Pure Planet app displaying server error

Hi everyone, 

We just wanted to let you know we’re currently an investigating an issue with the Pure Planet app displaying the incorrect error screen. 

Following a major app release today (Monday 21 June), it’s displaying a ‘server error’. It should be displaying a message that you need to update your app to the latest version. 

To be able to access your app, you can go to the App Store or Google Play store to update it directly.

If you’re unable to do that, you can still access your account and get in touch with us by logging in to your online account at purepla.net

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this. 

Update Tues 22 June

Unfortunately, we’re unable to make any changes to the message that’s being displayed.

What that means is, you’ll continue to see the ‘server error’ page until your app has been updated. 

The best thing to do is head to your App Store or Play Store to download the latest app - version 9.0.0. 

Our website is also available if you need to access your account in the meantime. :thumbsup:

Update Thurs 24 June

It looks like we’ve got a pretty good % of Members now on the new/latest version of the app. We’ve also added a message to the Pure Planet website which looks like this:

Pure Planet website message about seeing server error

More updates to follow! 

91 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

I don't have the update available to me in the Play Store yet, I can see there's an update in the PlayStore search page but the update option just doesn't appear on the app page.

I don't have the update available to me in the Play Store yet, I can see there's an update in the PlayStore search page but the update option just doesn't appear on the app page.

Hi @Antski 

That’s odd. I wonder if deleting the app and reinstalling it from the Google Play Store will do the trick?

Sounds like you’re tantalising close to the finish line there @Antski... 

Hi @Antski 

That’s odd. I wonder if deleting the app and reinstalling it from the Google Play Store will do the trick?

Sound like @Antski’s  App Store hasn’t fully propagated the new release yet. I’d say sit tight and check the App Store in a few hours...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am getting the error page.  Unable to use the App.  Have uninstalled and installed the update, but not working for me.

Patience young Jedi, patience. It will come to your App Store soon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

At least you’re still here, our Scubes 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m getting a lot of freezing with the new update. Think it deffo must be my older device, altho shouldn’t be really, but may clear itself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Logged in through the website.  This is what the app is showing.........

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah that’s what I got til 1700hrs our Scube, so went to the App Store, but no update was showing. So then did search for PP in the App Store, checked it was version 9, and updated that way. 

Userlevel 3

@Scubaseahorse what version of the app are you using? I was getting exactly the screen you are getting on the old app (which may be the same in the new app so what I’m about to say may be pointless) and on the face of it the app update wasn’t available to me in the Play Store. I navigated as follows to update:

Open the Play Store

Click your user icon

Go into “Manage apps and Device”

Click the “Manage” tab

Click “Updates Available”

Click “Check for updates” (if the update is not already showing)

For me several updates appeared including the new Pure Planet app. Looking at the details of the app, it’s version 9.0.0.

Play Store tells me app was last updated 28th May, and is version 8.20.6

This is not a very good advertisement for using Pure Planet when you tell us ‘Everything’s better in the App.’

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Vazzer you're a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks for your help.  I've managed to do an update the way you suggested. 

BUT . WHERE . IS . THE . COMMUNITY ?????

I . CAN'T . FIND . IT ........   AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!?!?$!@#?!

Userlevel 3

@Scubaseahorse it’s under the help icon at the bottom of the app.

Userlevel 3

PS: Good news you got the update :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh my, I'm not off to a good start. Gonna have a look now......

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, I've found it now -  thanks again @Vazzer 

This is very confusing - why do we have to click on a FAQ link to get to the Community?  Is this to hide the Community from us all ....  I'm upset with all this change already 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It is a bit of a bugger to find, indeed Scubes. 

Little head in top right, then 

Keep scrolling 👍😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh you've found it. Perfect 👍👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Bev I didn't see that.  

Ok got it now.  Thanks for your help @Bev @Vazzer  👍👍👍👍

Just use a normal (non-private, non-incognito) window and you’ll stay logged in. No need for the link from the app.

My usual community browser was unaffected by the new app...

Play Store tells me app was last updated 28th May, and is version 8.20.6

This is not a very good advertisement for using Pure Planet when you tell us ‘Everything’s better in the App.’

PP would have had a harder time if they wanted to let the old app work with their new back-end. So they took a reasonable easy approach of needed them both to change at the same time.

However, the issue is App stores do not update all their users at once, hence your situation…

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

ios

The previous app wouldn’t connect to PP’s server and no message to update was visible.

Eventually manual update was performed directly from Apple when it became available later on, the new app does connect.

I’d therefore expect some flak from other users who may be unaware...

I’m getting a lot of freezing with the new update. Think it deffo must be my older device, altho shouldn’t be really, but may clear itself. 

@Bev let us know if this persists - is it all sections of the app that are freezing for you? Also, what’s the make and model of your device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have had app open all morning our Mads, and it’s super fast 👍👍👍🤷‍♀️, so was either just a hiccup when newly updated, OR just due to the older iPad, which aim to soon replace in autumn. So don’t worry, Mads, but I will keep you posted if it persists. Thank you 😉👍👍👍