Pure Planet Community design refresh - will be offline for 90 minutes for update

• 28 January 2019
  • 11 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7633 replies
Hi everyone

Exciting news! The Pure Planet Community is getting a homepage design refresh this week.

Thanks to Members who helped out with our designs by giving feedback and making suggestions.:foldedhands:

On Wednesday (30 January) the community will be taken offline from 10am and won’t be accessible for about 90 minutes while the work is carried out.

The new community homepage will be clearer, with bolder fonts and bigger images. There’ll be more opportunities to promote Members’ conversations, polls and photos, as well as the latest updates from the Pure Planet team.

The new design's got a more prominent welcome, and the mobile version has a much improved new menu which can be accessed in the top-right.

In the same platform release we’ve got a few more improvements and bug fixes too, including:

- Fix for the bug affecting photo uploads

- Latest post links on the community homepage will go to latest post, not the first post, in a thread

- Best Answer ticks will be changed from pink to green, so that they stand out more

- The grey loading screen when you first open the community from your app is finally being axed

- You’ll be able to search by a specific section. You can do this by tapping on ‘search forum’ at the top of each section. For a community-wide search, just use the usual search bar at the top of every page.

That’s it for now. If anything changes between now and Wednesday morning I’ll update you here. :up:

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the new 'look' ☺️
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Bring it on 🥳🥳
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Love the new look 👍👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Can you bring back the preview post option, it's useful for checking format and spelling.
Hi @Duppy
The preview option is still there.
When creating a new thread you'll see it right under the text box.
When replying to another post you need to click/tap on 'go advanced' first to see it.
Can you give that a try to be sure it's working OK for you? 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;23853:
Hi @Duppy
The preview option is still there.
When creating a new thread you'll see it right under the text box.
When replying to another post you need to click/tap on 'go advanced' first to see it.
Can you give that a try to be sure it's working OK for you? 🆙

Hi @ Marc, I see what you mean, but it doesn't seem to be available in quick reply box which is the one I have been using
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi duppy
it is there if you select the “go advanced” in quick reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi @ Woz, it looks like it's one of those"desktop site " anomalies that occurred in the "following threads" thread, must be my phone

- - - Updated - - -

Here are screenshots of pages with and without desktop site mode. As you can see "Go advanced " is not available in normal view.
Duppy;23888:
Hi @ Woz, it looks like it's one of those"desktop site " anomalies that occurred in the "following threads" thread, must be my phone

- - - Updated - - -

Here are screenshots of pages with and without desktop site mode. As you can see "Go advanced " is not available in normal view.

Hi @Duppy
I'm typing this on mobile and can see that there is no preview option if you start typing in the 'quick reply' box.
If you tap on the pink 'reply button' the preview option is there 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;24029:
Hi @Duppy
I'm typing this on mobile and can see that there is no preview option if you start typing in the 'quick reply' box.
If you tap on the pink 'reply button' the preview option is there 😃

Yes it is there, I usually use the quick reply as it doesn't include the quotes, I am pretty sure it used to. Never mind, I will change the way I reply to some posts. Thanks
Good stuff @Duppy
Yep, quick reply doesn't have it, that's by design.
It does make sense I think. If my aim is a quick reply then I don't want to faff with previews and all that. If my reply is going to be more.... considered, then I'll use preview. 🙂