Pure Planet Community highlights and points leaderboard - July 2019

• 1 August 2019
  • 7 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6033 replies
Hi everyone

It’s another bumper edition of the monthly Pure Planet Community highlights and points!

July 2019 - what a scorcher! The UK baked, England won some cricket games (just about), and we all welcomed a new Prime Minister. ;)

The sunny weather in July made it perfect timing for a community Q&A about solar power, suggested by @Lenny in the community’s ideas board. The ideas board is a place for members to suggest new features for PP to look into. For now it’s invite-only, just send me a DM if you’d like to take a look.

Ideas board posts from @woz which were implemented in July include some FAQs about how the Direct Debits reviews work; what to do if the PP account holder passes away; and what happens if your meter’s replaced.

A special shout out to @woz this month, for passing the 4,000-post milestone! Amazing stuff. :raisinghands: Recent highlights include a poll about how we peel bananas, and also nice one for creating a new poetry corner of the Pure Planet Community, which already features some gems from @Bev and @schase.

Members are looking for some energy-saving tips and have been getting some really helpful replies in the community. Can you help too? @Bobinogs75 is look for ways to reduce electricity usage; as is @Stu the Energy Saver who thinks magnets could be the answer. Meanwhile, @Ange is after some advice on disposing asbestos, and @DutchCaerleon posted a fantastic guide to get a ‘smart’ home up and running.

July was a popular month for the foodies among us. The soaring temperatures inspired a poll about the best ice creams of all time, and there are some brilliant puns in this game of inserting food into film titles…. 😂

Last month our member in the community spotlight was @stephenrand - check out this fascinating post about Stephen, including why he can often be seen delivering homemade cakes to new residents where he lives!
If you’re into healthy living you should have a look at this great new thread called ‘Healthy Bodies’, started by @Bev. And the winner of July’s monthly photo challenge is @Oakbank who posted this great pic of a sunset over a Scottish island.

As the July winner @Oakbank now has the honour (!) of choosing the theme of August’s photo challenge. The topic is ‘Human Powered Transport’.

A big thanks to @NannyOgg for starting and maintaining this amazing collection of links to websites which support renewables and sell sustainable goods.

In Pure Planet news, we welcomed new digital marketing intern @sarachilton who joins us for the next six months, and bid farewell and good luck to @Sam Donoghue who’s heading back to uni after a well-deserved summer holiday.

Our pilot of second generation smart meters continues. We’ve found an issue affecting some In-Home Displays which means they’re not all showing gas usage. It’s a bug affecting most new SMETS2 installs in the North - keep an eye on this post in the community’s Smart Meters section as we’re hopeful of a fix very soon.
We also posted some new info about smart meters eligibility for anyone who’s registered their interest in getting a smart meter but hasn’t heard back yet.

We’ve created a new Payments and Billing section of the community. As our Membership grows, so does the number of posts and threads here, so we’ll keep adding more sections so it’s easier to find the info you’re looking for.

Finally, in July we flew past the 23,000 community members milestone, which is fantastic. So a big welcome to all our new Members, including @Sophie Star and @Dorothy who said hi in our introduce yourself thread, and also to @Knobby @Chris Hudson @Gunyon @PaulRob @Deb8910 @Erika123 @mylespenny @Beaufort @Mish1 @Granby - nice one for getting stuck in!

Looking ahead to August 2019

We’ve got a busy month planned, with lots of new stuff coming.🆙

Our co-founder and CEO Andrew Ralston is going to be in the community answering questions from Members. So if there’s anything you’ve been wanting to know about Pure Planet and renewable energy, now’s your chance. Look out for a new post called ‘Ask Andrew Anything’ coming to the community soon. We did the same Q&A with Andrew last year and it was really popular.

We’ll soon be kicking off some work into Direct Debit reviews. The aim is to give you new tools in your account to request changes to DD payments. I’ll be posting soon in the community’s Testing and Feedback section about what we’ve got in mind. It’ll be fantastic to get as much feedback and suggestions as possible from community members.:foldedhands:

In the community itself, we’re testing out a new text editor this month. This will improve the experience of posting in the community, especially when adding photos and emojis.:rolleyes:

Pure Planet Community rewards for July 2019

As you know, each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed.

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz @Jon1 @Bev @Duppy @Gray4276 @stephenrand @Angelabikerbabe @David j

Band Two - 1,000 points: @Strutt G @Jowl @Scubaseahorse @talldave @schase @Sophie Star @ChrisH @NannyOgg

Band Three - 500 points: @X Driver @Gwyndy @DutchCaerleon @Lenny @Oakbank @Pigsy10 @jelockwood @Devachnid @Daspy @Gabolino @ahmedhas @25 quid @G4RHL @MrSmart @JennyR68 @Jayman @Granby @Ange @Time

Band Four - 200 points: @GeoffM @PaulRob @Suz @Simoon @KevinandSylvie @mylespenny @Spike @Erika123 @PALLION @LizLou62 @Vanitarium @Bentley @Knobby @Llewelyn @jeako0505 @d76d4dp @JamesSusan @Dorothy @Jenam93 @Nicolae @georginabutcher @cp3265

Band Five - 100 points: @nakhudapol @Deb8910 @Baindo1 @ScoobyChris @Jholding @Andypaisley @roberttaylor1999 @stanimir @Ol and Chris @Allan42 @Dadioglasgow @fArtMeter @Ads20000 @Chris Hudson @Bantam @Terry10 @Steve0 @Beaufort @Max001 @gauravgupta1852 @leedelph @Sean192 @Yan @Lih En Tee @manicseagull @Mish1 @ConcernedUser @MichaelOfHighwray @Stu66 @josleepy @Maz123 @Paulhatherell @Chaemini @Dannyp5745 @Stu the Energy Saver @richard brear

Mystery band - worth 2,500 points. This month our mystery band winner is @Gray4276 for his helpful (and persistent) feedback which meant we were able to find a Membership Fee bug affecting a small number of our Members.

That’s it for the July 2019 community highlights round-up. Thanks for checking it out!
:o

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A fantastic read as always @Marc. Many Thanks to you and @Nataly 😉
Wonderful update once again 👍 fantastic seeing so many people "getting involved" within our great Community.
💪👏👍😎🖖🤘
Great update Marc, but it does sadly mean that I'll be departing PP today :(

I thought it was just worth sharing in the Community just how wonderful this placement has been for me. I've had a brilliant time, and it's going to be really tough leaving. I've really enjoyed jumping in some conversations and chatting with you guys, and I'm happy to be leaving you in the capable hands of @sarachilton, who, as you may know is taking over from me.

I'm off relaxing for a few weeks now, and then it's back to Uni for my final year! I'll be sure to keep the PP team updated with how I'm getting on.

Thanks again, it's been a pleasure ❤

Sam
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I sooooooo love this each month 👍👍👍👍👍👍. Sooooo interesting reading a summary of all that’s gone on. A lot of work goes into the write up, I’m certain 👏👏👏. Smashing read 👍, and such generosity 🙌👏👏👏. Thank you 🎉

PS Hope everything goes well for you in your final year, Sam 👨*🎓👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's all very well, but did they show you what to do with the Bisto?
​Good luck!
Sam Donoghue;34458:
Great update Marc, but it does sadly mean that I'll be departing PP today :(

I thought it was just worth sharing in the Community just how wonderful this placement has been for me. I've had a brilliant time, and it's going to be really tough leaving. I've really enjoyed jumping in some conversations and chatting with you guys, and I'm happy to be leaving you in the capable hands of @sarachilton, who, as you may know is taking over from me.

I'm off relaxing for a few weeks now, and then it's back to Uni for my final year! I'll be sure to keep the PP team updated with how I'm getting on.

Thanks again, it's been a pleasure ❤

Sam
woz;34512:
That's all very well, but did they show you what to do with the Bisto?
​Good luck!

It took me a while @woz
But then it hit me. Here at PP HQ we've got Bisto next to the biscuits. And nobody knows why :eek:
Good read - need to start posting more 🙂