Pure Planet Community - exciting team update!

Hi everyone, 

We have some news for you all! Excited to let you know we have a new Community manager joining myself and @Marc:green_heart:

Introducing @Mads, who’ll be helping us here in the Community. We have a fast-paced, caring and knowledgeable Community that we’re really proud of, so we’re really happy to welcome her to the team as we continue to grow - it’s definitely exciting times at PP with plenty of big announcements! What better time is there to join the Community. :smile:  

I know she’s excited to meet you all, so now over to @Mads...

21 replies

Hello everyone :smiley:

It’s lovely to meet you all, thank you @Nataly for the intro.  

I’ve been working at Pure Planet for 7 months now helping out in different teams. Working in the Community was always a dream for me, a dream that has now come true! 

I’m really happy to be here and I’m excited to get to know you all. I’m looking forward to getting stuck in and supporting the community to continue to thrive! I am passionate about showing our planet some love (as I am sure is a given), so I also look forward to exchanging tips and tricks on how to live sustainably. :earth_americas:

Outside of work, I love working with children, cooking, going on nice walks and listening (and singing badly) to music. I have a gorgeous nephew and one of our favorite things to do is build spaceships out of old cardboard boxes. I also take deep pride in my beautiful house plants, I spend a lot of time catering to their needs! 

My house plants :)

My favourite cuisine to cook and eat is Italian. I’m a big Arsenal supporter (I know this isn’t something to shout from the rooftops or be particularly proud of at the moment)! My dad started taking me to the games with him when I was 5, therefore it’s been a part of my life for a long time now!

I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

Mads :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome @Mads I'm sure your dream come true job will be great fun.  I'll bet @Marc and @Nataly will really appreciate your help keeping us lot under control 😊😊😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome!! We'll try to be kind... even helpful!!

Others will greet you with emojis, that's too difficult for me…

Warmest greetings

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Mads 

Welcome aboard (piping you in now...), is it short for Madelaine? we’re a curious lot here…

Just a warning about your Monstera, we planted ours outside, it’s now 10 feet tall and it regularly strangles and eats passers by...we’ve lost quite a few people…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome @Mads . Hope you like and enjoy your new job here at the community. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

👍👍👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Welcome, @Mads, to this bin of loonies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was prepared to write you a whole welcome post in Danish until I saw your photo and decided that you might not be from Denmark :wink:

Welcome, @Mads, to this bin of loonies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No idea what you’re taking about @schase :grin: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome mads :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Mads,

Big welcome from a Spurs (not that serious) not so suffering fan living with a Liverpool supporter who's school was right next door to Upton Park, and lived close by to the old Hammers Ground. Anyway we love all Italian and have been having Pasta Saturdays since lock down. Lovely opening and really like the house plants. Good luck and looking forward to your future posts.  

Good luck luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Very warm welcome, Mads! Seems just two minutes when Marc was joining as the solo manager of the community😳, at the same time as I switched to PP. As the community grew, Nat was introduced to the team👍. Now, the community just gets bigger and bigger, and at 50,000 members, it gives yourself this fab opportunity to become part of the team! Soooo lovely to hear it’s been a job you’ve really dreamt of doing 👍👏👏👏, I always think if you love your job and really really want to be doing it, the days just fly by, and it doesn’t even feel like “work”. 

Like yourself, and our Strutty, I too love cooking. We have a little fun thread for all our recipes or photos, it’s just for fun, can be as basic as you like, but a way of sharing what we’ve made, cooked or prepared. Our Nat has recently started a little baking thread too, for cakes, biscuits, and breads🍰🍩🍪🥐🍞🥖. 

Yeah, I’m the opposite of Stephen, in that I LOVE emojis 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👏, and like to use them in the fun off topics. I hope you will settle in really well, Mads, and love the community as much as we all do 👍👋

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :smiley:

Big welcome from a Spurs (not that serious) not so suffering fan living with a Liverpool supporter who's school was right next door to Upton Park, and lived close by to the old Hammers Ground.

Oh no, have we got a rivalry on our hands haha!

Like yourself, and our Strutty, I too love cooking. We have a little fun thread for all our recipes or photos, it’s just for fun, can be as basic as you like, but a way of sharing what we’ve made, cooked or prepared. Our Nat has recently started a little baking thread too, for cakes, biscuits, and breads🍰🍩🍪🥐🍞🥖. 

Thank you for flagging that @Bev, I’ll definitely be getting involved with that! :spaghetti:

Welcome aboard (piping you in now...), is it short for Madelaine? we’re a curious lot here…

Just a warning about your Monstera, we planted ours outside, it’s now 10 feet tall and it regularly strangles and eats passers by...we’ve lost quite a few people…

Very close, it's Madeleine, with the triple ‘e’! Oh dear, I will keep an eye on mine, hopefully it doesn’t eat my housemate when he doesn’t clean the dishes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome, @Mads, to this bin of loonies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No idea what you’re taking about @schase :grin: 

I think this is a collective noun issue, is it an asylum of loonies?

(Disclaimer: I’m in no way endorsing the political incorrectness of discriminatory categorisation.)

Badge +2

A warm welcome to you Mads 🤗🤗

Hahahah this emoji pops up when I typed Mads 😠

How brave are you coming over to the dark side !!

Love the plants 🪴😍 by the way.

You'll find we'll have your back right from the start and are fiercely protective of our crazy community.  

Please send me the bin of loonies, I like collecting foreign coins.

Welcome to our occasionally happy throng @Mads 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Mads ,

A warm welcome aboard the good ship insanity from Liverpool. I was brought up in a Man United house but then I’m not actually a Scouser so we’re all good …. it just doesn’t get talked about with my die hard Liverpool hubby. 

My favourite cuisine is frankly anything I manage to make edible. This is also not a topic of conversation allowed in our household.

We have one crazy ass 7 month old choc lab and two even more crazy ass kids. If you love working with kids please feel free to borrow mine for a week … ppllleeeeeeeeeeaasssseeeee!!!!!

@woz , you have me absolutely howling, so funny.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Mads

Do you remember I warned you about that monstera plant?

Well here is ours, I think it’s grown by more than a foot in the last month! 

It was once an indoor plant that looked like yours.

Thank you so much @LUCKY JO for the very warm welcome! 

Oh gosh sounds like you’ve got your hands full @NannyOgg, I’m not sure you’ve sold it to me there, maybe I will just take the dog! :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you so much @LUCKY JO for the very warm welcome! 

Oh gosh sounds like you’ve got your hands full @NannyOgg, I’m not sure you’ve sold it to me there, maybe I will just take the dog! :smile:

I’d really rather you took the kids. Cookie doesn’t answer back, she just eats her bed! 

Wow @woz what a beauty! Blooming massive, I’d love to have one outdoors like that when I finally live in a flat with a garden!

Very close, it's Madeleine, with the triple ‘e’!

Eee, that’s a reeet grand name! ♻️ No joke is too tenuous! 🪴

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍