Pure Planet app and web update - version 8.10.3 has improvements for new joiners

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies

Hey everyone,

We’ve released a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account.

It’s version 8.10.3 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update!

We’ve got some nice improvements and a few little bug fixes in this release.

We’ve had some fantastic feedback from new Members who’ve just joined us from MSE and other price comparison websites. You told us about wanting to see quote details on the switch summary page, and how some were accidentally cancelling.

So in this update we’ve added a ‘see your quote details’ link which displays the pop up of the quote, and we’ve added an extra step at cancellation to prevent accidents!

A shout out here to new Members who spotted these issues and flagged them in the community, including @DKnight28  @cnirving  @Jimbombim @Volt 1000  @AlexP @Rita1  :pray:

The other news which you may already have spotted, is that we’ve changed the app update page, so it’s clearer when there’s an update.

Thanks to @25 quid @stephenrand  @Gwyndy @woz  for your feedback on this one. :slight_smile:

That’s all for now. 

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play store for everyone.

Our tech team are also working on some bigger projects which we’re looking forward to sharing with everyone over the next few months!

10 replies

Just some feedback: I’m a new customer and the app is not working for me. I have just updated it and the screen is blank when I open it up. Trying the web instead, I have also found it impossible to upload meter reading photos from my iphone (it comes up as an error) and have now had to resort to doing it all on a computer. Thankfully that worked.

Hi @Wols, maybe try force quitting the app and trying again. 

If your iPhone has a Home button: double click it and then locate the PP app in the sideways list and swipe up off the screen. Then try again.

If your iPhone does not have Home button: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen an inch and then locate the PP app in the sideways list and swipe up off the screen. Then try again.

Good luck!

By the way, what error do you see when sending a photo? Perhaps you denied the app permission to access the camera when it first asked?

If so, head to Settings, Privacy, Camera, Pure planet and turn it on. However, I’ve just checked my settings and PP is not listed. So perhaps I’m guessing wrongly...

I think the previous problems might be better avoided than corrected after a tap.

Cancel normally means a non-destructive do nothing or stop what you’re doing action.

I think this issue might recur until you rename the button. Cancel Switch perhaps? Or maybe Stop the switch?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Wols, maybe try force quitting the app and trying again. 

If your iPhone has a Home button: double click it and then locate the PP app in the sideways list and swipe up off the screen. Then try again.

If your iPhone does not have Home button: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen an inch and then locate the PP app in the sideways list and swipe up off the screen. Then try again.

Good luck!

By the way, what error do you see when sending a photo? Perhaps you denied the app permission to access the camera when it first asked?

If so, head to Settings, Privacy, Camera, Pure planet and turn it on. However, I’ve just checked my settings and PP is not listed. So perhaps I’m guessing wrongly...

on an iphone it’s under settings, privacy, photos, pure planet

I think the previous problems might be better avoided than corrected after a tap.

Cancel normally means a non-destructive do nothing or stop what you’re doing action.

I think this issue might recur until you rename the button. Cancel Switch perhaps? Or maybe Stop the switch?

Hi @25 quid 

Hmm, I’ve been chatting to the marketing/product guys about this.

Point taken. But! This page is seen by people browsing our tariffs (as well as people halfway through a switch via MSE).

So for the ‘tariff browsers’ at the the first button stage they’re not switching yet. So ‘cancel switch’ isn’t accurate because their switch hasn’t started.

Hi @25 quid 

Hmm, I’ve been chatting to the marketing/product guys about this.

Point taken. But! This page is seen by people browsing our tariffs (as well as people halfway through a switch via MSE).

So for the ‘tariff browsers’ at the the first button stage they’re not switching yet. So ‘cancel switch’ isn’t accurate because their switch hasn’t started.

Hi @Marc,

Sounds like you need the button name to be an appropriately populated variable… Programming lesson #102 🤓

Hi

Just to mention that our tech team have squished some more bugs.

Latest version is 8.10.5

Pure Planet app update - version 8.10.5 is out now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Marc 

What were the bug fixes?

Hi @woz Nothing that anyone would notice. It was a couple of ‘back end bugs’ affecting anyone switching from variable to fixed, which was holding up some of the automation.

Just joined and getting constant server errors in app despite deleting and reinstalling a few minutes ago. As a result I can’t submit meter readings as requested. Came through MSE and pretty unimpressed so far