News

Pure Planet Community celebrates 50,000 registered Members!

Pure Planet Community celebrates 50,000 registered Members!
  • Community Manager
  • 7108 replies

Hi everyone

Some exciting news to share!

If you hadn’t spotted yet, we’ve just arrived at the amazing milestone of 50,000 Pure Planet Community registrations! :blush:

To mark this news, we’d like to say a massive thank you to all our wonderful Members who’ve made this community the safe, fun and always interesting place that it has grown to become.

We love the fun, the banter, the amazing photos and above all the genuine kindness our community Members give to one another.

Let’s celebrate this 50k milestone

Before the Covid-19 pandemic, we used to enjoy hosting community get-togethers at the Pure Planet office in Bath. While we still can’t get these back up and running just yet, we’d really love to arrange an informal online meet-up to say thanks for being part of the community, and also to share some of our plans.

If you’re a little shy about joining by video, please don’t worry as cameras are optional! By all means keep them turned off during the meet-up, if you prefer. 

We’d love to get some of our community ‘regulars’ along, as well as some newbies!

On the call, which we think will be about 90 minutes, tops, we’ll be able to update you on our plans for the Pure Planet app, what we’ll be offering EV drivers, and some ideas we’ve got for what we can do as a community to mark the UN climate change summit taking place in the UK in November.

We also want to talk a bit about some of the features we’ve got in the pipeline for the community platform itself. It’s also a chance for Members to make suggestions for new topic areas you think the community should include.

And, most importantly of all, we’ll be handing out some community awards. Yes, awards! So dust off your tuxedos and best ball gowns everyone!! :wink:

Gives us a thumbs-up or a comment in the replies below to let us know if you’re up for it, and we can start to think about dates. :thumbsup:

52 replies

Yeah, well done!

A virtual after-party sounds good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How lovely, I wonder who the 50,000th member was, they won’t even know they have achieved this great milestone 👍👍👍👏👏👏. Gosh I remember joining the community, and it was nowhere near that amount of members, it’s just gone from strength to strength hasn’t it! 😳👍👏👏👏. And that’s not automatic either, as it’s a separate entity from switching to PP, so numbers could go up and down for the community itself. Excellent.

I’ve just realised the GIF has a ‘happy new year’ sign in it…. Doh! Oh well, no harm I guess! Happy new year everyone :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Didn’t like to say our Marc 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Does the 50,000th registration get free energy for a year!!??

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Congratulations PP  👏

What a fantastic idea, I'm up for that! PARRRRTEYYYY!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does the 50,000th registration get free energy for a year!!??

It’s funny actually, cos that’s just reminded me of when I was working on a new programme for patients with diabetes, and the participants volunteered for it, just like we do here really, and contributed etc, but obviously real life, not virtual. Then when we reached, I think it was the 1000th patient, to attend the course, we had an open day. I presented the 1000th lady with a bottle of Champagne 🥂🍾and a gift voucher, she was thrilled. BUT the lady was actually the 995th member, but I never told anyone 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, she was just too too lovely not to win 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Owww, our @Bev — slightly cooking the books there! 🤣

You should be in government! What was Nº1000 like?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m such an honest person too, I didn’t truly wanna do it, but it was sooooooo all my baby from day one, so everything was left to me, so it wasn’t really dishonest, just a little tweak of the order 😁😁😁😁😁😁👍

LOL re  what was Number 1000 like! Usual lay member, ya know 😴

I’ll be there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks everyone for making this Community such a vibrant place to be. :blush:

You are feeling sleepy, very sleepy

Just seen the image attached to this post.

How come you’re saying the temperature is just 50 degrees above absolute zero?? Bit chilly for a celebration!

Oh hang on. Maybe you meant thousand (k) rather than temperature Kelvin (K)? 😩

Don’t give me that “Oh, the whole thing is in shouty capitals, therefore it’s OK to misrepresent an SI unit” excuse… 😝

And don’t even get me started on why the forum picked this thread to turn my beautiful emojis into mere childish graphical misrepresentations of themselves! 🤯

Oh that’s better… 😌

Or no crazy scenes! The monster has returned. 👹

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hand, arse. In. 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even my ogre is not safe from the blasphemy 🛐

Even the church is no refuge ♻️

Finally, my recycled rants are safe from abuse… #quitwhilstahead.

No wait, what corruption through yonder thread breaks? Even the recycle symbol is rendered as just a shadow of its true glory. Is nothing sacred?? :- /

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

None of this would of been possible without wattBot. Our non Binary cigar smoking legs on the table champagne drinking world dominating buddy.

Splendid news PP this community is strong!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

50,000! 

and looking back

So you’ve gained 25,000 members in around about a year? 

That’s impressive!

I’m up for it (depending on what “it”is)

@25 quid 

in celebration of your post above I’m going to use the units of KwH in my future posts.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Brilliant news

@25 quid

in celebration of your post above I’m going to use the units of KwH in my future posts.

Wot’s a Kelvin willy hunt?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣