Pure Planet app update - version 7.7.19 is now ready to download

• Community Manager
  • 7633 replies

A new version of the app for both Android phones and iPhones has been released.

Download version 7.7.19 now from the App Store or from Google Play to get the latest improvements and bug fixes.

The update app includes these changes:

- Day and night Economy 7 meter reads will no longer display wrong readings
- Fix for the link to the T&Cs page from the community login email
- Fix for ‘overlap’ on energy wheels for iPhone 7 users

Thanks again for the feedback on the app. It's really appreciated.

Update 26th June: Thanks to the feedback from members - if you are running an older phone or tablet with iOS9 which will not update to iOS10, there will be a further update to the app to come in the next few days.

Update 4th July: Our tech team are expecting the updated iOS app to start appearing in the App Store today. This will restore support for Members with devices that run on iOS9.
It won't appear in the App Store at the same time for everyone. This is because the App Store is supported by different servers. So some Members will see it before others.

14 replies

Hi Marc,
Downloaded and installed IPhone 7, on the latest Apple release, all working correctly,
Tim
Good Evening - I tried to send you (as requested by you) my latest gas and electricity meter readings, but when I tried to open the app on my iPad as normal, the app asked me to update the latest version which I made several attempts to do, but without success. As of at the moment, I am not able to send you my meter readings which are due very soon as the Pure Planet app is non functional.

I will give you my latest meter readings here instead as this is the only alternative way that I can think of to get the readings to you before this month's deadline.

GAS: 22572
ELECTRICITY: 04257
planetmoke;7509:
Good Evening - I tried to send you (as requested by you) my latest gas and electricity meter readings, but when I tried to open the app on my iPad as normal, the app asked me to update the latest version which I made several attempts to do, but without success. As of at the moment, I am not able to send you my meter readings which are due very soon as the Pure Planet app is non functional.

What kind of iPad do you have @planetmoke? Which number, I mean.
And, also, which version of iOS is it running?
Hi Marc - ok, first of all my iPAD is VERY OLD - probably about 7 years ago I purchased it! The model number is A1396. I understand that there were 3 versions of this model, and mine is the middle one! It's running on ios9. something or other. Because of the age of the model it won't allow me to update it beyond ios9. My iPad works perfectly well on everything else, although it is slowing down a bit, but I may decide to do a 'return to factory settings' to speed everything up a bit. I have to tell you now that I'm not prepared to spend hundreds of pounds buying a new iPad just to ensure that your app works. So please would you let me know an alternative method to pass on my monthly meter readings to 'Pure Planet'? Thanks for your response. I don't possess an iPhone/Smartphone and am not intending to purchase one either. I just have an ordinary phone (not smartphone) that makes phone calls and text messages where internet access is not possible of course with that.
Hi @planetmoke
Thanks for this.
Our app runs on iOS9 but thanks to your feedback and other members too, we've found that the settings are being overwritten by Apple's software development kit (SDK). What the SDK does is give developers like us access to areas of smart phones. And it also sets rules.

Anyway the short answer is that we'll be submitting an app update this week to restore support for iOS9.

Hope that helps. Look out for the app update in the next 48 hours or so 🙂
When is the version that runs on ios 9 available. You said a few days but I still do not have a version in the app store where I can upload my meter readings.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify that. When I open the app it says "The Pure Planet app has been updated. Please tap below for latest version." etc. If I tap 'update now' it won't update because the version in the app store requires ios 10. So I can't currently use it at all.
@nisugden - exactly the same problem that I am having. Still awaiting the update for ios9 iPads. At the moment, I have sent Marc my readings included in one of my posts above. It looks like Marc has entered them for me manually as I went to check (using a friend's ios11 iPad) and they have appeared as updated in my account.
Hi @planetmoke and @nisugden
Just to let you know that our tech team are expecting the updated iOS app to start appearing in the App Store today.
This will restore support for devices that run on iOS9. :up:

It won't appear in the App Store at the same time for everyone, because the App Store is supported by different servers.
So some Members will see it before others.
What is the minium android requirement for the pure planet app version 7.7.9? I'm running android 5.1.1. I get the pure planet image when I open it but no task bar at the top. Rebooting didn't help. Thanks!
OK, nice to know it worked and I did think of doing that myself after seeing you had done it. However, I was wary of posting my own gas and electric readings on a public forum in case hackers used the information to take control of my meters. Anyway the app has updated for me and is all working OK again now.
nisugden;8055:
the app has updated for me and is all working OK again now.

Great to hear @nisugden 🆙:)
Hi @hrzg123
Good question
Android v5.0 (Lollipop) or above. What make of phone is it?

hrzg123;8023:
What is the minium android requirement for the pure planet app version 7.7.9? I'm running android 5.1.1. I get the pure planet image when I open it but no task bar at the top. Rebooting didn't help. Thanks!
My phone is a Huawei Y6. However, I solved the problem by using my tablet instead which is on android 7.1.1 (if I remember correctly). Thanks!
Excellent! Nice one @hrzg123 :)

hrzg123;8123:
My phone is a Huawei Y6. However, I solved the problem by using my tablet instead which is on android 7.1.1 (if I remember correctly). Thanks!