Pure Planet app and web update - download version 8.11.1

• 18 August 2020
  • 25 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6192 replies

Hi everybody

We’ve released a new version of your Pure Planet app and web account.

It’s version 8.11.1 for iPhone, iPad and Android. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the new app update!

This release has a few small improvements, and some bug fixes:

• Members can now use their keyboard to navigate around their accounts on web. This is an improvement for accessibility, and means Members who aren’t able to use a mouse or trackpad can now manage their account more easily
  • A progress bar has been added to switch journey
  • On the switch summary page for new Members joining us from price comparison websites, we’ve made the details and confirmation clearer
New Pure Planet switch summary page
  • The Pure Planet Android app was displaying as square on some devices - it’s now round :relaxed:
  • For web, meter readings now say ‘click’ to add, not ‘tap’ to add

That’s all for now. 

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play store for everyone.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Woohoo all seems to still be working.

Woohoo all seems to still be working.

You sound surprised @Jon1 :laughing::wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Haha my phones getting on a bit and starting to slow down im getting pumped up for when an update for something overloads it and its the end.

Haha, what’s it say if you’re using the web version on your touch device?

clever = too clever = not clever enough

Haha, what’s it say if you’re using the web version on your touch device?

Excellent. I’ve just one a bet :laughing::wink:

If it’s ‘web’ then it shows desktop version, and says click. Even if that’s a touchscreen. 

Haha my phones getting on a bit and starting to slow down im getting pumped up for when an update for something overloads it and its the end.

Maybe time to treat yourself to a new phone @Jon1 :grin:

I’ve been chatting to @25 quid about holding out for the new iPhone when it arrives in a few months (two?) but I have to say, the Google Pixel 4a looks pretty good value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Go with the iphone, even tho the Google does look good 🤭🤫

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s a one way deal, once in the Apple ecosystem there’s no (easy) escape.

Disclaimer that is neither a criticism nor a recommendation, other ball-and-chain ecosystems are available.

I do wish there was a choice of fonts in here...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

New phone is planned. Contract ran out in march but for some weird reason didnt feel the urge to rush into the phone shop and get an upgrade. Im happy paying my tenner a month for what is now effectively a sim only contract. Always had a samsung (whatever model is out) and had no issues. Cheap plan only use 200 texts 20 mins and 1gig data a month max. So no need to splurge. 

Or am i just being a tight arse.

I’m on 3-2-1 PAYG from 3 in my iPhone. I spend less than you do SIM only. My botty is tighter! 🍑

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

LOL PAYG🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀, bloody hell our 25 notes, is it 1997 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

New phone is planned. Contract ran out in march but for some weird reason didnt feel the urge to rush into the phone shop and get an upgrade. Im happy paying my tenner a month for what is now effectively a sim only contract. Always had a samsung (whatever model is out) and had no issues. Cheap plan only use 200 texts 20 mins and 1gig data a month max. So no need to splurge. 

Or am i just being a tight arse.

£10 a month, you’ve been done!

Unless it includes a lot more data.

Do you want a giffgaff link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

£10 a month? You're so spendthrift... I thought I'd boast about £6.14 for 1gb and 1000 minutes, unlimited texts...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well i actually pay £18.50 which gets me 2 phones 3gig , 1000mins , 5000 texts per month on each. Sending photos is extra dont understand why.  Way more than i need but they work abroad which is a bonus as i used to go to spain quite a bit to a hideoout in the mountains near malaga. Oddly not been this year .

Its here for the curious. Hahaha woz

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yeah I get unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 2gig data, but again that’s for three contracts, and sending photos extra, but for £6 a month per contract (£18 total) it’s pretty awesome 👍👏👏👏. Oh and it’s because I have broadband too, else would be a lot more. 

MMS is an absolute goldmine that the networks started cashing in on years ago. I used to have an O2 account that charged MMS as 3 (or 4) inclusive SMS messages which was fairly reasonable. I haven’t seen anything come close since. It’s pure profiteering! I have turned MMS off on my phone to avoid accidentally sending images to green people.

So @Bev & @stephenrand & @Jon1, any actual specific recommendations? I might be tempted to return to some inclusive texts/minutes so I don’t feel the pennies every time I communicate with dark side friends. But my usage is really low (<£5/month).

Well i actually pay £18.50 which gets me 2 phones 3gig , 1000mins , 5000 texts per month on each. Sending photos is extra dont understand why.  Way more than i need but they work abroad which is a bonus as i used to go to spain quite a bit to a hideoout in the mountains near malaga. Oddly not been this year .

Its here for the curious. Hahaha woz

I think you might have stumbled on a new game thread @Jon1! I just spent a happy 10 minutes or so identifying the location of the hideout from your clues. Looks like a lovely spot! 🔍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If your usage is less than five notes a month our 25 notes, and you don’t need multiple contracts, then you have to stay as PAYG as I don’t think you’d benefit from a contract. 

Like you, I too remember the earlier days when the customer benefitted. I had a beyond brilliant deal with T Mobile, whereby all MMS was included in my contract, it was seriously unlimited calls, texts, and MMS, it was before smartphones so no data back then, but boy it worked out sooooooooo cheap, huge savings every month. EE did everything to try get me to renew to one of their contracts when they took over, but I refused. In the end, the crafty buggers constantly cited “technical issues” every month with “t mobile contracts” 🙄🙄🙄🙄😡, and indirectly forced me to renew. Of course I didn’t, and went to a new provider, but appreciate they’re all combined in some way or another. I think the contract I have now tho is pretty great 👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I always try to remember to send photos in WhatsApp.

I wouldn't risk giving any definitive advice on phone contracts, other than I'm fairly convinced that buying your own phone with a sim-only contract is best for low non-high-tec users. I just helped a friend buy a phone at Tesco, you can get x2 on clubcard vouchers for paying the bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well not bad. My bit well i own 25% is as marked. Its very nice literally at the end of the road in the middle of no where. 50-50 phone signal no wifi, water provided the tank dont run dry. You have a tank as if reservoir drops to a certain level the water is simply cut off without warning and electric is well good in summer random in winter. Cant live there all the time or else need to pay a huge fine for not having planning. Electric cables from the last pylon to house were simply left on the floor with a note saying if you want it on poles then you need to build some poles. Putting up a fence around your property is considered offensive and will proberly get pulled down . Not the sort of things you would get away with over here .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm a sim only cheap skate too - unlimited mins and text 1 GB of data (never use it all and it gets rolled over) for £6 a month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I missed this completely derailed thread...too late for the detective work but it’s v slightly south of finca bonsai 36.840840, -4.498715

if data is important Plusnet are doing 30 day rolling unlimited calls, texts and 2.5 gigabytes (capitalisation avoided) of data (with an extra 2 gigabytes if you are an existing BB customer), for £6

If you are a light user giffgaff is a better option as you can payg keep credit and top-up with a goodybag if you know you’re going to need it. The only downside is if you need a lot of data.

Why is this in the app update thread?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, @woz it all started with @Jon1 expressing grateful joy that the updated app worked on his old phone... And you even managed to work in a reference to choice of fonts!!??

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@stephenrand oops, sorry I should have written I missed the continuation of...

v slightly south of finca bonsai

I think you slightly missed my previous answer showing another privacy preserving view of the secret location from a different angle.

anyway, thanks for the plusnet pointer. I might have to investigate...