’ve earned so far..

I don't think it has been acted on though, but as Bev says it will be a nice surprise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha, that's what I wanted to say, but the wrong words came out in the wrong order...
Bev;30511:
Why not just wait and see? Then anything received is a delightful, unexpected bonus ������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Another fantastic round up Marc.
:foldedhands:🆙;)
​cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Another great month with some interesting things on the horizon. All looking good so keep up the great work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes I agree @Bev, that's half the fun of it.

Bev;30511:
Why not just wait and see? Then anything received is a delightful, unexpected bonus ������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Comprehensive roundup, lots happening and very positive - well done Lenny 👍👍
Am I the only one who reads the round-up and realises just how many threads have somehow passed me by?
Badge
Gwyndy;30577:
Am I the only one who reads the round-up and realises just how many threads have somehow passed me by?

Nope, the round up helps me too for sure!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for the points and mention marc, onwards and upwards for the community!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Gwyndy;30577:

​Thats where the Pinkys come in Gwyndy. The pink exclamation marks on each thread when you come online, shows you new posts that you've yet to read 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Alot passed me by too Gwyndy . Especially the 'off topic' ones.
don't have any notifications for these ones.
Gwyndy;30577:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
There’s some good stuff in Off Topic Ange 👍👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yeah Bev, i spent about 3 hours yesterday going through it all 🆙
Bev;30659:
There’s some good stuff in Off Topic Ange ������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi all,
I have just received my Amazon vouchers from the community rewards scheme.
Thanks @Marc and the PP team
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Same Duppy 👍. Such wonderful generosity 👏👏👏. MASSIVE Thank You goes to Marc, Nat and the PP team 👍👍👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Received my vouchers today, BIG thanks to @Marc, @Nataly and all at PP. It's great to be part of the 'Adventure'
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Everyone's a winner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgZZXbx9Cds
Thank you PP team. This voucher will be used to convert one standard radiator valve into a time-based TRV :foldedhands:💪:D